News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

donaldtoo

The fact that they are still logs going thru the bayou is ridiculous and lazy/cheap imagineering. If they are re-imagining the attraction, they should re-imagine the whole thing.

I still say, if they’re not gonna’ replace the logs with classic bayou skiffs, they should at least make ‘em look like frogs…!!! ;)

83C0E4BD-5E10-450C-A21C-7D13A5D02CBE.jpeg

celluloid

I have the same concern regarding much of the fake foliage that was installed, a lot of which already flutters even in a light breeze.

I am curious whether the banner is made of a material that only LOOKS flimsy but is actually rigid.

Rigid is not as important as secured. You don't want something rigid in a storm, because then it becomes a metal sheet sail that will fly and slice.

aladdin2007

I have the same concern regarding much of the fake foliage that was installed, a lot of which already flutters even in a light breeze.

I am curious whether the banner is made of a material that only LOOKS flimsy but is actually rigid.
agree, a year from now its going to be looking faded and tangled (what is their plan b for tropical weather), are they stock piling extra mounds of it to have on hand?),..just wondering what their long term plan is on the maintenance of it all because its certainly going to require a lot more than splash ever did...,and once in the hands of ops......we know how that goes.

celluloid

agree, a year from now its going to be looking faded and tangled (what is their plan b for tropical weather), are they stock piling extra mounds of it to have on hand?),..just wondering what their long term plan is on the maintenance of it all because its certainly going to require a lot more than splash ever did...,and once in the hands of ops......we know how that goes.

We can look to Tron Canopy and the state of many attractions around WDW for the philosophy and standards with that.

DisneyDean97

After seeing the exterior nearing completion and the sneak peak at the animatronics this week I’m feeling better about this re-theme everyday, the mural is the one thing I still don’t like.

I think it’s just the square shape that doesn’t work, it’s such a jarring contrast where it ends, I love the murals they’ve done in Epic (at Potter) because they blend into their surroundings so well, Tiana’s mural looks out of place. I hope it’s not done but as more and more time goes by I’m worried this may be the finished product. Not the end of the world if we end up with an out of place mural but it would be disappointing because the rest of the attraction is looking amazing.
Eh, give it a year or two in the Florida sun, hopefully once it becomes faded, Disney will just be cheap and paint the whole barn one color.

FettFan

I’m going to assume the foliage for this is similar to if not the same material as the leaves on the Tree of Life.

surfsupdon

So you're saying the 'early hype' is the problem? The problem with the Yeti was caused by a physicality issue surely? I'm 100% certain that had Joe Rhodes not spoken about it, that we'd still be in the same position we are now with the Yeti. It was 100% a physical problem, rather than hype that created the issue.

As you say "I understand they have next to nothing in common physically", meaning the only thing left to compare is what somebody says about it. As what somebody said about the Yeti had nothing to do with the problems, what's said about this also shouldn't have any bearings on the reliability of it then surely?

I suppose an option would therefore be to not try making any large animatronics because there were problems with another large animatronic built many years previously? That would mean not trying to ever improve because the last time Disney tried that by building the Yeti is eventually failed to deliver what was expected? The problem with that logic is that we'd be stuck without improvements if we never sought to better and improve what went before?

This thread has kind of gone from "There won't be enough animatronics and they won't be as good" to now somehow saying even though they have nothing in common physically and the animatronics look more advanced, that they might not work because Disney has hyped it up which is the only real similarity by your own admission.

It's kind of like saying "The roller coaster will only be impressive if it works", that applies to everything be it coasters or animatronics. If we take away the physical similarities which you just have, all that's left is the hype. Most people were complaining that we didn't know enough about this attraction upgrade, in effect that Disney weren't telling us enough. Now Disney is saying it's great and take a look at these animatronics, it's like that's being turned into a possible negative.
To clarify (bc I do understand your points):

I am not getting hyped or excited for these AAs as has been described by Disney. The reason? Because the promise does not deliver. They failed with the Yeti after a ton of hype, and they failed with the Frozen crew and their projected faces.

We all remember how terrible the AAs were cared for in Splash. Why would Tiana’s be any different?

Just because you say “it’s the biggest and fastest” in reference to the Yeti, and say it’s the “most advanced ever” with Tiana’s, does not mean they will be functioning properly, or at all. It’s almost like Disney advertising having two water parks, but you only ever have the chance of entering one on your vacation.
I’m certain that the AAs will be impressive, but will they be as functional years from opening? The Yeti isn’t. And that was highly touted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom