News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

So I think the below image kind of lends itself to the rumor that we get shrunk down. I’m guessing Mama Odie shrinks us down to the size of a firefly. Which is why there will be some β€œbig” frog AAs at some point - which I believe Disney mentioned in one of their park blogs? If the fireflies actually have a prominent role on the attraction and are telling us β€œwhere the shortcut is” then it would make sense that they appear on a larger scale while we are also the size of fireflies. Otherwise they would be tiny and get lost in the scene(s). Also makes sense why we meet the Frogs last if we are following the order the critters were unveiled in the park blogs. The lift hill must be Mama Odie turning us human again. Which would be great place for them to play the β€œhuman again” song and might be how they reverse engineered this plot point in the first place. Or it could be β€œHuman Again” during the latter half of the old LP scenes and then "Dig a little Deeper" on the lift hill. Dig a Little Deeper in this context would be finding the courage to take the drop/ shortcut.

Having this plot point surrounding frogs and fireflies is not only a nice callback to the source material but also a clever way of working around the fact that Ray is dead and Tiana can’t be a frog. If any of the above is accurate the only question left is what happens while we’re shrunk down? Would the musical frogs try to eat us? That seems unlikely but not impossible. There has to be a bigger/ better reason for shrinking us down other than to showcase some large frogs. Perhaps, like I said, it really was just created as a way to have the β€œHuman Again” song on the ride. Which happens to be my favorite song on the soundtrack. Regardless, this was their way of adding some suspense/ adventure into Tiana’s Bayou ADVENTURE. Wonder what the story reason for turning small is? Maybe this is where the secret ingredient plot point comes up. Have to be small to fit somewhere to get it.

92F22E59-0FD8-460D-A4AA-0FE496F00150.jpeg

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
This is a pretty cool expansion of the background story
They should have talked about this earlier on in the project, IMO. I would've loved more details on honoring veterans over the Tiana's Foods backstory. I understand why they wanted the general backstory out early before major details could be revealed, but this is much more interesting and genuine.

ToTBellHop

They should have talked about this earlier on in the project, IMO. I would've loved more details on honoring veterans over the Tiana's Foods backstory. I understand why they wanted the general backstory out early before major details could be revealed, but this is much more interesting and genuine.
I think it’s perhaps a bit more poignant going into Memorial Day weekend, 5 weeks before the ride opens.

UNCgolf

I don't understand why it's solely branded as Mama Odie's instead of Tiana's Foods. What was the point of all the company backstory if they're not going to incorporate it into products like this?

I also don't understand why they would sell hot sauce at a confectionery, but that ship sailed already (in terms of selling other random products).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom