News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Ice Gator

I don't even understand this. The basic structural ride was already operating for 30 years. Why is it suddenly not functional?
What concerns me is the amount of A1000s and what their reliability is gonna look like being in such a damp/humid environment with the water surrounding them. One bad day with Louis and Tiana down will take out an entire scene. Imagine if two or more of the figures in the finale are down? It’s not like the predecessor where they still have that limited motion or other things in the scene to distract you.

Tiana with broken AAs is going to lead to one very, very awkward experience. (Referring mainly to the main characters- the Life Formations critters hardly move so I doubt they’ll have any issue with those)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s not the point, you said that wouldn’t boo an exec. They did, if they bought out a giant arena for this year’s D23 and they don’t deliver it is absolutely in the realm of possibility.
Well I didn’t say that…and I agree they’d boo

But it’s still unlikely

They should

They’re gonna cheer an overlay on a land in DAK they’ve allowed to rot intentionally for 20 years?

That’s the bar?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, yes that is fair criticism. I for one though am happy they have finally decided to do something with it. Relatively excited with what they have planned.
Needs to be an actual add too…that’s the problem.

Repurposed and another lame trackless/omnimover dark ride does nothing for capacity, draw or longterm GS.

But you’re dealing with people who had a long string of good luck and convinced themselves it’s intelligence

Midwest Elitist

And more importantly, a Youtube extension trying to replicate the the old like-dislike feature isn't accurate no matter how much you want it to be.
Even though on the older videos the extension showed the reception was positive?

How about that comment section? 😅

Y'all don't have to pretend this isn't a turd when it's glaringly obvious 🙄

Sir_Cliff

The more I think about it, the more puzzled I am about all the backstory that was shared before the ride opened and how little it was implemented.

For example, what is the point of the biographies for all the different characters listing their individual personalities? In the ride, they have no dialogue and don't do anything other than play their instruments. So, what purpose does it serve for Pawpaw the Bobcat to have "seen it all but isn't jaded" or that Claude the Louisiana Black Bear "is frequently funny without intending to be" if none of that is reflected in the ride?

You would think we would see them doing something that reflected those personalities if it was so important for us or the Imagineers to know them.

Animaniac93-98

The more I think about it, the more puzzled I am about all the backstory that was shared before the ride opened and how little it was implemented.

For example, what is the point of the biographies for all the different characters listing their individual personalities? In the ride, they have no dialogue and don't do anything other than play their instruments. So, what purpose does it serve for Pawpaw the Bobcat to have "seen it all but isn't jaded" or that Claude the Louisiana Black Bear "is frequently funny without intending to be" if none of that is reflected in the ride?

I think they were trying to endear fans to these new characters who aren't from the movie and prove that they can still create original park characters like Figment.

It didn't work, but they tried.

Incomudro

They had a chance to add Dr. Facilier to be the antagonist of the story....but Disney couldn't even get THAT simple thing right! They have fan-loved GOLD...and they don't use it!!

But noooo....it seems Dr. Facilier now promotes "negative" black stereotypes in 2024??? What the,...?? It's really a shame that Disney has to CANCEL and sacrifice it's OWN great characters on the altar of Diversity Inclusion and Equity. This company is like the proverbial snake that is eating and swallowing it's own tail.

This whole company has gone soooo far off the rails today. Disney cannot stop punching itself in the face and banging it's head into a brick wall....they are addicted to it.
Self Flagellation.
They believe they deserve it.
But there is no route to purity with this ritual.

Tha Realest

So what is the minimum required time to be on these forums to be able to post one’s thoughts and opinions?
Anyone can post their opinions. But when someone talks about years of discourse rousing them to anger, and they’ve only been a member for a few months (a relatively inactive one), it raises questions as to how authentic they are in what they say.

Surferboy567

So what is the minimum required time to be on these forums to be able to post one’s thoughts and opinions?
It’s funny, I was lurking these forums for years with no intention of posting at all and just reading people’s opinion. I’m not exactly a modest fan of Disney either it’s a huge part of my life.

I’ll never forget it, it was the Mary Poppins attraction announcement at D23 to get me to sign up for an account.

Trauma

A good chunk of the ride control system was replaced during this. Remember seeing pictures of rockwork opened up at random spots? Sensors and and other things were in there.

And more importantly, a Youtube extension trying to replicate the the old like-dislike feature isn't accurate no matter how much you want it to be.

The comments on every single video of this attraction are 10-1 negative.

The ride sucks.

It’s not some inaccurate dislike feature.

If 10% of the fan base loving the new ride is good news then I guess the ride is a resounding success.

Last edited by a moderator:

trainplane3

Even though on the older videos the extension showed the reception was positive?

How about that comment section? 😅

Y'all don't have to pretend this isn't a turd when it's glaringly obvious 🙄
I'm not pretending but the extension isn't accurate. Is it mostly negative, probably. But people are putting to much trust into it. Most users don't even know the extension exists. The comments can be as negative as they want, all that matters in the end are GSATs.

I wasn't a huge SM fan because I don't care for water rides. I probably won't ride Tiana for years because I just don't care to ride it, regardless of the theme

Tha Realest

I don't even understand this. The basic structural ride was already operating for 30 years. Why is it suddenly not functional?
It was a steady and reliable ride. TP data from 2019 had the ride with approx 6% downtime:

Ice Gator

You would think we would see them doing something that reflected those personalities if it was so important for us or the Imagineers to know them.
The individual "personalities" for the animals do not play into the ride at all. They don't even talk, sing, or have any audio dialogue.

I also find it weird how they used to hint at some Splash critters being recycled. I can get past that, but what's weirder is that there are no bird characters at all in the ride. Spoonbills, cranes, turtles, other gators... bayou animals that you'd expect to see in the ride (that were in the movie) are nowhere to be found.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom