News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Everyone who shows up is the special spice, as per PJ Morton's song.
Br'er Rabbit, Fox, and Bear pull up and get hissed at like this
1717087302455.png

They are NOT the special spice!

mickEblu

Now that what we saw yesterday has settled... I'm not loving that we don't see Tiana in her signature green gown. Ive been saying this since we first saw the AA but she feels more like Tianas older sister or cousin or something. My theory is they wanted Tiana to look more like an average woman. The same way they do with dolls and barbies now. That's what drove this. Not that the sToRy tAkes plaCe aFter the mOviE. Other than that the finale feels full-ish but I'm not seeing a whole bunch of critter AA's. Is it just Louis, the beaver and a couple other ones? Trading a bunch of charming anthropomorphic critters singing a huge chorus on a rocking steamboat for a bunch of Humans was always going to be a downgrade. As predicted the finale is the biggest let down and that's not even getting into the song that replaced Zip. I think Tony could have helped a lot. It's a shame the "old dinosaur" probably wasn't wanted by this team.

Ismael Flores

I mean it’s fine. I’m not saying it’s a bad ride. I guess I just don’t buy into the rides that have too many screens. Same reason why Rat at Epcot isn’t near the top of any lists for me.
Some of these rides that are heavily designed with projections also do not click for me. I was excited to ride rat when i went to Paris but if it wasn’t for all the large sets i would have not enjoyed the ride much.
I have not ridden runaway but to me it seems like such a large show room with huge open spaces. Seems like instead of being part of the story like the old dark rides, we are just basically observing someone else experience. The trackless system is wasted and not being used to it’s potential. They can easily have characters and sets also interact within the large open space but instead they set up a set in the middle or all along the walls as out vehicles just dance around.

aladdin2007

Now that what we saw yesterday has settled... I'm not loving that we don't see Tiana in her signature green gown. Ive been saying this since we first saw the AA but she feels more like Tianas older sister or cousin or something. My theory is they wanted Tiana to look more like an average woman. The same way they do with dolls and barbies now. That's what drove this. Not that the sToRy tAkes plaCe aFter the mOviE. Other than that the finale feels full-ish but I'm not seeing a whole bunch of critter AA's. Is it just Louis, the beaver and a couple other ones? Trading a bunch of charming anthropomorphic critters singing a huge chorus on a rocking steamboat for a bunch of Humans was always going to be a downgrade. As predicted the finale is the biggest let down and that's not even getting into the song that replaced Zip. I think Tony could have helped a lot. It's a shame the "old dinosaur" probably wasn't wanted by this team.
Def agree with that.....and they could have at least brought Naveen to the forefront and not hidden off to the side..he is barely noticeable and if that is all there is of him, its a big mistake.

James Alucobond

My theory is they wanted Tiana to look more like an average woman. The same way they do with dolls and barbies now. That's what drove this. Not that the sToRy tAkes plaCe aFter the mOviE.
The difference is likely just a function of translating her into the now more ubiquitous Tangled/Frozen/Moana/Encanto/whatever style, which I think they’ve found translates well into animatronics. Belle in Tokyo sometimes looks like her model is leaning that way as well.

mickEblu

The difference is likely just a function of translating her into the now more ubiquitous Tangled/Frozen/Moana/Encanto/whatever style, which I think they’ve found translates well into animatronics. Belle in Tokyo sometimes looks like her model is leaning that way as well.

Yeah I noticed she does look a lot like Belle but there was no work around on the face at least? The Tiana AA looks much less like herself than those other princesses. The new hair style and outfit changes don’t help I’m sure.

James Alucobond

Yeah I noticed she does look a lot like Belle but there was no work around on the face at least? Tiana AA looks much less like herself than those other princesses. The sheet hair cut and outfit changes don’t help I’m sure.
I mean that the CGI princesses and princess-likes tend toward rounder faces, which seems to have carried over to almost all of the 3D models for formerly 2D characters, whether that’s an accurate representation of their original face shape or not. It’s a bit less noticeable on Belle because her face was always a bit rounder than Tiana’s to begin with.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Tiana’s a business woman now haven’t you heard? No time for that princess glamorous lifestyle when she’s in the kitchen using all that spice or something

Ismael Flores

Ok i was really giving this a chance but the more i see the more it disappoints.

The change of the original art from having the boat in top to having an oddly shape dome. It is as if someone was decorating a cake and had no idea what to do to the melting icing on top and some person walks in and says just cover it in fake flowers.

-The awkward lift hill that looks like stage sets, those buildings have no depth. Reminds me of the terrible design element for jurrasic world. You enter room and are made to believe their is a huge aquarium but the. Exit and see no depth to building. Something they could have fixed with large landscaped but no one cared during design.
-The same goes here, are we suppose to believe someone carved the rockwork and built these structures into the salt dome.

-The excessive use of banners and cheap signs. If they need to add banners and signs to tell us what the scene is about then it just shows how bad the story is. They should have just stayed partly true to the movie but i am sure they were afraid that if they had her Tiana show up as a frog they would get backlash. All they really needed to do was change it up a little but not come up with this ridiculous food company story.

-The final scene also seems off, does the house facade look awkward? It also seems like a flat set piece as soon as you see it. Looks like they didn’t try to add depth to it. The edges of the facade just stop abruptly. I also hope that the lighting is much better than what is scene on the video. Just because you can use every spectrum of light doesn’t mean you should. The lighting looks awful

Epcot82Guy

I'm genuinely glad that people are excited for this. And, it does look to have gotten a proper budget. The more I'm seeing, the more it just feels a little meh and flat for me. (Coming from a PatF fan, BTW.) But, the log has sailed. I do fear for effects maintenance given modern Disney trends, but time will tell for that. No rush for me to go see it, so glad to give those of you who will respond this way your proverbial "shorter line".

I'm just not the audience for modern Disney Parks, and that's getting clearer by each add.

mickEblu

I mean that the CGI princesses and princess-likes tend toward rounder faces, which seems to have carried over to almost all of the 3D models for formerly 2D characters, whether that’s an accurate representation of their original face shape or not. It’s a bit less noticeable on Belle because her face was always a bit rounder than Tiana’s to begin with.

Good points. I just think in this case the inherent issue with creating a 3D model to a 2D character + the outfit change and new hair style = too much of a departure.

When you factor in some of the other goals of this project and this team it’s easy to see why I would come to the conclusion that “body image” might have something to do with it but it could just be me reading too much into it. The non girly, feminist friendly adventure outfit makes sense I guess considering the setting. But then they double down and not have her in the signature gown and look in the finale. Perhaps just a creative misstep. Prioritizing story and “what makes sense” to what guests want kind of like Galaxies Edge.

Or maybe they were so focused on making her a “girl boss”that they forgot about the “Princess” from the movie.

aladdin2007

Ok i was really giving this a chance but the more i see the more it disappoints.

The change of the original art from having the boat in top to having an oddly shape dome. It is as if someone was decorating a cake and had no idea what to do to the melting icing on top and some person walks in and says just cover it in fake flowers.

-The awkward lift hill that looks like stage sets, those buildings have no depth. Reminds me of the terrible design element for jurrasic world. You enter room and are made to believe their is a huge aquarium but the. Exit and see no depth to building. Something they could have fixed with large landscaped but no one cared during design.
-The same goes here, are we suppose to believe someone carved the rockwork and built these structures into the salt dome.

-The excessive use of banners and cheap signs. If they need to add banners and signs to tell us what the scene is about then it just shows how bad the story is. They should have just stayed partly true to the movie but i am sure they were afraid that if they had her Tiana show up as a frog they would get backlash. All they really needed to do was change it up a little but not come up with this ridiculous food company story.

-The final scene also seems off, does the house facade look awkward? It also seems like a flat set piece as soon as you see it. Looks like they didn’t try to add depth to it. The edges of the facade just stop abruptly. I also hope that the lighting is much better than what is scene on the video. Just because you can use every spectrum of light doesn’t mean you should. The lighting looks awful
very valid point there in bolded.

ToTBellHop

1717088678729.png

Wed, May 29, 2024

New Cast Member Costumes Goin' Down the Bayou!​

by Jason Recher, Vice President Content & Digital Integration

Greetings from N'awlins! These may LOOK like the old costumes but they are, in fact, brand new and made of recycled rabbit and bear fur. Here at Walt Disney World Resort, we have an Environmentality that begins with our carbon-neutral paths that allow millionaire families to walk to some of our Theme Parks from our most beautifulest Resort Hotels and continues with our non-climate-controlled SkyOven. We thought it made perfect sense to extend this dedication to saving money (remove this, please) the environment by recycling some of our beloved Audio-Animatronics figures from a previous attraction we hope you'll forget.

1717089122227.png

As we near the opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure on June 28 at Magic Kingdom, we hope you'll stay tuned for future articles sharing how our Environmentality led us to keeping all of the fake trees already present in this attraction. Want to hear more about what’s being dreamed up, designed and created? Follow the Imagineers every step of the way on YouTube and Instagram, Disney Live Entertainment on Instagram and stay tuned for more behind-the-scenes stories on the Disney Parks Blog. You never know where the next exciting bright idea might pop up!
Likes (34,438,753)
0 Comments
Topics: Tiana

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom