News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

donaldtoo

This thread lives off Drew The Disney Dude. Our savior.

47D61426-A1CC-406F-9CA1-A102D2890FE8.gif

DisneyDodo

My guess is that 7DMT will have higher demand than TRON once the VQ is removed for a variety of reasons -- the two main being that 7DMT has a lower hourly capacity (I think, not 100% sure on this) and it has a larger rider base (i.e. there are more people who interested in riding 7DMT than TRON).

TRON is much newer, though, so it's possible they leave it on ILL and hope 7DMT moving to Genie+ increases Genie+ sales.
Yes, 7DMT does have slightly lower capacity than Tron, but I think that actually works against it from an ILL perspective, since it means Disney can sell fewer ILL passes for 7DMT than it can for Tron.

I’m actually surprised Disney hasn’t moved Tron off VQ by now simply for the proposes of assessing its true ILL demand before TBA opens. That’s actually making me second-guess my assumption that MK won’t have multiple VQs and/or 3 ILLs.

donaldtoo

agree, what happened to the element of surprise in attractions,,,,we really don't need that banner in the middle of a bayou. Why do guests need to be told where they are heading! It takes the fun and story element of what may or may not be around the corner away. Imagineering is just uggg with so many things like this anymore. Quite frankly the banner and that fence mural ruin the look of the whole area, and it was starting to look pretty nice....they don't go together at all or with the surroundings. Sometimes less really is more, too many things being crammed in.

Yea, the “Disney ‘splaining” will be annoying if kept.
It’s not like the majority (;)) of us great unwashed masses are gonna’ get to the end of the attraction and go “duhhh…?! 🥴

donaldtoo

View attachment 780258View attachment 780259View attachment 780260View attachment 780262View attachment 780263View attachment 780264View attachment 780265View attachment 780266View attachment 780267View attachment 780268

And lastly, the nighttime lighting.

The lighting around the Bald Cypress trees seems final now, with a mix of blue and purple. This is undoubtedly the best it has looked after seeing them all in-person. This combo is the perfect brightness and looked gorgeous.

There are green fireflies in the trees as well that occasionally light up and are a perfect touch to the area, they really nailed the look on this section, including the water tower.

The orange on the water tower really makes it stand out, but isn't too bright. I love the combo between the blue and purple on the trees, and the orange on the water tower.

The light that was on the top tonight 100% seemed like a test. It was one big light sitting on top of Critter Co-Op aimed directly at the top and right side. I do not expect this to be the final look, especially since we saw many variations of the trees before the final look we have now.

Definitely gold, green and purple Mardi Gras colors in there…!!! :)

00A1D6D5-031E-40A6-9825-81FBC20063E5.jpeg

donaldtoo

Splash lighting is definitely spectacular, no doubt about it. I'm still holding out on Tiana until all the scaffolding is taken down and we get a finished product. But it is looking good.

I too think the TBA lighting looks very good, so far.
I wasn’t trying to start a dust up between the two, just trying to refresh folks memories regarding Splash Mountain lighting, or lack thereof due to their age…!!! ;) :)

discos

Yes, 7DMT does have slightly lower capacity than Tron, but I think that actually works against it from an ILL perspective, since it means Disney can sell fewer ILL passes for 7DMT than it can for Tron.

I’m actually surprised Disney hasn’t moved Tron off VQ by now simply for the proposes of assessing its true ILL demand before TBA opens. That’s actually making me second-guess my assumption that MK won’t have multiple VQs and/or 3 ILLs.
Even if 7DMT has a lower capacity for ILL, right now at 9:34am 7DMT has ILL available for 5:55pm at the earliest and Tron is still offering 9:35am. I don't think Tron is even coming close to selling as many ILL as Seven Dwarfs so I can see them taking Tron off and switching to Tiana.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Even if 7DMT has a lower capacity for ILL, right now at 9:34am 7DMT has ILL available for 5:55pm at the earliest and Tron is still offering 9:35am. I don't think Tron is even coming close to selling as many ILL as Seven Dwarfs so I can see them taking Tron off and switching to Tiana.
Well I think part of the reason people aren't paying for ILL for Tron is because it's on VQ so there's not a reason to "skip the line" when it's not standby. Just my theory. I suspect if Tiana opens with VQ it will be the same, only time will tell.

Disstevefan1

I love LEDs. They produce the same light as incandescent bulbs but using only about 20 percent of the power. For climate folks, to me this is one of the most significant things we did to help the planet.

The thing I have noticed over time. For consumer products at least; the LED boards used in, for example, in ceiling fans and in my refrigerator are NOT reliable. I already had to replace two LED boards in two different celing fans and the LED board in my refrigerator has a temperature issue, I had it out multiple times and can’t track down the issue, it works well enough, so I am not going to pay $100 dollars for a new “light” for my refrigerator.

The market is flooded with low quality, Chinese build LED boards which are not “twist out” replaceable. I have seen the decline first hand.

My point is we may see failures for various reasons, could be low quality manufacturing of the light fixtures or poor installations or a mixture of both.

This will be interesting to watch. With the thousands of folks taking photos, we will know real soon if lighting starts to fail.

PREMiERdrum

Good point. I am presuming they last longer making them less expensive over their lifespan?
Theatrical LED fixtures can have a lifespan of 15-20 years in many scenarios, at which point the light engine needs to be replaced. They consume far less power, produce more light, are inherently color-additive (while non-LED fixtures are color reductive), and offer designers a remarkably broader range of options vs. conventional lamps with the same number of fixtures.

We've have 2 PACs here that I manage for our schools - one new build 3 years ago and one renovated last year, both are fully LED (ETC ColorSource family) and the difference is remarkable.

OT, but I'd wager the EPCOT issue is with control loop noise or termination issues. Not with the fixtures themselves.

erstwo

Couple more views of the lighting

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55698.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55695.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55696.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55693.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55692.jpg
Any info on whether Ray and Evangeline will light up on the crown? I was really hoping they would. It was such a nice touch to include them up there. One of my favorite parts of the movie - a true Disney love story.

Seems almost silly not to have the two stars lighted.

This might have been covered and I missed it......

headintheclouds

Any info on whether Ray and Evangeline will light up on the crown? I was really hoping they would. It was such a nice touch to include them up there. One of my favorite parts of the movie - a true Disney love story.

Seems almost silly not to have the two stars lighted.

This might have been covered and I missed it......
That would be such a small but mighty touch! I hope this happens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom