20240523_181229.jpg
20240523_181236.jpg
20240523_181255.jpg
20240523_181336.jpg
20240523_182349.jpg
20240523_183217.jpg
20240523_183326.jpg
20240523_183724.jpg

Here’s one of my final updates, as weird as that feels for me to be typing out.

The final touches are being done in the queue, as well as the work on the speakers in the splashdown area finally being completed.

The wires for the lighting in the queue is one of my favorite details yet.

Incomudro

View attachment 787323View attachment 787325View attachment 787326View attachment 787327View attachment 787328View attachment 787329View attachment 787330View attachment 787331View attachment 787332View attachment 787333

Here’s one of my final updates, as weird as that feels for me to be typing out.

The final touches are being done in the queue, as well as the work on the speakers in the splashdown area finally being completed.

The wires for the lighting in the queue is one of my favorite details yet.
I like the detail of the and tube wiring.

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

I know this is a controversial topic overall and there's been much craziness, but I'm confused by a conversation on an official post about the upcoming ride on Memorial Day and a conversation about a look at new construction getting purged. Both seemed supremely on topic.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I know this is a controversial topic overall and there's been much craziness, but I'm confused by a conversation on an official post about the upcoming ride on Memorial Day and a conversation about a look at new construction getting purged. Both seemed supremely on topic.
First, yes there will be military references in the queue, which they announced yesterday for memorial day week, if that's what you meant
Second, what do you mean new construction getting purged?

The Mom

Premium Member
The first was taking the discussion too far off topic, and the second had backstage construction photos that someone may not have permission to post. All other construction photos have been taken from public areas.

Brer Oswald

I do think DL trends are a bit different from WDW since that large, local AP fan base surges toward new rides for a few months and then excitement declines. WDW’s larger tourist presence tends to make new rides feel new to many guests for much longer since they aren’t riding all the time. 7DMT is still treated like its new even though it’s halfway to “classic” status.
I’d imagine it helps that it’s the defacto coaster for kids at the middle of the most popular land in the most popular park.

EricsBiscuit

I have a confession to make. Up until last night, I had not seen the Princess and the Frog in full. Let me say, it is a fantastic film! I loved the messages and the art style was beautiful. The music was good. Overall, a great experience. I look forward to seeing how they incorporate the beautiful art style from the film into the show scenes!

yensidtlaw1969

I have a confession to make. Up until last night, I had not seen the Princess and the Frog in full. Let me say, it is a fantastic film! I loved the messages and the art style was beautiful. The music was good. Overall, a great experience. I look forward to seeing how they incorporate the beautiful art style from the film into the show scenes!
Have people here seen the photos from Fantasy Springs in Tokyo? The Tangled ride in particular is stunning in the way it captures the stylings of the film:

This is a photo FROM THE RIDE - when I first saw it I was sure it was a still from the movie:

GM8X_gXWEAA_kfh.jpg

I know it's different translating a hand drawn animated feature to 3D than a computer animated one like Tangled, but if the show scenes for Tiana's Bayou Adventure took any notes from Fantasy Springs then there's some really amazing potential on the table.

mickEblu

It’s great. It’s one of the few recent animated films that creates a sense of time and place the way they did with their older fairy tales. And they managed to do it with a much more modern setting.

I saw this piece of art at Off the Page at DCA yesterday and my first thought was “man, I wish the ride they were building evoked the same feelings this art does.” IMO from everything I’ve seen and read it does not. It just feels like Princess and the Frog got the modern DEI checkbox treatment.

10CF8A52-DC13-4E39-85A7-686A4C6E8E1A.jpeg

aladdin2007

Have people here seen the photos from Fantasy Springs in Tokyo? The Tangled ride in particular is stunning in the way it captures the stylings of the film:

This is a photo FROM THE RIDE - when I first saw it I was sure it was a still from the movie:

View attachment 787533

I know it's different translating a hand drawn animated feature to 3D than a computer animated one like Tangled, but if the show scenes for Tiana's Bayou Adventure took any notes from Fantasy Springs then there's some really amazing potential on the table.
I agree with you, while a short ride it was amazingly designed and well done, have watched it several times and the night ride through is even better. I just don't see them having that level and skill here. I'm still in the camp this will be a fea2.0 except for a few impressive animatronics (that and way too many queue storylines seems to be all they have to talk about and push)....but really hope to be 100% wrong.

aladdin2007

It’s great. It’s one of the few recent animated films that creates a sense of time and place the way they did with their older fairy tales. And they managed to do it with a much more modern setting.

I saw this piece of art at Off the Page at DCA yesterday and my first thought was “man, I wish the ride they were building evoked the same feelings this art does.” IMO from everything I’ve seen and read it does not. It just feels like Princess and the Frog got the modern DEI checkbox treatment.

View attachment 787540
this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom