News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone taken a ride on the Railroad to see if the windows to the finale are still covered? It seems like the view has been preserved, but views from the Railroad and Peoplemover seem to be forgotten when they build/renovate things (i.e. the dark tunnel under Tron and the Peoplemover experience through the Space Mountain exit queue and ride building itself being completely destroyed).
I have not heard, but something to check on June 28. Even if they plan to remove the cover, it may not happen until it officially opens.

LittleBuford

It's a quote from the movie (in the scene where Dr. Facilier is tempting Tiana) where Tiana recalls that her father never had what he wanted but had what he needed. She says "He had love. He never lost sight of what was really important, and neither will I!"

Since this entire ride is about love and community and friendship, I think the quote is quite fitting.
I don’t mind the quote, but I dislike the obviously computer-generated font in which it’s written, and I don’t understand why they put a full stop at the end of it.

TP2000

I'm sort of morbidly curious now just how similar or different DL's version will even be. One known difference so far is that they've enclosed the first drop entirely for some reason (whereas WDW's remains open). Despite WDW opening first, DL was the original one they designed this attraction for. So it stands to wonder whether it will turn out any better, as WDW would theoretically be a square peg in a round hole situation. I don't know, but I don't hold out hope for their version either.

Agreed. I was an early cheerleader for this ride redo, but I have been let down by what Disney came up with at WDW. It's a mess out there. I fear for what this means for all the rides in development for both coasts with the $60 Billion parks investment. :(

But I'm holding out hope that this very thin plot and nonsensical finale' will somehow improve on Disneyland's faster and more frenetic and less structured ride system. There's no pacing logs at Disneyland, it's just a fast dash through the flume while stuff happens quickly as you shoot by. I could see how this Tiana concept might work better at Disneyland.

Which is hysterically ironic: For over 30 years, Disneyland had the weirdest and most hard to follow version of Splash Mountain with almost too many animatronics and visual gags happening inside it. WDW's Splash Mountain that came later was slowed down and made more coherent, with a paced ride system, clearer storyline and a streamlined cast of AA's.

How bizarrely funny would it be if Disneyland got the better version of Tiana's Bayou Adventure because it had the least controllable ride system and the worst version of Splash Mountain?

Brer Oswald

Agreed. I was an early cheerleader for this ride redo, but I have been let down by what Disney came up with at WDW. It's a mess out there. I fear for what this means for all the rides in development for both coasts with the $60 Billion parks investment. :(

But I'm holding out hope that this very thin plot and nonsensical finale' will somehow improve on Disneyland's faster and more frenetic and less structured ride system. There's no pacing logs at Disneyland, it's just a fast dash through the flume while stuff happens quickly as you shoot by. I could see how this Tiana concept might work better at Disneyland.

Which is hysterically ironic: For over 30 years, Disneyland had the weirdest and most hard to follow version of Splash Mountain with almost too many animatronics and visual gags happening inside it. WDW's Splash Mountain that came later was slowed down and made more coherent, with a paced ride system, clearer storyline and a streamlined cast of AA's.

How bizarrely funny would it be if Disneyland got the better version of Tiana's Bayou Adventure because it had the least controllable ride system and the worst version of Splash Mountain?
For all its faults in story pacing, Splash at Disneyland still fit the vibe with its fever Dream like visuals. It will be hard to top the rainbow caverns of the laughing place, filled with America Sings critters.

I think the Disneyland one will end up a lot worse. Especially if they go with the same dark bayou Aesthetic the Florida one now has.

WorldExplorer

Louis is completely broken

I sure hope they just made a special exemption for the previews or haven't had anyone report it and don't plan to run the ride normally while major animatronics are completely nonfunctional.

Also, of course, going to the bayou was Tiana's idea and Louis, the trumpet playing alligator that LIVED in the bayou, did not expect to actually find musicians out there. Makes perfect sense.

SuddenStorm

I was thinking, its possible they may look at how Tiana in WDW is received, consider all the views and comments and make corrections to the DLR version.

Lets see what happens.

1717813040040.gif

Ghost93

I agree with this. I thought the Magic Kingdom version of Splash was a 10/10 ride with a coherent story, but the Disneyland version zipped by so fast that the story would be completely incoherent if you weren't already somewhat familiar with Brer Rabbit. In this case, the overly simplistic nature of the Tiana's Bayou Adventure storyline might be an asset rather than a hindrance with the Disneyland version.

SuddenStorm

Tiana's Bayou Adventure is like if in Indiana Jones Adventure, instead of having us look into Mara's eye and get sent to the gates of doom, we don't and it's a peaceful stroll through an ancient temple and at the end Indiana Jones tells us how special we are and we receive one of the three rewards from Mara.

I'd say it's an apt comparison- both rides advertise an A-list character and an adventure in the title.

One is considered to be among the greatest dark rides ever built, and actually has an adventure.

The other isn't, and doesn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom