News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

John park hopper

I went to WDW a lot in the 70's and 80's and 90's and don't remember attractions being down to the extent they are now. There is no excuse for a new attraction having the extent of technical difficulties TB is having. I have to ask what the heck has changed --unreliable technology, lack of maintenance, unqualified maintenance personnel, or budget cuts

Tha Realest

Oof. When they’ve lost Drew…

Keep in mind, this is a multi level disaster. One, the long stretches of nothingness makes the non-working affects or AAs that much more acute and noticeable - meaning a bad experience (see above) for those who do manage to ride. Two, its reliability is atrocious. Three, and to carry on that last point, it’s going to really wreak havoc on operations once BTMRR goes down.

And four - folks, this is all we’re getting for some time.

tanc

I'm going in November and hope the only day I can ride this (going to the first MVMCP), that it does not break down or that I will be lucky enough to ride it.

I'm trying not to judge the attraction until I ride it, but this constant breakdown is legitimately embarrassing. This is years of research and development that seemingly is failing, and the predecessor did not have this issue when it was fully functional. Yes, I'm sure Splash broke down sometimes in the past, but from my recollection not every single day. I know the ride opened relatively recently, but to have it fail on practically a daily basis is absurd.

I'm a software engineer, the amount of testing I do before pushing to production is crucial for our customers. Modern Disney attractions to me consistently seem to have more functional issues than in the past. I understand it is the evolution of technology though, it's just this ride is nothing like ROTR or incredibly complex. I'm not an electrical engineer and I contemplate if Disney just did not test these animatronics in certain weather conditions, or did not think about the overall function over time. I have a feeling that this ride will have to have certain effects in a B mode or something in order for it to function regularly.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Well I wouldn't say it is that bad.... Just missed the mark by design by committee.... I am not a fan of this for different reasons, but I think the team is talented... Just bad direction.....
I think you’re confusing the application of talent.

Simply inserting multiple AA and projection effects into a ride is not talent.

The talent is using the technology you have along with a story and good music to make something magical. Having a million dollar Tianna AA just flailing around is a waste.

They had an entire goody bag of resources and technology to use and they squandered it because there was no vision here with TBA and that’s why it is a failure.

Midwest Elitist

I'm going in November and hope the only day I can ride this (going to the first MVMCP), that it does not break down or that I will be lucky enough to ride it.

I'm trying not to judge the attraction until I ride it, but this constant breakdown is legitimately embarrassing. This is years of research and development that seemingly is failing, and the predecessor did not have this issue when it was fully functional. Yes, I'm sure Splash broke down sometimes in the past, but from my recollection not every single day. I know the ride opened relatively recently, but to have it fail on practically a daily basis is absurd.

I'm a software engineer, the amount of testing I do before pushing to production is crucial for our customers. Modern Disney attractions to me consistently seem to have more functional issues than in the past. I understand it is the evolution of technology though, it's just this ride is nothing like ROTR or incredibly complex. I'm not an electrical engineer and I contemplate if Disney just did not test these animatronics in certain weather conditions, or did not think about the overall function over time. I have a feeling that this ride will have to have certain effects in a B mode or something in order for it to function regularly.
Hope things are going fine for you. I was laid off in January and the SWE market seems like a meme now, so companies are making the same stupid mistakes: they eliminate their talent, many just leave by choice, and the product gets worse and less stable over time.
The way Disney announced their layoffs it was like a party. Sickening.

Incomudro

I'm starting to like this failure and the hub lighting failure.
I was going to say that an "unhealthy" part of me likes these failures.
But I don't think it's unhealthy.
I don't think it's unhealthy to want bad decisions to fail.
Failing is how we learn, or used to learn.
I love or loved Disney, and watching it go down the road it has recently taken is disturbing.
The whole company needs a severe overhaul from parks to films - completely new management.
Without it, what I used to think was impossible might be possible.
That is, complete collapse.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The lead for MMRR was Kevin - while he’s had some misses he’s extremely creative and was among the best of the best along with Tony and Joe.
IMG_6477.jpeg

IMG_6478.jpeg

She’s getting the credit, she gets the blame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom