News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Phineas

I'll most likely ride it eventually before the year is over. I have an AP currently and am a local. But I am avoiding the parks right now due to high temperatures and ongoing health issues with chronic pain that is heavily aggravated by heat. The vast majority of the complaints I have with the ride aren't the sort of things that would be fixed by riding in person regardless though.
Oof, good luck with that Florida heat. I’m not sure how I ever tolerated Florida in July when our vacations were beholden to school schedules. If I suddenly became a local, I’d be hibernating every summer.

_caleb

Has anyone seen a non-fixed camera side-by-side ridethrough video comparing TBA to Splash? I'd be interested to compare the "empty sections" between the two.

Basketbuddy101

Aside from the obvious points about removing any semblance of conflict by omitting Dr. Facilier, I still believe 'Dig a Little Deeper' should've been used in the attraction's finale. It's no Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah, by any means, but it at least feels like a more satisfying number to end with than what we got. Speaking of the finale, what were they thinking in not recycling the showboat? Were they really that desperate so as to not include anything that reminded people of Splash Mountain? It would've been undoubtedly cheaper to just recycle it than what they probably spent to re-do that scene. Such shoddy decision-making across the board.

ToTBellHop

The ride was evaced again today.
See, this is the kind of consistency you don’t find anywhere else in 2024. Well-done, Disney!
1717544530225.gif

EricsBiscuit

Who said they need Dr Facilier to have some conflict? Why not make the plot about loading hoards of cash she has been hiding from the newfangled IRS onto logs and then hurrying as fast as possible to make the deposit on a new location before the big bad businessmen steal the prime real estate?

tlking88

The more POVs I watch, the more disappointed I get. The animatronics and some scenery are great but that's about it. They thrust food in your face yet the actual ride is about finding a band for a part. Lacklustre. And then the empty areas and dark spaces are unforgiveable. It's just a complete mess. If Disney is proud of this then the future is bleak.. very bleak.

And then what happened to that mist screen at the top of the drop? That didn't last long.
The mist of Blackbeard in Pirates also lasted about a day as well

SuddenStorm

What's weird is how insulting this is to their audience.

Does Disney think so little of their fans that this is the level of writing they think they need for us to comprehend the attraction?

There's no subtlety, it's just hitting us over the head with plot.

Tiana doesn't exist as a character- she exists as a narrator for plot exposition. Which I guess is because we are the main character. Which is stupid.

JoeCamel

Who said they need Dr Facilier to have some conflict? Why not make the plot about loading hoards of cash she has been hiding from the newfangled IRS onto logs and then hurrying as fast as possible to make the deposit on a new location before the big bad businessmen steal the prime real estate?
1927 in New Orleans? She had a rumrunning business on the side. IRS was a burr on the butt of a frog but the mobsters were the real deal.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom