News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

Some of you need to learn what “cringe” means. I’m not a big fan of screens but I think the Tiana/Louis thing is cute.
Image result for no gif

WorldExplorer

They should have done something other than shrinking for that segment.

For one thing, it's not even unique as we have a whole land plus another ride with that same idea.

Two, it doesn't make any sense. We can't find FROGS unless we're smaller than a mushroom?

Three, if it's going to be used as an excuse why they needed to use screens for this replacement of a ride that was screen free then it's absolutely not worth it, especially not if they were going to go with the awful CGI route.

And yes, I understand it's trying to match the animatronics, but I don't really care because it looks terrible.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I admit that I overstated the disconnect between the two, but could you specify which key ideas the queue sets up for the ride? The first Tiana animatronic in any case tells us that we’re on the hunt for animal musicians for her party. Does knowing more than that really change anything about the subsequent experience?

Examples -

the party references..
Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 1.14.25 PM.png

The Mardi Gras references...
Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 1.15.29 PM.png

more party references...

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 1.18.31 PM.png

Character setups around Louis (and of course ton about Tiana - which I won't bother highlighting)

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 1.20.30 PM.png

Then all the signage after that room is trying to setup the 'salt mines' excuse for moving into the mountain setting...

I think their approach is poor - but it is there... just done very subtly and passively.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I assumed that was referencing the fact that there are some separate environmental stories being told by the queue/outdoor portions of the ride (e.g. Tiana now owns a co-op) that aren’t all that related to recruiting animals to play music for a party at Fleur du Bayou.
meh... most of that is just setting... not causing conflict or complicating things. Maybe he could call it 'confusing' why they bother with all this stuff and think they are not significant to the ride experience per say.. but 'simpler narrative'? I mean it's like one line... the problem is not it needs to be simpler, it's that it's so simple it carries zero investment from the audience.

LittleBuford

Examples -

the party references..
View attachment 791485

The Mardi Gras references...
View attachment 791486

more party references...

View attachment 791488

Character setups around Louis (and of course ton about Tiana - which I won't bother highlighting)

View attachment 791491

Then all the signage after that room is trying to setup the 'salt mines' excuse for moving into the mountain setting...

I think their approach is poor - but it is there... just done very subtly and passively.

I think we’re talking at cross purposes. I am not denying that the backstory provides extra context for the main story. Some people may even find that context interesting. What I am saying is that the main story itself—with or without that extra context—lacks tension and tonal variety. Experiencing the queue doesn’t change or mitigate that.

SilentWindODoom

Disney used to be able to create compelling set pieces with gags that read instantly- Pirates and Mansion are chock full of them. Splash's set pieces reinforced the story they were trying to tell. This ride doesn't have any of that- which is probably why they had to add banners everywhere to tell us what's happening.

The two banners are probably the only way you'd be able to tell there's a party happening. :hilarious:

I saw Princess and the Frog and I'm wondering what Mama Odie is doing in the ride. Honestly that whole shrinking thing is weird. Mama Odie shrinks us because the Imagineers needed to reuse the laughing place set , Tiana tells Luis she has to find us since we shrunk, then Tiana and Luis forget about us when they see the musical frogs. I assume Tiana leaves since she has to rehearse, again not to worried about where we were aperently. That middle section up to the drop is so odd.

Two, it doesn't make any sense. We can't hear or find FROGS unless we're smaller than a mushroom?

Nothing in The Laughing Place hinted at a size change. The frogs were the same size as they were upstairs. I don't think it was included just to fit the previous space. I think if anything it was an opportunity to make the frogs life-size while keeping them in scale of what they were in the film.

Long before we saw any footage, I'd assumed Mama Odie was going to throw us down that the hill just for the lulz. She Glindas Tiana pretty well in the film. There's probably an easier way to find the frogs. This is the funniest to her.

Tiana and Louis see us. That's when she stops worrying. She addresses us personally, so she hasn't forgotten.

Three, if it's going to be used as an excuse why they needed to use screens for this replacement or a ride that was screen free then it's absolutely not worth it,

There's less screens there than upstairs. I don't think it was "an excuse" to use them.

Is there a reason they need 12 CM's to tell people it isn't running??

You know how they usually have games set up while the ride is down? They're there to play Red Rover.

All which was corrected with OTHER videos released within days. So why do we keep harping back to the first Disney video as why everyone hates everything and pointing out it's flaws? It's not the data point everyone is limited too.. so it's limitations have been passed.

Sorry this is just making excuses - give your audience more credit - they are capable of forming new opinions with new information.

Your argument could be 'first impressions...' but instead you take it to the level to believe no one could get past those and everything is flawed because they can't get past that. That's you trying to spin... instead of giving people credit for taking in all the other information.. not just the day 0 video.

I think this is an assumption made by the fact that following videos that showed a lot more caused some to realize assumptions made based on the incomplete information were false while others stayed exactly the same.

I'm not going to assume that those who still say the same thing are stuck on that first video. I will admit that when people harp on things that *have* clearly been addressed and repeat the same talking points no matter what it feels like there is no outside information that can penetrate.

Love his twitter reporting... but can't take any more of that post serious after reading "I wish Disney had kept a simpler narrative instead of trying to combine two or three stories"

I don't think Scott picked up on the story at all..

This sounds like what detractors have said about the missing ingredient, finding a band, etc being rolled up messily together with artefacts of everything being left around.

To me, it’s the need to talk about “lived experiences” with a fictional character.

There's been a lot of talk around here about not dismissing people. That sounds like not shaming others for their lived experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom