News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

View attachment 788354

This reminds me when you hold down Shift in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and place signage or wall panels as scenary.

It's laughably bad. Some of the things that got approved on this project are just big time head scratchers. I cant make sense of someone having the talent to be hired at WDI, come up with this idea and then for it to go up the chain, be executed this poorly and ultimately approved. Which begs the question, maybe some of these people don't have the talent to be working at WDI? Or are afraid to say "No" or "I don't like that?" Again, I go back to this project having poor creative leaders with the wrong priorities. That must be it.

Last edited:

MK-fan

I think it's something like this. There's a projector that's angled on the "flat" part of the drop that makes it look like you're inside the projected tunnel. Then when you exit that short flat section and drop further, you disappear from the mist.
View attachment 788337
View attachment 788342
Maybe this is similar to the effect from Disneyland’s Space Mountain before the 2005 remodel, they had an effect that’s very reminiscent of this on the lift hill.

Mr. Sullivan

Setting aside the finale, what in the new ride video is the equal of Splash, let alone an upgrade? How is the Laughing Place not embarrassing?
Why must people justify what they enjoy? Why not simply let them enjoy it while they let you not enjoy it instead of making them comb through their reasons in hopes they decide to join you in not liking it?

Vclguy90

Right. It’s Placebreaking instead of Placemaking. I just coined that. It does the opposite of what it’s intended to do.
It looks like it belongs in a temporary Splash overlay to promote The Princess and the Frog that lasts for a few months and never returns, then ends up on Yesterland as a segment - not even a full vid or article devoted to it, just a segment. Tf is this?

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

All right. Got done with a few things and got caught up on the tsunami of comments.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Naveen got cut from the adventure and will only be joining us in the finale, which is really sad. If he's in the scene in the boat, it wouldn't make sense for him to be missing from the rest of the bayou adventure. Seeing as how it's only Tiana and Louis in many of the scenes together, I'd imagine they opted to cut multiple Naveen appearances. One of the big points of the movie is that they're better together than they are apart, so I hope he has a bigger role in the ride.

The one instance of Naveen in the adventure we've seen is him falling into the muck. Perhaps it's pretty immediately found that he's ill-suited for this adventure and he goes back to make preparations and change into a dry set of clothes.

Stare and flail, stare and flail…

Just like old times!

1717047109775.png

The end of this clip gives a glimpse of the blacklight sets between the drops coming up....I watched and rewatched that part and just not seeing any until after....so what are you seeing exactly?

The picture I posted was the last frame of that clip. We get a glimpse of what's at the bottom of the drop.

1717047231138.png

That looks like the color palette of the portion of the ride after the drop from the bright forest.

Someone please tell me that’s not the new theme song of this ride

It was kinda happening in the background and it wasn't until he said "That's my song!" and we listened that I realized it was the new song... and I was sorely disappointed... but I found the old-timeyness of it supremely charming and it is indeed catchy.

An illegal, Prohibition Era moonshine deal…

I'd just forgotten how much I started yearning for a future storyline where Tiana and Naveen were running rum. Now you reminded me. I'm sad again that that isn't happening.

Although I'm more disappointed that I can't find that post. It must have gotten swept up in a purge.

But why is this even there, in the scope of the story?

It's there because we're entering a farm where ingredients are grown for the company and this is the entrance gate.

It's laughably bad. Some of the things that got approved on this project are just big time head scratchers. I cant make sense of someone having the talent to be hired at WDI, come up with this idea and then for it to go up the chain, be executed this poorly and ultimately approved. Which begs the question, maybe some of these people don't have the talent to be working at WDI? Or are afraid to say "No" or "I don't like that?" Again, I go back to this project having poor creative leaders with the wrong priorities. That must be it.

I am flabbergasted by this mini-uproar in the last few posts. The signage on the barn has been viciously lambasted for being too modernistic and ill-fitting. This sign's design is everything we wanted for the barn. Font, colors, even the flat but more detailed flower. It's everything we wanted. It would be incredible to see this style in the queue.

Homemade Imagineering

Some initial thoughts. I am happy to see the scenes revealed reflect that same sense of whimsy and vibrance splash had with it’s sets, albeit less cartoony/stylized for better or for worse. That seems to be a matter of preference but either way I love both the sets here and in Splash equally as much. The AAs are incredible as I’d expected, and the placemaking looks to have been done well with all of the figures involved. Each scene seems densely populated, and my only gripe with them is the lack of motion in those animated figures. Otherwise I love their designs and the textures used for their skins. Far better than little mermaid as many have expressed here. Special Spice is catchy and seems reminiscent of many past theme park attraction themes, including Monster Mansion’s which it quite closely resembles. Despite this I have to say I prefer Zip, but I wasn’t expecting anything to top it as iconic as it was to the attraction and disney brand as a whole. The screens seem well layered in, and I’m a little underwhelmed by the laughin’ place scene but to me the MK laughin’ place was always a little bit barren especially compared to DL’s version. Overall everything I’ve seen from this is very solid, and to me is entirely a lateral move away from Splash. I am hoping in the end I’ll love both equally as much.

PK2

I actually got almost 100% vibe of the "Swinter" song from Phineas & Ferb from it. How much of that is both of them just wearing genre tropes on their sleeve, I don't know. But I bet you I'll come out of this thing with "it's a swinter swonderland, unusual and grand" stuck in my head the first few times 😅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom