News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
MK is a hot mess this morning. Btmrr and sm down. Heading to Epcot.

Attachments

• IMG_20240613_115049098_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240613_115049098_HDR.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 42

Figments Friend

A had a friend ride the Attraction last week.
He was ‘spoiler free’ and was not aware of the fallout online between certain parties in the fan community, so went in ‘innocent’ and open minded.
I was very interested in hearing his opinion.

So what did he think?

His comments reflected ALL of the major points we have been discussing and arguing about here for weeks.
i just let him tell me his review of his experience, and he hit every positive and negative.
Great scenery, great AAs….
Too much ‘blank space’, story lacking and in his words ‘kinda pointless’.

But he DID enjoy the experience, primarily because it was the ‘new thing to do’.

-

aladdin2007

so what happens to the virtual queue when this happens, does it just start back up from the beginning in the order of those who won its lottery early this morning?...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think it's a bad strategy at all. Splash did it as well. But Splash also set up the story and introduced the characters on the ride. It was impossible to miss unless you chose to ignore it.

With Tiana, it's not so much the story that will confuse. It's the characters that aren't formally introduced. For us Disney fanatics, we know it all going in. For some general folks, especially kids, I see how they might be confused.

I find this quite a confusing point to make... because the VAST VAST majority of riders had no clue about the characters in Splash... Most people under 40 probably never heard of brer rabbit before getting on the ride.. and certainly didn't know the tales the ride takes an abbreviated version of.

The story isn't setup.. or even laid out.. it's just more the story relies on constructs and notions that people can pickup on without explicit exposition.

They could just digest the very simple construct of a rabbit.. being a smaller less aggressive animal... being pursued by a fox and a bear... animals known to be predators.. and there are caricatures of those prenotions that play out... the rabbit is setup to be witty and outsmart the dumb clumsy bear and stubborn fox.

The characters presented traits and prototypes people are familiar with.. so it's not difficult for them to pick up and follow them with a few rides.. even if they don't know the actual source material and don't need a real setup.

The ride never sets up why the fox wants to catch brer rabbit... or that the rabbit keeps outwitting the fox and bear.. you just see the outcomes usually of these adventures.. except when it comes to the final outtwitting of the briar patch.

I mean.. the very notion the story ISN'T very explicit is the mask the ride was able to use to it's advantage to avoid scrutiny for so long. The fact the basic constructs of the critters and their conflict can be illustrated and be cute... without getting into their larger batch of stories.

The challenge with Tiana's story is... it's so trivial it's what you tell a baby to excite a smile... "lets goto the party!" over and over while smiling and clapping your hands.

WDWhopper

But he DID enjoy the experience, primarily because it was the ‘new thing to do’.

Hey, it’s still the Splash Mountain water ride. I never really noticed the story anyway. Funny thing is, when Splash Mountain first opened in Disneyland, it was roasted at the time for recycling the geese from the closed attraction America Sings. Star Tours used some of the same (repurposed) geese. Now those characters are revered. Go figure.

gerarar

Premium Member
The screen of Tiana and Louis is broken/turned off in the shrunk segment.
1000012218.jpg

What it looks like when turned on:
1000012219.jpg

Edit: saw another live stream come by about 5 mins later and it was turned on again. Guess it just needed to be restarted or something?

Also noticed the first Louis AA earlier in the ride is broken – mouth and head not moving.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

gerarar

Premium Member

LittleBuford

Not really - the queue sets up key ideas for the ride.. like the very notion that Tiana is throwing a party and some character fluffing in there too.

The SETTING is different - but divorced and irrelevant? Absolutely not.
I admit that I overstated the disconnect between the two, but could you specify which key ideas the queue sets up for the ride? The first Tiana animatronic in any case tells us that we’re on the hunt for animal musicians for her party. Does knowing more than that really change anything about the subsequent experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom