News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

aladdin2007

Disney is all about mediocrity now and its what they want, which is happening across the country unfortunately which really goes into a whole other different topic for another thread... However, for many this is going to be the last straw. I cant help but think something will come from this sooner rather than later...This is one they can't ignore. They had to deliver on this and they didn't. Was it going to be as great as Splash? No, most of us knew this. But it should have been better than the empty barren/story/music mess they just debuted.

and obviously the budget went to the figures and the finale,,,while the rest was left empty except for glowing trees as filler. That's bad imagineering and allocation of funds that should have been made sure it was used properly across the project. Id say more funds went to the queue once again, more than necessary. Turning the entire indoor scenes dark so you dont have to populate it with anything other than a couple figures and clusters of (enormous, I don't get it, except for looking like its filling space) figures is an epic fail. That doesn't even include the story muck, music issues, lack of charm and gags and everything else that is missing. It would have killed them to reuse the hanging possums or singing gators? something? the thing is all humans now which is so boring except for a giant louis and a few huge strumming animals. Won't even start on Naveen not being present....we have all already said it.

Last edited:

dreamfinding

Are you insinuating the bears ate everyone else? Lol

I’m surprised they didn’t even keep the possums hanging from the ceiling in certain parts considering there’s a possum playing in the band at the end. There could have been so much more going on.
Do we know what happened to the gophers in the ceiling?

Louisiana bears are mostly vegetarians (Google terms them Opportunistic Omnivores).

space42

Disney is all about mediocrity now and its what they want, which is happening across the country unfortunately which really goes into a whole other different topic for another thread... However, for many this is going to be the last straw. I cant help but think something will come from this sooner rather than later...This is one they can't ignore. They had to deliver on this and they didn't. Was it going to be as great as Splash? No, most of us knew this. But it should have been better than the empty barren/story/music mess they just debuted.
Journey into imagination, 20,000 Leagues , World of Motion, Alien Encounter, Mr. Toad, Snow White, etc all say this has been happening for over 20+ years.
This is far from new and they rarely react to their failures (as perceived by us fans).

aladdin2007

Journey into imagination, 20,000 Leagues , World of Motion, Alien Encounter, Mr. Toad, Snow White, etc all say this has been happening for over 20+ years.
This is far from new and they rarely react to their failures (as perceived by us fans).
I understand that and that is true, but this was their crown jewel of Magic Kingdom attractions next to Haunted Mansion. I just can't help but think if this type of reaction continues....something somehow will come from it whether it be tweaks or something. If I were in charge I would say nope this is not opening, go back in and retool. but that's fantasy in ones head of course lol. They eradicated everything that made for something spectacular and turned it into drivel swamp muck. Sure some of it is pretty...but its sad if thats all the best now were allowed to have. Its Navi just longer with a few drops and more figures.

Last edited:

space42

I understand that, but this was their crown jewel of Magic Kingdom attractions next to Haunted Mansion. I just can't help but think if this type of reaction continues....something somehow will come from it whether it be tweaks or something.
As someone with a Splash Mountain poster in their entryway, I get it.
The attractions mentioned were among my favorites before Splash was even built.

Thinking Tiki Room was the only time one of these makeovers has been reversed
.. and that was arguably due to the fire.

All we can do is vote with our wallets .

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
As someone with a Splash Mountain poster in their entryway, I get it.
The attractions mentioned were among my favorites before Splash was even built.

Thinking Tiki Room was the only time one of these makeovers has been reversed
.. and that was arguably due to the fire.

All we can do is vote with our wallets .
And a torch....

For legal reasons I must point out this a joke.

lightningtap347

I truly don't understand. You could take literally anyone walking around the park and ask them what they would want to see with PATF in Splash, and I would bet with 90% certainty the response would be better than what they created. Legitimately the bones of this ride are a slam dunk for using the other side/any antagonist/any mildly thought out story yet the Imagineers continue to hit us with the "um ackshually we know more than you about story" before dropping another massive turd on everyone. The longer I think about this, the more annoyed I get.
1717353242162.jpeg

Nobody would care if this was a dumbo spinner. People care because they've again replaced an iconic attraction with yet another "meh/fine" attraction. Another self inflicted, unforced error.

It'll still have lines in the summer, so I guess that's all that matters.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I’m very curious to hear @Drew the Disney Dude reaction to this.
I'm still here but I have been avoiding this thread at all costs since the first footage dropped. I haven't seen a single post on here in days, and for the sake of my own mental health, I'm glad I haven't. I'm going on it for the first time tomorrow at 10:30 AM and will be posting my first reactions on Twitter. I've avoided most spoilers and am grateful I'm able to experience it for the first time with my own eyes, and not through a POV with a camera that doesn't move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom