News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

999th Happy Haunt

I haven’t been following much at all lately so I apologize since this is probably asked all the time, but what opening window are we looking at? Is early June possible?

SamusAranX

I’m not assuming anything. They are in fact superior AAs. Lol

Which is funny because this time last year splash truthers were claiming they were going to be cutouts rather than AAs in the ride. 🤭
That’s not a fact, that’s an opinion. There are some older animatronics that are found to be favorites or more realistic then some modern ones (looking at you FEA); not to mention aesthetically pleasing is in the eye of the beholder.

I am not a “truther”, and not sure your need to use that term, as it seems snarky and trolling. This isn’t binary like you’re trying to make it to be; I will really miss SM, and its uniqueness and fun as an attraction, but am I also excited to experience TBA and see these animatronics in person as well. It’s not either or, there is no need to claim factually that EITHER attraction is better. That’s an opinion. It’s my sincere hope both stand out for high quality.

JustInTime

That’s not a fact, that’s an opinion. There are some older animatronics that are found to be favorites or more realistic then some modern ones (looking at you FEA); not to mention aesthetically pleasing is in the eye of the beholder.

I am not a “truther”, and not sure your need to use that term, as it seems snarky and trolling. This isn’t binary like you’re trying to make it to be; I will really miss SM, and its uniqueness and fun as an attraction, but am I also excited to experience TBA and see these animatronics in person as well. It’s not either or, there is no need to claim factually that EITHER attraction is better. It’s my sincere hope both stand out for high quality
The new model of AAs are undeniably better and more advanced than those from 1992. That’s a fact. They look amazing. Just because you loved Splash (I did too) doesn’t mean you can’t let go and look to the future.

SamusAranX

The new model of AAs are undeniably better and more advanced than those from 1992. That’s a fact. They look amazing. Just because you loved Splash (I did too) doesn’t mean you can’t let go and look to the future.
Again, that’s an opinion, not a fact. For some better means more aesthetically pleasing (I find these animatronics to look good about equal to Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox in terms of cartoonish and reflective of the animation medium in a visually pleasing way, yet realistic in movements). Advanced perhaps in the parts they use, but plenty of older animatronics carry realistic movements despite having older parts and what not.

celluloid

Again, that’s an opinion, not a fact. For some better means more aesthetically pleasing (I find these animatronics to look good about equal to Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox in terms of cartoonish and reflective of the animation medium in a visually pleasing way, yet realistic in movements). Advanced perhaps in the parts they use, but plenty of older animatronics carry realistic movements despite having older parts and what not.

That is very fair. I think plenty of older animated movies look better than current ones.

Even animation of figures and how it is done matters.

JustInTime

Not so much semantics. Subjective was the poster's point.
Which I disagree to the point it’s not worth replying to. The new AAs are legit cutting edge technology. When you break down the stats and their capabilities, they outperform in every way. That’s not subjective, those are facts. The ride, as lovely as it was, is gone. Disney EASILY could have botched this and as much as a tiny percent of Disney Parks fans hope otherwise, this is going to be a massive success for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom