News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SilentWindODoom

Apparently yesterday Louis was back on-line. Also, this log got both Mama Odie screens times perfectly. Hopefully that's a matter of them adjusting things and not just this log's luck. The second screen has been weird for a lot of logs from the beginning, but the first seemed good at first while more and more of late have been missing the effect of the magic spilling over completely.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I agree it’s a simple story but why do folks get shrunk?
To be able to see/hear the smaller band members you are trying to gather up. The frogs and the fireflies.

Now this yields the point that if we’re the “special spice” (invited guest) to the party anyway for which we’re going to get big again what was the point? Surely we’re not going to be able to really hear these tiny musicians anyway. Are we? It seems by the first scene in the bayou Louis and Tiana already found a big enough critter band to play at the celebration, but I digress.

I think at some point the story might actually have been about searching for a real cooking spice in the bayou for which the shrinking would have made more sense.

rioriz

"well we found some great musicians y'all, I'm gonna invite them all! But we need more so let's dig a little deeper!" Hence us getting small so we can now find insect and amphibious musicians......see you really shouldn't even need all that

solidyne

You wouldn't happen to be able to upload the sound or something, would you?
The picture is still quite blurry. However, assuming a treble clef (absent), assuming it's in F major (key signature absent), and assuming the durations in the first bar are four sixteenths, an eighth, and two sixteenths, it sounds like the attached.

[Welp, can't figure out how to attach sound file. If you know the major scale, just sing "la ti do do sol mi re do." It's not Zip.]

[ETA: Image was too blurry. Mistook noteheads for flags. Should be "la ti do do ti sol re do." Another poster identifies the song further below....]

Last edited:

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
It’s to find the last band and Mama Odie knows they’re down there so she shrinks us.
Except the dialouge tells us none of that. If the pre dip-drop Tiana and Louis had said something like:

[Tiana] I heard music somewhere, but we just can't seem to find the critters playin' it!
[Louis] Hey Tiana! I think they're in this log! But I can't see 'em!
[Tiana] Hmmm...maybe Mama Odie can help us!

Still extremely simple dialogue but it sets up why we're shrinking down. Unlike right now where they say:

[Tiana] I hope they all come to play at the party! But we still need to explore more!
[Louis] How's this?!
[Odie] Time to think big! Time to get tiny! Tiny! Tiny! Tiny!

[Tiana] They sure can play! But we've got to keep searching high and low!
[Louis] How low can I go?!
[Odie] Talent's everything, if ya dig down deep enough!

Homemade Imagineering

TBA should’ve taken notes from Monster Mansion given the mandate that Facilier isn’t an option. Simply have the dip drop lead into a spookier section of the bayou with menacing/unfriendly critters, tons of gators, snakes, etc… & Mama Odie only appears at the very last minute to rescue you & send you down a shortcut. It’s as easy as that, & would’ve allowed them to include an ever greater variety of figures in the Laughin’ Place section
IMG_6731.jpeg

SplashJacket

TBA should’ve taken notes from Monster Mansion given the mandate that Facilier isn’t an option. Simply have the dip drop lead into a spookier section of the bayou with menacing/unfriendly critters, tons of gators, snakes, etc… & Mama Odie only appears at the very last minute to rescue you & send you down a shortcut. It’s as easy as that, & would’ve allowed them to include an ever greater variety of figures in the Laughin’ Place section
View attachment 790255
Monster Mansion>>>>>>>>> literally anything

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Those screens always have looked weird on video, like they are supposed to have a 3-D effect. Screens usually look much worse on video than in person. I've been surprised at how good the bayou screens look in the videos I've seen and haven't heard anyone who's seen them in person complain.

From the Tim Tracker video. I've seen it clearer in others, but the notes are more than clear enough to make out.

View attachment 790237
The picture is still quite blurry. However, assuming a treble clef (absent), assuming it's in F major (key signature absent), and assuming the durations in the first bar are four sixteenths, an eighth, and two sixteenths, it sounds like the attached.

[Welp, can't figure out how to attach sound file. If you know the major scale, just sing "la ti do do sol mi re do." It's not Zip.]
The text says "THE SWEETEST STORY EVER TOLD"
It's a Bing Crosby song

1717878555006.png
(via AI enhancement)
Specifically, it's 2:50 into the song. "For that's the sweetest story ever told"
Interestingly, "the sweetest story ever told" is often used to describe Cinderella, but this specifically is sheet music for the Bing Crosby song, which was released in 1945.

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I agree it’s a simple story but why do folks get shrunk?
My understanding is that when Tiana says we have to keep searching "high and low," Mama Odie makes us small so we discover the frogs. Tiana wants to find more musicians, and when we find the frogs, she says this is the sound she has been craving, which completes the band. Tiana and Louis find us when we are as small as frogs, which is also when she realizes they are performing and can come to the party.

Vegas Disney Fan

It's a Bing Crosby song

View attachment 790256 (via AI enhancement)
Specifically, it's 2:50 into the song. "For that's the sweetest story ever told"
Interestingly, "the sweetest story ever told" is often used to describe Cinderella, but this specifically is sheet music for the Bing Crosby song, which was released in 1945.

Yep, that’s it!

SuddenStorm

Apparently yesterday Louis was back on-line. Also, this log got both Mama Odie screens times perfectly. Hopefully that's a matter of them adjusting things and not just this log's luck. The second screen has been weird for a lot of logs from the beginning, but the first seemed good at first while more and more of late have been missing the effect of the magic spilling over completely.

Great video, but man if I was on the ride for the first time (or any time, really) and I had to listen to someone's commentary the entire ride I'd be super annoyed.

solidyne

It's a Bing Crosby song

View attachment 790256 (via AI enhancement)

Great catch! I assumed it was "greatest," but that has religious overtones that don't quite fit.

The problem is that the pitches don't line up. Bing does sing it as it was composed in the 1890s, and it is close to how it appears on the box. I don't know why they would vary it the way they do, though. Here is the published sheet music:
IMG_9028.jpeg

The queue version is a reasonable embellishment of the melody, and I could imagine someone singing down the F triad at the end: C-A-F.

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Great catch! I assumed it was "greatest," but that has religious overtones that don't quite fit.

The problem is that the pitches don't line up. Bing does sing it as it was composed in the 1890s, and it is close to how it appears on the box. I don't know why they would vary it the way they do, though. Here is the published sheet music:
View attachment 790273
The queue version is a reasonable embellishment of the melody, and I could imagine someone singing down the F triad at the end: C-A-F.
That sheet music is how it's written on the box. They just cut "for that's"

Ghost93

since when do pumpkins grow in the bayou though, as brought up in the commentary.
In the queue, there was supposed to be a news article highlighting the controversy surrounding the Tiana's Foods Co-Op planting a non-native Pumpkin species into the bayou and how it might disrupt natural bayou growth and wildlife, but this was eliminated at the last minute due to budgetary concerns and fear that it might make Tiana look irresponsible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom