News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

James Alucobond

Isn’t the basic fact that some rides are more popular than others proof that the general public is capable of discerning ride quality?
Yes, but online opinions of Disney attractions very frequently do not match popularity in practice. Several community darlings are absolute ghost towns, while many attractions you would assume were universally reviled based on forum chatter have hours-long waits.

Sir_Cliff

Sure you are...

Boardwalk is easily rentable via any broker and in high demand. You can also resell it for likely more than you bought it for if you want.

PS: This is not a "don't go" post, but more a don't pretend like you are being forced into it. It's a shtick all the DVC addicts don't want to own up to. Everyone clearly still likes the product - especially if you continue to own their timeshare.
Yes, it often strikes me that some of the most relentlessly negative posters on here who often scold other posters for rewarding Disney by expressing more positive opinions seem to casually mention being at WDW an awful lot.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I doubt they are because their reasons for why they wanted Splash to go were not really dependent upon whatever replaced it.

The fact of the matter is Splash Mountain made a lot of people uncomfortable and has for years, but until that conversation gained traction, they weren't comfortable talking about it for fear of the exact kind of response it ended up getting. I'm much happier knowing that something that actively made people feel uncomfortable is gone from Disney. There's no place for something like that in the parks.
While Splash Mountain certainly had its detractors, the issues regarding the Song of the South theme weren't as discussed up until like a few years ago. I remember around 2019 there were surveys at WDW going around asking if certain rides (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Enchanted Tiki Room) were insensitive and nothing really came out of that until a few months later. Splash has always been a favorite in the parks, all the times I've went I saw people of all colors smiling and laughing on it, it just has that whimsical charm people liked, even if the SotS theming was an issue.
I hope they continue to fix some other attractions in their portfolio that inspire those same feelings. Som don't even require rethemes or redoes, just removing certain elements such as that alarmingly racist Chinese puppet from the Pinocchio ride at Disneyland.
When I went on Pinocchio's Daring Journey, I was completely jumpscared by that and felt like they should probably address it sooner rather than later.

Trauma

Yes, but online opinions of Disney attractions very frequently do not match popularity in practice. Several community darlings are absolute ghost towns, while many attractions you would assume were universally reviled based on forum chatter have hours-long waits.
But this is beyond forum chatter. It’s highly negative on every platform. This isn’t just some small group of Splash diehards on a Disney Forum.

This is widespread.

Midwest Elitist

So the glazers are out in full force now.

Those against it and in the middle:
"Here's a massive list of things why it's bad."

Glazers:
"Lol the general public will ride it."

Like, are y'all actually paid?

The negative comments and dislike bar are still growing. That's not only the "Save Splashers," or what ever excuse you want to make. A legitimate piece of Disney culture is gone, and replaced by a sham that poorly utilizes it's source material. People are upset.

TheRealSkull

Who are you talking about?

“Proving audiences wrong”?
I used Mission Breakout as an example for instance. Had a ton of negative feedback for multiple reasons such as thematic inconsistency and losing a classic. Sound familiar?

Mission Breakout turned out to be a success in the long run. Proved many die hard Disney Parks audiences wrong. They turned a classic into something that could be just as beloved. At least we kept the original Tower of Terror in Florida.

The only difference now is that Tiana's Bayou Adventure appears to be potentially one of the biggest fails ever in WDI history. There is no upgrade.

Who could have foreseen this? Modern Imagineering messing up a certified classic. (and yes that was meant to be sarcasm)

UNCgolf

It is widespread amongst some proportion of people who watch online videos of Disney attractions. Which is to say, not widespread at all.

Yeah -- the WDW POV video only has 373k views. That's obviously not nothing, but it's a tiny percentage of the Magic Kingdom's yearly attendance.

While I personally think Tiana is very much a disappointment (especially when judged against Splash), this is really not a thing amongst the general public/average Disney guest, at least not yet.

Last edited:

CampbellzSoup

Do you think Disney social media is going to try to paint everyone as a racist for not liking it similar as they do when criticizing Star Wars or any other Disney produced product that is lackluster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom