News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

solidyne

That sheet music is how it's written on the box. They just cut "for that's"
Ah, the first image below is so blurry that I was mistaking two eighth-notes' flags for heads (on "-ry ev-"). The E and C, consequently, appear to me as C and A! (I was wondering why the "A" would have had an awkward, downward stem.... Cuz it's a C with an up-stem!)
IMG_9029.png

IMG_9028.jpeg

For the benefit of those of us who need glasses, the flag should never be thicker than the notehead! 🤓

celluloid

Cumulative. I would think maybe since the first preview event (which I think was executive last weekend) ?

Cycling empty logs is one thing, but practicing full show with CMs is another.

This may shock some, but show elements are cycled for a long time so that they are show ready. These downtime are fairly extreme.

It is also not the sole reason the ride has been down.
A week before consistently opening is past the point of being down all day due to that many downed elements. Particularly with modern Disney.

aladdin2007

I wish Mama Odi mentioned the drop right before like, “let’s get you to the party, right over this waterfall” then they could have Louis say “waterfall?” where Brer Bear used to say “briar patch?” I miss that space for dialogue.
something like this would have been perfect, they didn't even try. It's like they didn't even know the lift and plunge existed. ''record scratch''

Disstevefan1

My understanding is that when Tiana says we have to keep searching "high and low," Mama Odie makes us small so we discover the frogs. Tiana wants to find more musicians, and when we find the frogs, she says this is the sound she has been craving, which completes the band. Tiana and Louis find us when we are as small as frogs, which is also when she realizes they are performing and can come to the party.
Good to know. So the frogs complete the band and we are the secret spice.

Truth be told, I never knew Splash’s story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Figments Friend

As much as I am not overly keen on what I have been seeing thus far, I will stand by this :

Leave final judgement for when you actually experience this Attraction in person.
There are things that cannot be seen in videos, and the overall ‘atmosphere’ is difficult to perceive in just a screen image on your device.

I recommend everyone give the Attraction a try and then judge.

It already has a lot going against it in my opinion, but I am not so hard headed that I will not give it a chance in person.
I loved the previous Attraction greatly, and this will never live up to that, but I will still take a ride and see what it is like in person when the time comes.

That being said….

I am glad to hear talk of WDI actively discussing ways to improve this experience with the Disneyland version of the Attraction.
If the assessment talk is true, then perhaps the second version will be the better of the two.
We shall see….

-

Disney Analyst

something like this would have been perfect, they didn't even try. It's like they didn't even know the lift and plunge existed. ''record scratch''

I think she does say something at the end, I heard it in one video:

“you’ll get there in no time, guaranteed! (Insert cackle) hang on ya’ll!”

Tha Realest

I am glad to hear talk of WDI actively discussing ways to improve this experience with the Disneyland version of the Attraction.
If the assessment talk is true, then perhaps the second version will be the better of the two.
We shall see….

-
where has there been any confirmation that 1) they acknowledge things needs to be fixed / course corrected, and 2 ) they’re doing so in DL?

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I think she does say something at the end, I heard it in one video:

“you’ll get there in no time, guaranteed! (Insert cackle) hang on ya’ll!”
Looks like before sending us over the drop her only line is:
"Now let's get you the party! You'll get there in no time, guaranteed! Ha-ha! Hang on y'all!"

Last edited:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I noticed this with multiple animatronics, does the team working on this not know logs get backed up on this ride or what? It's really odd they couldn't figure out some other idle movements...

Another nit-pick: they may need to adjust the lighting given this is a high quality AA that I assume they want the audience to fully appreciate. From the view of the rider the shadow cast from her hand appears to be blocking her face a significant amount of the time in this scene.

gerarar

Premium Member
where has there been any confirmation that 1) they acknowledge things needs to be fixed / course corrected, and 2 ) they’re doing so in DL?
Over on the DL side (supposedly):
Unfortunately, no, but I *can't* confirm that fully just yet. I know there was a strong group that basically petitioned to keep a few of the original America Sings figures for the redo but only at Disneyland, because there was such a strong history associated with them. However I believe the Creative Directors won out, due to budgetary and maintenance concerns, and we shouldn't see them when Disneyland's opens later this year. However I can confirm that WDI is reassessing the attraction in Anaheim after seeing the reception online (Yes they are very much aware about what goes on online) an emergency meeting was held with the project team at 1401 a few days ago.

splah

The easiest thing to do with spread out the animals in bands a little bit and tighten up the dialogue

The story isn’t inherently bad, it’s just I’ll presented

Sir_Cliff

The easiest thing to do with spread out the animals in bands a little bit and tighten up the dialogue

The story isn’t inherently bad, it’s just I’ll presented
The staging of the ride is part of the problem which I guess they could be able to fix somewhat over at Disneyland. One solution would be more figures to fill in the blanker spots, another is to deal with all those spots where it seems like figures are posed waiting for the logs to come past and trigger some dialogue. Perhaps the two are somewhat related in that your eyes might not immediately be drawn to the Tiana or Louis up ahead if they weren't spotlighted alone in the darkness, but you instead had other things to draw your attention. It would also help if they looked more as though they were doing something before they addressed the log. Again, though, maybe that all resolves if you zip by more quickly.

Not sure what they could do for WDW without taking the attraction down for an extended period, which they're not going to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom