News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

What is tomorrow? I have lost track of everything.
Supposedly the final 6 critter band characters will be unveiled this week. Rumored to be tomorrow. We'll see.

I'm curious if it will be these ones, been an odd absence of major frog characters so far in this ride (aside from the couple of "normal animal" sorts)-

1712595779297.jpeg

Mikomike12

Supposedly the final 6 critter band characters will be unveiled this week. Rumored to be tomorrow. We'll see.

I'm curious if it will be these ones, been an odd absence of major frog characters so far in this ride (aside from the couple of "normal animal" sorts)-

View attachment 777838
Not rumored but officially stated in the last critter article, the last batch is tomorrow

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Food delivery trucks in the middle of the Great Depression? I know milk and bread delivery service was a thing in the 30's but come on... This wasn't really a thing until after WWII.
For what its worth, when I lived in North Dakota in the 80s we still got all sorts of food delivery done from milk, meat, soda, etc. I really got excited the days when the Coca-Cola man came around, we'd put the sign in the window and wait for him to come around the neighborhood. He'd drop off a bunch of the 24 glass bottle cases of whatever we wanted that week to the house and pick up the empties. I miss that, wish they'd bring it back.

Anyways, for the late 20s/early 30s I don't think its out of place, it was happening during that time. So to me its perfectly fine within the context of the attraction story.

peter11435

And Disney needs to prepare to have more former fans / customers complaining about them making too many changes to please very few people.
I see what you’re getting at here but it’s more than just that.

Relevancy matters. What will be will appeal to larger numbers of people than what is.

Sometimes people (especially Disney fans) have a tendency of over inflating the significance and value of our own views.

Smiley/OCD

My only nitpick about the truck is that it looks too new (new paint job)…IMHO, it should look USED & WORN, like it’s been an integral part of Tiana Foods…I don’t think there would’ve been so many “brand new” looking vehicles during that era with the Great Depression looming on the horizon…every business vehicle I’ve ever seen LOOKS used, not new…just sayin’…

MerlinTheGoat

My only nitpick about the truck is that it looks too new (new paint job)…IMHO, it should look USED & WORN, like it’s been an integral part of Tiana Foods…I don’t think there would’ve been so many “brand new” looking vehicles during that era with the Great Depression looming on the horizon…every business vehicle I’ve ever seen LOOKS used, not new…just sayin’…
Given that Tiana and Naveen seem to own and live in a large and fairly upscale mansion, it looks like they're indicating they became quite wealthy.

I know Naveen's parents cut him off from their wealth in the film, but it wouldn't surprise me if they relented a bit after he got married and demonstrated he's willing to work hard and contributed to the business. Big Daddy and Charlotte might be investors too.

Surferboy567

Given that Tiana and Naveen seem to own and live in a large and fairly upscale mansion, it looks like they're indicating they became quite wealthy.

I know Naveen's parents cut him off from their wealth in the film, but it wouldn't surprise me if they relented a bit after he got married and demonstrated he's willing to work hard and contributed to the business. Big Daddy and Charlotte might be investors too.
That seems very likely that Charlotte would be an investor and La Bouff given the movie.

Smiley/OCD

If they live in a large mansion, I don’t think they’d be driving around in a truck with their business plastered on the sides…I mean, what would the chauffeur think? What would they say at the country club?

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm not sure I would agree. In 1927 the economy was booming, Tiana had a new business, and a new truck would most likely have been purchased. The crash wasn't until 1929 and even though we, looking back, know that the Great Depression was looming, I don't think many people at the time realized it.

The trucks we see in pictures taken during the Great Depression look used and worn because by that point they were - very few people had money to replace those purchased earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom