News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Sir_Cliff

I don’t want to be Disney’s “friend” or “ingredient” nor do I want to be “the magic”

I miss the days of just being a guest
To be fair, when Tiana said "your very special spice makes us complete", she was referring to someone else in the log. I also hear she thinks you probably shouldn't "be true to the very unique thing that makes you you" and meant that for someone else. She actually kind of thinks you need to work a little on yourself.

If you take it as her being passive aggressive and purposefully complementing the other guests while ignoring you, you may enjoy the ride more!

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

Yes I caved and watched the DPB video because it was too hard to discuss without watching it once.

Why did they release such an awful, dark video? That was supposed to help control the narrative? And that’s the best their team can make?

There are entire visual effects that you can’t even make out in that video. Bloggers make better videos.

Oof. Rough place to start. But it sounds like you caught another to be able to compare. Or got a ride.

I just want to say thank you for this I noticed a few things that I was not able to see from the other videos posted! Mainly that Louis is in the first scene with the okra

I've heard multiple people not realize that was Louis. I originally saw this figure on the aerial shot and knew it was coming. I wonder if I only was so immediately sure because of this.

Fantasy Springs is millions of times better than this. It doesn’t look “exactly” like this. Sure this builds up an atmosphere like Fantasy Springs (an aspect of Tiana’s I enjoy) but for the actual attractions they are nothing alike.

Frozen - Is way more advanced then this will ever be and has conflict (Elsa running away, Anna freezing etc). Far better show scenes then Tiana’s as well.

Tangled - Is like you said conflict-free which isn’t a bad thing because the story of Rapunzel going to the lantern festival is portrayed nicely. Tiana’s is also not as advanced as tangled. Tangled is also not meant to be a E-ticket.

Peter Pan - You are correct, it’s a screen based ride. That being said, it works incredibly well and is probably one of the best uses of a screen attraction I’ve seen. Probably my favorite ride in fantasy springs ironically.The attraction also has conflict (John is captured by Captain Hook and we and the darlings are there to rescue him with Pan’s help).

Fantasy Springs is also a land with 3 attractions, a hotel, and lots of eateries that are very well done/themed and from what I’ve seen well received. Apples and oranges comparison between a single land and one attraction.

I’d be fine with a total clone of some of the rides (besides frozen we already kinda have it).

Like I said, I really enjoy the Peter Pan ride and Tangled would make a fine D-ticket.

Obviously, there's a big difference in the scale and a whole lot of difference in budget. A land with four D-through-B-ticket attractions and one E-ticket are apples and oranges. But the ingredients are so similar. Everything failing and gripe except for the comparison to an original is there. But because they're not to the same scale, they're not as big a problem. I defended Rapunzel having no conflict or Gothel because it doesn't seem the goal of the ride. It's trying to be a little romantic tour of their relationship.

But just as the Mansion, Pirates, and the Jungle Cruise are three completely different rides which share so many similarities (not the least of which is Marc Davis's gags), I look at Fantasy Springs and see just about everything someone has complained about here and there. That makes it funny to see some people demonizing one and praising the other or even suggest soliciting the services of the other company when they're both WDI.

One thing that seems painfully obvious is that the original rock work in the queue "tunnel" really has no place in a New Orleans themed ride. You dig 1 foot in NOLA and you're hitting water. Just doesn't match the attraction. Again, why retrofits never seem to work out very well.

We can't still be doing this.

Rip out those bathrooms and let’s get cracking in MK. Assuming there is some space.

If not then sure, WS may work. I’d prefer it in Magic Kingdom though.

There's stuch a tiny space you've got to thread between the Mansion and Small World show buildings. It's similar to the journey to Indy in Disneyland or (hopefully) Moana in the future. And I don't know if they want to cut off the vehicle access there.

At WDW, they had the perfect venue in Port Orleans French Quarter to build on that concept.

Doesn't French Quarter still have their table service restaurant shuttered? Did they ever do anything with that space? Seems like an easy choice.

Beauty and the Beast is flawed, and absolutely showcases some of the issues with the way Disney designs trackless rides.

I just think it looks more interesting than Tiana -- if I had them side by side and could only pick one to ride, I'd pick Beauty and the Beast.

The storytelling works and the final effect is great, but the rooms are so wide and the ceilings so low. The squatness of these spaces brings so much attention to the unthemed ceiling. But it looks like we're speaking of comparing the two on different qualities.

Also, I went back to the reveal of the DL animatronics and saw this: wondering where they’ll put this and if anything else will be altered from the WDW version. This presentation looks more visually interesting to me than Tiana on the stump.

View attachment 789440

Not to mention it explains why Tiana's just sitting down in the middle of her crazy romp. She's waiting for Louis to get out. I wonder... is it possible the separation was due to a worry of having nothing at the end of the frog song straightaway?

UNCgolf

The storytelling works and the final effect is great, but the rooms are so wide and the ceilings so low. The squatness of these spaces brings so much attention to the unthemed ceiling. But it looks like we're speaking of comparing the two on different qualities.

Oh absolutely; Beauty and the Beast is far from perfect. The outdoors scene is especially bad -- not that it's totally bad overall, but you spend far too much time there. Riders should move through there and into the library rather than just floating around in that space for such a long period.

I'm solely talking about the big picture rather than individual aspects; the entirety of Beauty and the Beast looks more interesting to me than the entirety of TBA. But that's not because TBA is terrible (or because BatB is an A+ attraction). On the other hand, I'd much rather ride TBA than the Peter Pan E ticket at Fantasy Springs.

SilentWindODoom

Now that I've finally caught up, I'm closing a bunch of tabs. Watched the Lottie's Eye cut again, and it's the first one that's really lingered on Lari. For the first time I realized his eyes are the Haunted Bust/Orlando Portrait Gallery effect. It's quite effective. No wonder the eyes are lit. Cool little detail. But he's gotta be around more.

Homemade Imagineering

I’m warming up to this the more I see from better POVs and the overall queue. The queue seems to be the best part, I love that radio loop & I hope it’ll get posted online eventually. Anyways, there are some nice details alongside the flume on those outdoor portions, & the music within the attraction is mostly solid for me. Within that quiet stretch between the Rara Band & Tiana the musical arrangement of Goin’ Down the Bayou really reminds me of the music from the Frog Forest in Knott’s Bear-Y Tales. Probably one of my favorite bits of music from the attraction so that helps to make up for the lack of substance in that area. Overall while still imperfect in many ways, there is alot of good things to acknowledge about the attraction. Some of its shortcomings are made up for in other spots of the flume where SM was a little more lacking in scenery. I do think with another refurb of the attraction, adding in some additional animated figures would go a long way and is something I strongly encourage WDI to do

MerlinTheGoat

Dunno if this was already posted, but I found a reaction on the ride from Royce Alcoser, former imagineer. He used to do painting, skinning and costuming for animatronics (including some of the repairs of several of DL Splash's AA's some years back). He also made some really cool conceptual images of the Swamp Boys in festive Mardi Gras outfits. I was initially fooled into thinking they were the genuine thing and would be included in the ride too, but they were created as part of his own personal collection of props and personal reproductions (which in general are very good). Shame the TBA team didn't use these ideas and scrapped all of the old figures (at least at WDW).

Anyway, here's his video on TBA. He was previously very optimistic about this overhaul btw. But as you can probably tell from the thumbnail, not so much anymore... Basically the same criticisms most everyone else has levied towards the attraction, but it's still interesting to hear these things from imagineers who have a background in art and especially AA skinning.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

EDIT- Disregard this post, I think I was mistaken and it's just difficult to spot due to that prop being so dark in the video.

I just noticed in the Mousesteps video that they not only took out the banner outside before the finale scene (which was mentioned already), but they have also removed the banner inside the finale room too. Dunno if this was already known. The ones attached to the mill and across the garden are still there though sadly...

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

I just noticed in the Mousesteps video that they not only took out the banner outside before the finale scene (which was mentioned already), but they have also removed the banner inside the finale room too. Dunno if this was already known.

For the finale room, do you mean the Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen banner?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What's weird is how insulting this is to their audience.

Does Disney think so little of their fans that this is the level of writing they think they need for us to comprehend the attraction?

There's no subtlety, it's just hitting us over the head with plot.

Tiana doesn't exist as a character- she exists as a narrator for plot exposition. Which I guess is because we are the main character. Which is stupid.

I don't think they're insulting the audience as much as keeping the plot simple for little kids...you know, the ones barely tall enough to ride in the first place.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Pages for Critter Co-Op and Tiana's Bayou General have launched on the Walt Disney World website and My Disney Experience app.

Critter Co-Op will have Merchandise Mobile Checkout available.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 10.16.15 AM.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom