News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Could you see what was in the trunk beside Tiana? Are there any other small figures or effects in the bayou that are visible that we can't see on video?

Did you have any repeat lines that you could hear due to log jam? Did the audio bleed much from surrounding logs to yours?

Were there any animatronic hitches while you were on?

Is it interesting in person? Are there any other interesting sonic moments or otherwise that we may not have gotten through a camera?
Too many questions! Just kidding, I'm happy to do my best to explain it!

#1: I didn't see what's inside the trunk from my first 2 rides, and I'm not sure yet if it's visible at all or if I just haven't seen it.

#2: There's a lot of the frog figures with the eyes that follow you throughout. Gloria and Delores show back up after the finale. The fireflies glowing above look incredible in person. The "transition" to being as small as a frog is very simple, yet very effective. There's a flash of light as you enter and exit the drop, and the audio really sells it.

#3: The only time our log stopped was on the first ride, but that was right after the finale, so we got to appreciate it for a little bit. The audio bleed is very minimal and much better than Splash, but I'll have to get the exact spots as I ride it more.

#4: No animatronic hitches besides the first Louis, his mouth wasn't moving. This has since been fixed.

#5: I'd say the entire thing is interesting, even the quieter parts because it feels real and natural. There's tons of little things you'd have to see with your own eyes, but the most fun one is the firefly that appears massive in the bottle before the lift and 50-foot drop. They are moving alongside the log up to the lift, and it's timed to the log passing by. Very fun.

Disstevefan1

YAY, I am out of forums.wdwmagic jail 👍👍👍

I have not ridden it in person, but the POVs look fine.

The old animatronics were less sophisticated, but since less sophisticated, there was less to go wrong.

I hope these new animatronics hold up in that uncontrollable environment.

I may be wrong but I thought I saw Louis’s mouth not working right in one of the many POVs out there?

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I don't have Twitter but I would really love to know what your thoughts were! Do you plan to post anything on Youtube about it? I have so enjoyed following your updates on here throughout the process.

One question that I have, and I feel silly for asking it-- what is the storyline? I have watched 3 different POV videos and I can't make out what the characters are saying in any of them, so it is very hard for me to figure out what is going as far as the story goes.

I will say, from what I can SEE in the better videos, I think it looks amazing. I loved Splash Mountain. It was my family's favorite ride by far. But I never loved it for its story. I barely understood the story in Splash, I just had fun looking around at the scenes, falling down the drops, and getting wet. I realize I must be in the minority (especially on a board like this one), but it seems like the ride will still be a big favorite for me and my family when we go in 2025 and I am super excited about it!
I'll have stuff on my YouTube next week and I actually had a 2.5 hour conversation with Chris and George at OrangeGrove 55 last night. They are posting that video today.

The storyline is very simple, yet exactly what has been advertised. We are going into the bayou in a last-minute search to find the critters to perform at the Mardi Gras party.

This is set up immediately from the millhouse scene, where she says we need to meet Louis up ahead to find them.

The first indoor scene is the one we saw in December 2022, the zydeco band, with Tiana and Louis. The way this scene is staged was gorgeous, and it's my 2nd favorite behind the finale.

Then we find the next band, the Rara band, which is made up of foxes and bears. After that, we see Tiana in her solo scene, where she says we need to keep searching high and low.

Mama Odie shows up, which Tiana and Louis are not aware of, and she makes us as small as a frog. We find the frog band, Las Ranitas Verdes, when we are small, and then the fireflies guide us to the "shortcut" which is the 50-foot drop.

We are made normal size as we are going up the drop, where we see Mama Odie as an A-1000 animatronic, and then sent down the drop to the party with all of the critters performing.

aladdin2007

1717602143212.png

This is the type of scene that should have been throughout the ride, I just don't get it. Also that merch piece with tiana and naveen standing at the tower could have been a ride scene as well, instead we get no naveen. (not counting barely existing in finale). This is the style and effort the ride should have been populated with, they got everything backwards.

MadderAdder

I'll have stuff on my YouTube next week and I actually had a 2.5 hour conversation with Chris and George at OrangeGrove 55 last night. They are posting that video today.

The storyline is very simple, yet exactly what has been advertised. We are going into the bayou in a last-minute search to find the critters to perform at the Mardi Gras party.

This is set up immediately from the millhouse scene, where she says we need to meet Louis up ahead to find them.

The first indoor scene is the one we saw in December 2022, the zydeco band, with Tiana and Louis. The way this scene is staged was gorgeous, and it's my 2nd favorite behind the finale.

Then we find the next band, the Rara band, which is made up of foxes and bears. After that, we see Tiana in her solo scene, where she says we need to keep searching high and low.

Mama Odie shows up, which Tiana and Louis are not aware of, and she makes us as small as a frog. We find the frog band, Las Ranitas Verdes, when we are small, and then the fireflies guide us to the "shortcut" which is the 50-foot drop.

We are made normal size as we are going up the drop, where we see Mama Odie as an A-1000 animatronic, and then sent down the drop to the party with all of the critters performing.
The way you talk about all the bands and types of bands is what I wish was more evident in the ride. Or have one type of band member from each band set join together for Louis’s band. But alas. Thank you for sharing!

ToTBellHop

The way you talk about all the bands and types of bands is what I wish was more evident in the ride. Or have one type of band member from each band set join together for Louis’s band. But alas. Thank you for sharing!
That's why they put out 23653 words of backstory across 46 DPB postings over the last two years! Guests are expected to do their research and must pass a quiz in HR (the old barn) before they can be onboarded into a log.

Sectorkeeper71

Raineman

It's going to be interesting, once TBA opens to the public, to see the reaction from the kids after they ride it the first time. Any kid that loves PATF probably has that image in their mind of Tiana in her dress, with Naveen by her side, and Dr. Facilier doing bad guy things. This attraction has basically none of that. I'm sure there will be questions to parents like "Why wasn't Tiana wearing her princess dress?" "Where is Naveen?" "Where is Facilier?" "Why can I hear Ray singing? Isn't he dead?" This re-theme is obviously aimed at the younger audience, so their reactions and opinions on the ride may be the most telling as far as if this ride will last.

Figments Friend

The related merchandise looks nice.
Someone made a effort here artwork wise.
The refreshed interior of the Critter Co-Op also looks quite nice.

It does irk me however that they keep using the tag line 'Join The Party!' for the products and marketing related to this experience.
Some of us are still in mourning and this is NO party by any means.
Just rubs me the wrong way all things considered.

But i like the look of some of the merch.
Let's see if it actually sells to Guests...and not just the local Ebay flippers.

-

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The related merchandise looks nice.
Someone made a effort here artwork wise.
The refreshed interior of the Critter Co-Op also looks quite nice.

It does irk me however that they keep using the tag line 'Join The Party!' for the products and marketing related to this experience.
Some of us are still in mourning and this is NO party by any means.
Just rubs me the wrong way all things considered.

But i like the look of some of the merch.
Let's see if it actually sells to Guests...and not just the local Ebay flippers.

-
Some of you have mourned the loss of a ride longer than I mourned the loss of a grandma.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom