News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

lightningtap347

I'm still here but I have been avoiding this thread at all costs since the first footage dropped. I haven't seen a single post on here in days, and for the sake of my own mental health, I'm glad I haven't. I'm going on it for the first time tomorrow at 10:30 AM and will be posting my first reactions on Twitter. I've avoided most spoilers and am grateful I'm able to experience it for the first time with my own eyes, and not through a POV with a camera that doesn't move.
Thank you for all your amazing documentation and I'm glad you haven't been spoiled. Don't let this ruin your fun!

Surferboy567

I'm still here but I have been avoiding this thread at all costs since the first footage dropped. I haven't seen a single post on here in days, and for the sake of my own mental health, I'm glad I haven't. I'm going on it for the first time tomorrow at 10:30 AM and will be posting my first reactions on Twitter. I've avoided most spoilers and am grateful I'm able to experience it for the first time with my own eyes, and not through a POV with a camera that doesn't move.
Happy to see you back! Interested to see how an in person reaction is compared to my video reaction. Your documentation has been extremely valuable to the community.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you for all your amazing documentation and I'm glad you haven't been spoiled. Don't let this ruin your fun!
The last 24 hours have been rough for me to say the least, yet at the same time, I haven't seen the large majority of what this attraction is. I refuse to judge something until I experience it in person and thankfully will see what this thing is all about tomorrow.

MaximumEd

Just watched the POV and, yeah, it’s pretty terrible. The finale scene seems nice, but the rest is not good at all. We are looking for musicians, but during the shrinking scene we seem to be the musicians? That’s the whole premise? Wow. And a food co-op that also seems to have nothing to do with the ride. Good job, WDI.

lightningtap347

Let what ruin it?

Negative response across the spectrum?
Yeah - the amount of time he's spent documenting this change has positively impacted people who enjoy that greatly. I'd imagine a response like this stings when you've invested so much time into something solely out of interest in passion.

I feel the same way about the talented imagineers who created these amazing animatronics. It's not their fault they worked on an absolute egg.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah - the amount of time he's spent documenting this change has positively impacted people who enjoy that greatly. I'd imagine a response like this stings when you've invested so much time into something solely out of interest in passion.

I feel the same way about the talented imagineers who created these amazing animatronics. It's not their fault they worked on an absolute egg.
Fair enough

…but you know…he’s
Vlogging…not landing on Omaha beach in a Higgins boat

lightningtap347

Fair enough

…but you know…he’s
Vlogging…not landing on Omaha beach in a Higgins boat
And we all have the privilege to post on a Disney World fan board instead of partaking in other real world events right now. It's not that serious, but I don't feel my message portrayed that much hyperbole. Just a condensed "yeah this sucks, but still enjoy what you can"

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I'd imagine a response like this stings when you've invested so much time into something solely out of interest in passion.
Im Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Trauma

Yeah I feel bad for Drew also. He seems like a good guy. I know what it feels like to be hyped up for something just to realize it’s not what you hoped.

It’s also possible Drew will like the attraction, not everyone has a high bar for this. If you are just expecting a pointless ride with no story, but some good animatronics and a big drop, it might be enjoyable.

MaximumEd

Yeah I feel bad for Drew also. He seems like a good guy. I know what it feels like to be hyped up for something just to realize it’s not what you hoped.

It’s also possible Drew will like the attraction, not everyone has a high bar for this. If you are just expecting a pointless ride with no story, but some good animatronics and a big drop, it might be enjoyable.
“If you like things that suck, you’ll love this!” Lol. Not making fun of @Trauma, but that seriously made me laugh.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes

I have extremely high expectations for this attraction and if I don't like it, I'm going to say that. I expect to love it, but I also haven't seen what everyone else has. I'll find out in less than 24 hours.

Brer Oswald

There's a difference from arguing in good faith and arguing in bad faith. Unfortunately on general social media, everyone got lumped in together.

It's been fairly easy to tell here though who has been arguing on each side of the coin, and those arguing in good faith have been met with good discourse by most on this forum. There's been a lot of good discourse in these threads, as well as noise from bad faith arguments, but on the whole I think it's been majority good discussion.
I've been accused of arguing in bad faith for years, even though the majority of my points (inconsistent target audience, bland story, dead space, limited figures, lack of overall identity, and the genius design intent of the original being thrown out) came to pass. I'm glad that people are finally seeing what I've been saying, but it's annoying that even after this, I see tons of people accusing all of the Splash fans of being invalid.

Trauma

I have extremely high expectations for this attraction and if I don't like it, I'm going to say that. I expect to love it, but I also haven't seen what everyone else has. I'll find out in less than 24 hours.
I just hope you get a complete ride thru. One thing I can tell you for sure without spoilers is the ride is breaking down a lot according to reports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom