News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

aladdin2007

It’s great. It’s one of the few recent animated films that creates a sense of time and place the way they did with their older fairy tales. And they managed to do it with a much more modern setting.

I saw this piece of art at Off the Page at DCA yesterday and my first thought was “man, I wish the ride they were building evoked the same feelings this art does.” IMO from everything I’ve seen and read it does not. It just feels like Princess and the Frog got the modern DEI checkbox treatment.

View attachment 787540
this

James Alucobond

Not necessarily - Pandora, Cars Land,
and Galaxies Edge are all very different and each reflect the positives and negatives of the lead designers.
Right, but the assertion that Tokyo will automatically have better scenes because Tokyo always has more skill behind it is false. The same pools of people design attractions for Disney parks everywhere, some certainly more or less talented, as you say. But the differentiator is more OLC's commitment to doing things right and spending what that takes, not that they have exclusive access to special Imagineers.

TalkToEthan

Right, but the assertion that Tokyo will automatically have better scenes because Tokyo always has more skill behind it is false.

In 2001 Disney opened a park in California, in asinine fashion, with a California theme creating mass ridicule and embarrassment. Months later in fall of 2001 Tokyo(OLC) opened Disney Sea to raving reviews.

What would account for this staggering difference in quality? Did imagineers have a lot of influence in the direction of each park or overall themes?

In the Parks
No
Another day of being confused why certain people are still allowed on this forum after weeks of trolling. Does this website even have a ban feature for moderators? Why does this site allow this behavior time and time again? Purging the same conversations over and over again does nothing, get these people out of here
I sure hope you’re not talking about me. I just made a joke and everyone’s flying off the handle.

Incomudro

I have a confession to make. Up until last night, I had not seen the Princess and the Frog in full. Let me say, it is a fantastic film! I loved the messages and the art style was beautiful. The music was good. Overall, a great experience. I look forward to seeing how they incorporate the beautiful art style from the film into the show scenes!
I had never seen the film either.
When this retheme was official, I decided to watch it for homework.
I figured I shouldn't judge the validity or lock thereof for using that movie for this ride if I didn't watch the movie.
I was happily surprised how enjoyable the film was, and how great it and the songs could work for this ride.
It gave me a lot of hope.

UNCgolf

In 2001 Disney opened a park in California, in asinine fashion, with a California theme creating mass ridicule and embarrassment. Months later in fall of 2001 Tokyo(OLC) opened Disney Sea to raving reviews.

What would account for this staggering difference in quality? Did imagineers have a lot of influence in the direction of each park or overall themes?

OLC spent 4-5x as much money on DisneySea as Disney spent on California Adventure. That's why.

California Adventure cost $600 million. DisneySea cost 335 billion yen, which in 2000-2001 would be the equivalent of roughly $2.8 billion.

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I’m super surprised we haven’t really gotten a clear view of any of the show scenes yet.

I’m sure with as impressive AA’s as this seems to have they will be great, just thought they’d show them off.
They were filming the other night, and I would not be shocked to see a POV drop within a week before previews so the official footage is first. I'm trying to get more confirmation on this, and if I'm able to share it, I will. I'd take this as an unofficial spoiler warning, just in case.

ToTBellHop

Another day of being confused why certain people are still allowed on this forum after weeks of trolling. Does this website even have a ban feature for moderators? Why does this site allow this behavior time and time again? Purging the same conversations over and over again does nothing, get these people out of here
I was banned temporarily from the DAS thread so, yes, they do.

JD80

Just click ignore and move on.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Was discussing this with friends outside of here but I figured it would be appropriate. Here's how long the conversion from Splash to Bayou took compared to other rethemes/replacements
Screenshot_20240522_171714_Samsung Notes.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom