News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

FailureTiana.jpg

JoeCamel

Ridiculously stupid that they cant let the general public into this when its designed to handle it, there is a management problem.
You are assuming there are guests present that would fill the queue?
If the OP waited 10 minutes then the queue is full and the ride is operating at full capacity. If logs were empty and there were thousands available to fill it then you would have a point but if all they do is stand people in a line and the throughput is the same then all they are doing is standing people in a hot line.

Fido Chuckwagon

If they opened the normal queue they would have people constantly comparing wait times to Splash's and trying to gauge whether they spent millions to get roughly the same amount of guests to ride.
Even if this was the most terrible ride on the face of the earth (It’s not. It’s not as good as Splash, but it’s adequate and it does have some top-notch AA’s) this thing would draw huge waits based on the fact that it’s the brand new ride that everyone wants to try. I am confident they’re not keeping it VQ because they’re worried the waits will be lower than Splash was.

Fido Chuckwagon

The VQ slots for this thing at 7 am disappear in about 3 seconds every day, but you think that picture of an empty queue points to a failure of the ride? Please. Now if you mean they are failing at managing the VQ system properly and/or they should just throw the thing open to standby, maybe. But this thing would not be a walk on if it were standby.

Brian

Tiana's Bayou Adventure reportedly cost $142 million.

The manpower required to develop and install the new decor and audio-animatronics compensates for lack of CGI. Combined with seven years of inflation it should put the upgrade budgets for both attractions at approximately a similar level and, according to Jaraudias, that came to $71 million (€65 million) as can be seen here. It would put the total spent on Tiana's Bayou Adventure over the past four years at $142 million. Making it back could take a lot longer than that.

gerarar

Premium Member
So I was at the dentist today for a cleaning, and the dental hygienist saw my Disneyland shirt which sparked a long conversation.

Their family and her went on their very first WDW trip sometime in late 2022 and she said that MK was her least favorite park they visited. Reasoning being that there were many "old" rides.

I was kinda perplexed what she meant by this. She said the boats on Small World and Pirates were dirty. You can see mold and icky stuff on the rides. Then came Splash Mountain. She said and I quote, "it looked like it was falling apart". The animatronics were broken everywhere and the boats were in very rough shape as bits and pieces were coming off. She then said that she was glad it closed so they could finally "fix it".

I was very surprised by this viewpoint, especially coming from a first time visitor. I guess this just goes to show how maintenance is important and how it can skew guest's viewpoints and opinions on rides. That even a masterpiece of a ride Splash was can really damper guest's views when not properly maintained.

The other thing was that they were somewhat
regular Disneyland park-goers, but after their first WDW visit, they prefer and love World more. They like the many parks to see/visit and how it feels like an enclosed-city, especially if you stay at the on-site resorts. Their favorites were Animal Kingdom (Avatar) and Hollywood Studios (Star Wars). They want to go back sometime soon also.

Anyways, it was nice talking to someone who isn't always "in the know". But it did give me a fresh viewpoint on the parks that I often don't see or hear.

Edit: just realized that this may be off-topic for this thread, so it can be deleted if deemed so.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

So I was at the dentist today for a cleaning, and the dental hygienist saw my Disneyland shirt which sparked a long conversation.

Their family and her went on their very first WDW trip sometime in late 2022 and she said that MK was her least favorite park they visited. Reasoning being that there were many "old" rides.

I was kinda perplexed what she meant by this. She said the boats on Small World and Pirates were dirty. You can see mold and icky stuff on the rides. Then came Splash Mountain. She said and I quote, "it looked like it was falling apart". The animatronics were broken everywhere and the boats were in very rough shape as bits and pieces were coming off. She then said that she was glad it closed so they could finally "fix it".

I was very surprised by this viewpoint, especially coming from a first time visitor. I guess this just goes to show how maintenance is important and how it can skew guest's viewpoints and opinions on rides. That even a masterpiece of a ride Splash was can really damper guest's views when not properly maintained.

The other thing was that they were somewhat
regular Disneyland park-goers, but after their first WDW visit, they prefer and love World more. They like the many parks to see/visit and how it feels like an enclosed-city, especially if you stay at the on-site resorts. Their favorites were Animal Kingdom (Avatar) and Hollywood Studios (Star Wars). They want to go back sometime soon also.

Anyways, it was nice talking to someone who isn't always "in the know". But it did give me a fresh viewpoint on the parks that I often don't see or hear.

Edit: just realized that this may be off-topic for this thread, so it can be deleted if deemed so.
Ah, the viewpoint of fresh eyes that aren't using nostalgia-vision.

Epcot82Guy

Yes, but not all. Especially when it comes to Splash.

I agree you are right there. But, it also begs the question... What if you took a $150M budget (leaving aside the other Splash factors) and really dumped it back into 2-3 attractions. There is a long list of attractions that could use a restoration. That person's response could be used to support new attractions - or to focus on maintenance. Because the list of "old" (i.e. dirty) attractions grows each time the money goes to a new attraction vs. restoration.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Any idea if this'll be off VQ by... Saturday? I know, I know, wishful thinking, but I'm only going for a day and I REALLY want to be able to do TBA and Tron in my one day. Also, is it possible to book TBA at 7 and Tron at 1 (I'm going with someone VERY good at their refresh game so no worries there) but can you book one at 7 and the other at 1? Or is it literally one VQ per day

gerarar

Premium Member
Any idea if this'll be off VQ by... Saturday? I know, I know, wishful thinking, but I'm only going for a day and I REALLY want to be able to do TBA and Tron in my one day. Also, is it possible to book TBA at 7 and Tron at 1 (I'm going with someone VERY good at their refresh game so no worries there) but can you book one at 7 and the other at 1? Or is it literally one VQ per day
You can book multiple VQs in one day. The catch is that you must have used your first VQ BG by the time you try to join another VQ

eg. You got a TBA BG in the morning 7am VQ drop. If by 1pm your BG has not been called yet, you cannot get a Tron BG. If it has been called and redeemed, then yes you can get a Tron VQ.

I've been thinking about this recently and one way around it is to not add your friend (or family member) to your TBA party. If your BG gets called before 1pm, just go to a GET umbrella and say you forgot to add them and they'll add them to your existing TBA BG.
If your BG hasn't been called by 1pm, let your friend/family members get a Tron VQ. After your TBA BG gets called and you've ridden, go to a GET umbrella afterwards to add the rest of your party to the Tron BG.

I've been reading on Twitter that they haven't been strict on return times for Tron recently, so maybe policy has changed and you can show up late for Tron now.

Also the afternoon 1pm drop for Tron has been lasting for at least an hour now for the past 2 weeks, so there's at least some wiggle room now.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

I agree you are right there. But, it also begs the question... What if you took a $150M budget (leaving aside the other Splash factors) and really dumped it back into 2-3 attractions. There is a long list of attractions that could use a restoration. That person's response could be used to support new attractions - or to focus on maintenance. Because the list of "old" (i.e. dirty) attractions grows each time the money goes to a new attraction vs. restoration.
It's sad that attraction don't have a maintenance budget already included so that newly allocated funds can be used for new or updated attractions. I def thought that Splash's AA looked tired the last time I rode. The puppet fur carpeting was looking old for sure.

Epcot82Guy

It's sad that attraction don't have a maintenance budget already included so that newly allocated funds can be used for new or updated attractions. I def thought that Splash's AA looked tired the last time I rode. The puppet fur carpeting was looking old for sure.

Oh - no doubt. It's not quite SSE or JP River Adventure level, but it had BIG maintenance needs.

To be fair, from what I understand, it's totally separate budgets. So, in megacorp world, the $150M from one wouldn't get reallocated to the other. But, perhaps that's part of the issue (being a company of this size).

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Then came Splash Mountain. She said and I quote, "it looked like it was falling apart". The animatronics were broken everywhere and the boats were in very rough shape as bits and pieces were coming off. She then said that she was glad it closed so they could finally "fix it".
I Dont Want You Tv Series GIF by CW Kung Fu

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I am confident they’re not keeping it VQ because they’re worried the waits will be lower than Splash was.
Why?

Do you not think it would be embarrassing for Disney to have a very public, controversial, and expensive attraction reskin of a beloved attraction have less demand than what its predecessor had?

A VQ can hide a lot of that and allows Disney to strictly control admittance to the attraction.

Also keep in mind that just because there is a VQ doesn't mean guests are not waiting in line. A VQ at Tron or GOTG often means at least an hour or more wait just to ride. I'd be curious to know how long guests with a VQ have to wait in the physical queue. Granted it's a higher capacity attraction, but if the prevailing wait time is less than 30 minutes, then either Disney is artificially holding back capacity by limiting the number and size of the boarding groups or they're really good at cycling guests through the attraction. (I don't think it's the latter)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom