News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JoeCamel

The one thing I am very curious about is how they retcon TBA right in the middle of what is Frontierland. That area is a thematic mess. I know similar could be said about Splash being next to BTM and the rest of Frontierland. This is more egregious though. I would be fine if they were creating some sort of mini New Orleans area, but I haven’t heard that at all.

I like when a ‘land’ defined and held together by cohesive themes remains as such. I also know that Disney has their reasons why they felt Splash had to go away. However, this addition in Frontierland just makes no sense thematically.
Probably just ignore it. You should have a meal with an imagineer and see how they explain it

James Alucobond

The one thing I am very curious about is how they retcon TBA right in the middle of what is Frontierland. That area is a thematic mess. I know similar could be said about Splash being next to BTM and the rest of Frontierland. This is more egregious though. I would be fine if they were creating some sort of mini New Orleans area, but I haven’t heard that at all.

I like when a ‘land’ defined and held together by cohesive themes remains as such. I also know that Disney has their reasons why they felt Splash had to go away. However, this addition in Frontierland just makes no sense thematically.
The exterior before passing under the train station is all remote bayou. It doesn’t need complementary New Orleans elements surrounding it any more than Splash needed scenery from elsewhere in Georgia framing it. That’s not to suggest that Pecos Bill will be around long term, but it’s been a southwestern restaurant sandwiched between southeastern attractions (Country Bears and Splash) for a long time.

aladdin2007

This is what they do now just plop things down anywhere without regard to location. The sign out front could have at least been more like the critter coop sign, but no it looks like something that belongs in Fantasyland as part of Alice, and is blaringly out of place in the middle of Frontierland. No brains or common sense.

Last edited:

Ice Gator

The attraction posted has been placed in the railroad station breezeway. Photo from the site that shall not be named. Nobody else has it as of now that I can find.

View attachment 796433
Thank goodness they made a better poster. A few weeks ago I felt this was one of the elements of the attraction they were lacking on. The initial “official” poster is horrible. This looks like something worth framing and has a lot more detail to it

Now if only they’d address why some of the merch items still have Brer Rabbit on the front of the log…like why would they let that slide?

Kirby86

Thank goodness they made a better poster. A few weeks ago I felt this was one of the elements of the attraction they were lacking on. The initial “official” poster is horrible. This looks like something worth framing and has a lot more detail to it

Now if only they’d address why some of the merch items still have Brer Rabbit on the front of the log…like why would they let that slide?
My best guess whatever company they use to make merchandise probably reused the Splash Mountain molds for the log since the ride vehicle outside of Brer Rabbit being there is the same. It's cheaper to reuse that. Also keep in mind the original model showing of what Tianas Bayou Adventure would look like did have Brer Rabbit still on the logs. Toys are made so far in advance they could have used that as a reference.

flyerjab

While Tiana is no Penguin Trek coaster at SeaWorld, the third of three coasters built in the last three years at SeaWorld, Tiana was, is, and always will be a fun log flume ;)
Planning on a follow up as I have ridden it more since my first ride on Wednesday. It has definitely grown on me. The music throughout the attraction is excellent. And the awkward timing issues were not an issue this time, making the movements and actions of the A1000s much better. And the screens, especially of Mama Odie, have to be some of the most crisp, clear screens I have seen.

Overall, I still give Splash the nod, but this is much, much closer now in terms of enjoyment and overall ride experience.

ToTBellHop

The moment we’ve all been waiting for lol
It came too late. That was supposed to be he highlight of my 4th of July neighborhood potluck. Thanks, Disney.
1720221640643.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom