News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Incomudro

View attachment 789648
This is the type of scene that should have been throughout the ride, I just don't get it. Also that merch piece with tiana and naveen standing at the tower could have been a ride scene as well, instead we get no naveen. (not counting barely existing in finale). This is the style and effort the ride should have been populated with, they got everything backwards.
Yes, little things like this would flesh out the lives of the critters on the ride.

Vegas Disney Fan

Probably the closest thing I’ve seen to an ”average” guest review so far, what I mean by that is it’s clear from his comments he had a general idea of the changes but hadn’t followed it closely enough to know the details… and he completely missed the “find a band” storyline.

I also think this is similar to what the average guest will likely think of the ride, he really enjoyed it but found it too dark and didn’t understand the story. Overall I’d call this a fair and balanced review.

DisneyFanatic12

Something has been in my mind. IDK if anyone else has noticed it, but the water emitters at the top of the hills seem to be turned off more than they are on in pictures and videos of the ride. Most visibly, the water for the big waterfall / last drop is often vacant.

All of this makes me wonder… does the water running down the hills cause possible downtime, or is it a result of downtime (like the parrot on Miss Adventure Falls that doesn’t like to be powered off and on)?

Basil of Baker Street

I don't suppose I can fairly give an opinion until I actually experience it, but no music from the film?!?! Holy smokes! PaTF has an awesome soundtrack! If ever there was a ride you could book report, this could have been it!

DisneyHead123

I don't suppose I can fairly give an opinion until I actually experience it, but no music from the film?!?! Holy smokes! PaTF has an awesome soundtrack! If ever there was a ride you could book report, this could have been it!
No I don’t think that’s correct. Unless the POVs I watched added their own soundtracks. Pretty sure the music is featured though.

TheRealSkull

I'll have stuff on my YouTube next week and I actually had a 2.5 hour conversation with Chris and George at OrangeGrove 55 last night. They are posting that video today.

The storyline is very simple, yet exactly what has been advertised. We are going into the bayou in a last-minute search to find the critters to perform at the Mardi Gras party.

This is set up immediately from the millhouse scene, where she says we need to meet Louis up ahead to find them.

The first indoor scene is the one we saw in December 2022, the zydeco band, with Tiana and Louis. The way this scene is staged was gorgeous, and it's my 2nd favorite behind the finale.

Then we find the next band, the Rara band, which is made up of foxes and bears. After that, we see Tiana in her solo scene, where she says we need to keep searching high and low.

Mama Odie shows up, which Tiana and Louis are not aware of, and she makes us as small as a frog. We find the frog band, Las Ranitas Verdes, when we are small, and then the fireflies guide us to the "shortcut" which is the 50-foot drop.

We are made normal size as we are going up the drop, where we see Mama Odie as an A-1000 animatronic, and then sent down the drop to the party with all of the critters performing.
Great episode you did with them. OrangeGrove55 is underrated, people. Go check em' out, they break things down really well and have softened my view on this ride. Gonna give it a chance once I ride it soon!

Also, here's OrangeGrove55's channel:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom