News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

- Thinking that has some merit to it

I was hoping to be purely positive after the video, since the figures look really good so far (not all will be as state of the art as Louis and the main humans though, as the beaver demonstrates). But I sure hope there's more than 42... Again, WDW's Splash had 55+ and DL had 75+.

Not sure that number is accurate anyway though, since she might be the AA who will appear at the top of the final lift.

At least this confirmed there will indeed be a number of additional critters in the finale scene that those leaked renders didn't account for. I'm assuming all of those ones from the critter bands will be there. Glad they used Tiana's princess dress there too.

999th Happy Haunt

They all look really great and it definitely settles at least one of my worries for the ride, I think it’s really just up to the story and other scenic elements right now.

JustInTime

I was hoping to be purely positive after the video, since the figures look really good so far (not all will be as state of the art as Louis and the main humans though, as the beaver demonstrates). But I sure hope there's more than 42... Again, WDW's Splash had 55+ and DL had 75+.

Not sure that number is accurate anyway though, since she might be the AA who will appear at the top of the final lift.

At least this confirmed there will indeed be a number of additional critters in the finale scene that those leaked renders didn't account for. I'm assuming all of those ones from the critter bands will be there. Glad they used Tiana's princess dress there too.
It’s so interesting Disneyland has more. I rode both and really preferred WDW! So maybe the number didn’t matter much.

MerlinTheGoat

It’s so interesting Disneyland has more. I rode both and really preferred WDW! So maybe the number didn’t matter much.
DL inherited a larger quantity of America Sings characters. While WDW had better and more detailed sets, and higher quality versions of the main Brer trio AAs. I preferred WDW for those reasons, but it would have been nice to have had those additional AAs as well.

I'm skeptical that Tiana will only have 42 animatronics based on prior claims, so I'm not going to jump to conclusions about that number yet. The finale in particular is supposed to be similarly crowded to Splash's.

Bayou

To summarize...

In light of the worn carpet in MMRR, the misplacement of the Hatbox Ghost, the lack of hardened reptilian scales on Louis, and how Mama Odie was ugly-looking in TPatF, this is awful and Iger should be fired.
Louis didn't have scales in the movie so why have it on the ride?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.42.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.42.20 AM.png
    249 KB · Views: 37

JustInTime

DL inherited a larger quantity of America Sings characters. While WDW had better and more detailed sets, and higher quality versions of the main Brer trio AAs. I preferred WDW for those reasons, but it would have been nice to have had those additional AAs as well.

I'm skeptical that Tiana will only have 42 animatronics based on prior claims, so I'm not going to jump to conclusions about that number yet. The finale in particular is supposed to be similarly crowded to Splash's.
Ahh! I forgot about America Sings skewing the amount. Which makes sense!!

discos

The actual number of animatronics doesn’t really matter when comparing to splash numbers since so many “animatronics” were limited motion Opossums, a beehive with a spinning bees etc. I think 42 animatronics will fill the scenes just fine. Disneyland’s flume moves too fast anyway that even if Splash had more animatronics, you could never really take them all in.

JustInTime

The actual number of animatronics doesn’t really matter when comparing to splash numbers since so many “animatronics” were limited motion Opossums, a beehive with a spinning bees etc. I think 42 animatronics will fill the scenes just fine. Disneyland’s flume moves too fast anyway that even if Splash had more animatronics, you could never really take them all in.
Great points!

MerlinTheGoat

The numbers I gave weren't including the limited motion ones. If you count those, there would be over 100 for DL (which is what Disney did in marketing). My 55 and 75 numbers have a minimum standard of at least Tiki Bird standards or above.

It matters quite a lot to me. If Tiana can't match those numbers, it'll be a letdown for me. As I have said from the start. But as I also said, I am skeptical there are only 42.

FigmentFan82

Just speculation here but it could be that there will be 42 legit AA with solid amounts of motion and then many more minor movements figures sprinkled throughout. Like a possums dangling from the trees. They really don't need to move much/at all to add to the fullness of a scene

HonorableMention

Do we think there’s any possibility that it’s 42 new animatronics with some reused ones making the count closer to the original?

Or maybe it’s a red herring and just a fun Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy reference🤣

Earlie the Pearlie

We’ve reached that point.

When this was first announced, I, given Disney’s recent track record, worried it would be worse than Splash Mountain, one of my childhood favorites.

Then, after seeing teasers and construction updates, I realized that this might be just as good as Splash, maybe even a bit better.

But now- after seeing all of these animatronics- all of these advanced, new, animatronics- I’ve changed my mind again.

This is going to be one of the best dark rides on earth. Better than Splash ever was. Calling it now.
Disney needed to knock this out of the park, and by god I think they did it.

So excited to ride this in August*

*After LESS THAN two years of construction!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom