News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JoeCamel

Snake oil’s the new pixie dust
Snake oil is so common, got this at Walgreens

20240603_145813.jpg

JohnD

I watched this video yesterday, and I was relieved that at least the characters did say different things and not always the same lines:

It was less jarring watching this than Disney's version with the cuts. It seemed to flow a bit better (but not that much).

I'm happy for Drew liking it. But now I've seen several videos, not just Disney's. I don't hate it but I'm not excited about it either. I'll ride it in October and will like it for what it is but it could have been so much better.

Trauma

I can picture it all in my head.

Iger in his office, picking his cellphone up off his desk.

Checking the comment section of the YouTube video, he starts to scroll furiously looking for some sign of positivity!

After the initial wave of panic wears off he collects himself, slowly sets the phone down on his desk and lets out a long sigh.

He then returns in earnest to the difficult task of destroying the company.

Midwest Elitist

Checking the comment section of the YouTube video, he starts to scroll furiously looking for some sign of positivity!

After the initial wave of panic wears off he collects himself, slowly sets the phone down on his desk and lets out a long sigh.
"Yeah, I thought it was boring".

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Secret footage from Bob's office after he checked his phone for positive feedback about TBA (collected from an anonymous source who said she was not Willow Bay 🤷‍♂️ I'll take her at her word, she sounded nice but the voice was very familiar...):

Phone Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ayla

Unfortunately that’s the truth. What is more puzzling is despite a large swath of the population understanding that, people still keep logging in. I wish more people would just break the cycle. There are so many communities like this from a wide range of topics that avoids the gamified-nature of the aforementioned social media platforms.

I deleted both Twitter and TikTok because of how much of a genuine waste of time they both are, and besides the annoyance of clicking on posts on this Forum because I don’t have an account, I’m actually living a happier, more productive life.
I noticed a huge decrease in my anxiety once I deleted my twitter account (never had tik tok).

Mr. Sullivan

Umm…have a good day…I don’t want to get into an abstract debate with you.
Wasn’t looking for a debate, was just asking a question since you seemed so sure of it’s controversy despite that going against literally everything DL locals have ever told me about it. Was interested in being pointed to the thoughts of the opposite if it’s out there since the DL forum and servers I’ve joined spoke so highly of it.

JohnD

Previews cancelled for whole day, some people were in line for 4 hours and then told to leave.

There's a rumor that were was a small fire somewhere on the attraction.

Tiana is closed rest of today...
Small fire? Like at Tiki Birds Under New Management? Next thing you know they reverted to the original attraction. Okay, that won't happen here. Hopefully an excuse to delay opening and add more AAs and storytelling elements. We can dream, can't we?

doctornick

With who this is my question. I am a WDW guest mainly. I only visited DLR for the first time this year. For the several years leading up to my trip, I’ve seen nothing but positive things in Disney spaces and other non-Disney specific faces about it. The consensus I’ve seen is that it’s an improvement on the ride system of ToT and makes it more exciting with a more intense and fun drop sequence, even if the IP isn’t everyone’s favorite. The only contentious point I’ve seen after it opened and people experienced it was its outside appearance.

I think your description is pretty spot on. Now that there's a proper Marvel land around the attraction, most people are pretty happy with it. There's always going to be some people unhappy with such changes (especially in this case if they don't like Marvel or the GotG in particular) but it's nothing like the changes to Imagination for example.

I will say the other critique I have heard about the ride was the self-referential aspect (Rocket saying something like "hey is that Disneyland?") kind of breaking that 4th wall.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wasn’t looking for a debate, was just asking a question since you seemed so sure of it’s controversy despite that going against literally everything DL locals have ever told me about it. Was interested in being pointed to the thoughts of the opposite if it’s out there since the DL forum and servers I’ve joined spoke so highly of it.
It was very heavily criticized when it was announced and built by the fandom.

I’m sure some very much like it…I’m sure others do not.

As far as the local fandom goes…I’ll take your word for it. I’m a wdw longtime (on many levels)…I enjoy Disneyland a lot in my limited experience.

The two fandoms are not the same - however. Not really at all. So my impressions of the reactions…which was ten years ago now…are probably lost in translation a bit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom