News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Incomudro

I don't really get the obsession with the AA head count.
Number of AA's is not what is going to make this ride better or worse than Splash.
It's the execution that will determine that.
The ride could have twice the AA's as Splash, and be a whole lot worse.
Or a dozen fewer AA's and make Splash look ancient, stark, and dated.
What's a great positive is that we are indeed getting many AA's, and some of them are fantastic.
Hopefully, it comes together in an engaging, fun, and beautiful way.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Even though the white board and footage we've seen of DL's version, I assume the numbers won't be that far off for MK's version even though they don't have the new enclosed Slippin' Falls and Burrow scene?

MerlinTheGoat

Number of AA's is not what is going to make this ride better or worse than Splash.
What's a great positive is that we are indeed getting many AA's, and some of them are fantastic.
Some of us value the quantity of AAs in classic Disney attractions. It's not the only important thing about a ride, but it's far from unimportant. And it gets brought up a lot because it's something Disney doesn't really do anymore.

Splash had both fantastic scenery AND a very large number of high quality well moving AAs. I also feel like people downplay how good many of those old figures could move when maintained properly (I've uploaded clips of them in their heyday). That is the same standard I will hold Tiana to as well since it's replacing said ride.

DisneyDodo

I was including Naveen in that list!

It sounds like we have at least 5 Tianas, 4 Louis figures (I think the tail in the log counts as one), 2 Mama Odies, Naveen, 3 relatives/friends of Tiana, and 13 critters including Juju.
There will be at least 2 Naveens: one in the bayou (Laughing Place) and one at Tiana’s Palace (finale).

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Anyone who has read my posts on this ride knows that I loved Splash Mountain and will continue to mourn its loss. Furthermore, I have been very skeptical on this attraction because of the strange storyline and reasons for its existence.

However, these animatronics are some of the best I have ever seen. They NEEDED to be. This had to be THE BEST that WDI could do, or it would have been a disappointment.

The animatronics don't fix the other problems with this ride, such as the lack of a major conflict or compelling storyline befitting the scale of the attraction. But they make it much better.

What will the status of the animatronics be in ten years? I shudder to think, especially at WDW, where maintenance hasn't been a priority. But for now, I'm glad some great animatronics are on the way.

As a trumpet player, though, I am offended by the lack of authenticity on Louis' trumpet. If they are using authentic drums, why couldn't they create a more realistic looking trumpet??!

Disstevefan1

I think what really scared folks initially there was an early interview with an imagineer who talked about smoke machines and lasers :oops: Making it sound like they were going to really cheap out on this project.

It does seem now they are making a genuine effort at a high quality attraction and not cutting costs.

HonorableMention

IMG_5793.jpeg

Just noticed this other animatronic in the background of the video, presumably one of the Tiana figures they didn’t show?

Brer Oswald

I was hoping to be purely positive after the video, since the figures look really good so far (not all will be as state of the art as Louis and the main humans though, as the beaver demonstrates). But I sure hope there's more than 42... Again, WDW's Splash had 55+ and DL had 75+.

Not sure that number is accurate anyway though, since she might be the AA who will appear at the top of the final lift.

At least this confirmed there will indeed be a number of additional critters in the finale scene that those leaked renders didn't account for. I'm assuming all of those ones from the critter bands will be there. Glad they used Tiana's princess dress there too.
Shes the final figure. Her, her snake, and her beignets seem to be going where the final briar patch scene was.

Incomudro

Some of us value the quantity of AAs in classic Disney attractions. It's not the only important thing about a ride, but it's far from unimportant. And it gets brought up a lot because it's something Disney doesn't really do anymore.

Splash had both fantastic scenery AND a very large number of high quality well moving AAs. I also feel like people downplay how good many of those old figures could move when maintained properly (I've uploaded clips of them in their heyday). That is the same standard I will hold Tiana to as well since it's replacing said ride.
I get that, I love your posts - my favorite on this subject as a matter of fact - and I greatly value all of the information you have (correctly by the way) given us here.
Fortunately, we are indeed getting a good quantity of AA's on this ride - and I love AA's.
I'm excited to see how it all comes together, because that's going to be the most important part.

SplashJacket

The Louis animatronic may be my favorite (standard) animatronic anywhere.

Dude just looks like he's having the time of his life. Motion is natural, fun, and jolly. Fantastically done. The belly movements sell it perfectly.

Makes me want figment AAs with the same energy (fun, loving, jumpy purple dragons are pretty close to Green gators),

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Makes me want figment AAs with the same energy (fun, loving, jumpy purple dragons are pretty close to Green gators),
The day we get a new Figment attraction will be worth the wait with how technology is always improving for these rides, and to your point, the animatronics specifically. I want a new Figment ride even more now after the Tiana news today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom