News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

UNCgolf

When it comes to Mansion, I couldn't disagree more.

Anyway - Mama Ode looks INCREDIBLE! I love her pet snake 🐍

I don't think there's anything wrong with Haunted Mansion as-is (I love it) -- my point was that if they built a new Haunted Mansion with modern AAs, it would make the existing one look bad in comparison in some places (not everywhere, because Mansion doesn't really rely on AAs that much).

Regardless, these AAs looks fantastic and they've just about eliminated any remaining apprehension I had regarding the ride's overall quality.

Last edited:

roro494

This sign caught my eye while watching -
View attachment 776982
"Louis 5 DL"
I wonder if that means both will have 5 Louis figures, 5 Louis figures between both?
I assumed they were scene numbers, Mama Odie and JuJu both have ‘12’ on their signs. I would hope Tiana would have more appearances than Odie in her own ride lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 77

DisneyFanatic12

JustInTime

One of my big hesitations was always the AAs, because with their projection screen phase and all, the AAs didn’t always look as great as I’d hoped. BUT, these AAs looked quite beautiful in the video, and I’m excited to see them in person!
The only projection AAs that work are Mansion. I also enjoy the look of the dwarves too but it’s less effective than the Ghosts at Mansion.

Surferboy567

Splash truthers are STRUGGLING to find ways to downplay how incredible these are. I’m so impressed!! Best they can do is laugh react.

I wonder if Mama Ode is still going right before the drop? Ahh!!
According to the concept art, she is probably in that little nook where Brer’ Fox was

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Splash truthers are STRUGGLING to find ways to downplay how incredible these are. I’m so impressed!! Best they can do is laugh react.

I wouldn't call myself a "Splash Truther", but Splash will always hold a special place in my heart. I still think my biggest concern is how they will make the story (as detailed thus far) be something that makes sense in the context of the ride and be something that is engaging and interesting (especially without Dr. Facilier). From a visual standpoint, from what we've seen so far, I think they've done a wonderful job! But we also know having REALLY good animatronics don't necessarily translate to a ride we want to ride continuously (Ursula on Little Mermaid, Shaman on NRJ, Hondo on Smuggler's Run)

DisneyFanatic12

He looks very good but why does it look like he has fur on? I’m not sure I like that finish for a reptile.
That was my one big complaint as well, should have done a smooth body probably. Also… I wish they did a chin like Ursula’s in JotLM. I’m assuming it’s more of a range of motion thing though.

JustInTime

I wouldn't call myself a "Splash Truther", but Splash will always hold a special place in my heart. I still think my biggest concern is how they will make the story (as detailed thus far) be something that makes sense in the context of the ride and be something that is engaging and interesting (especially without Dr. Facilier). From a visual standpoint, from what we've seen so far, I think they've done a wonderful job! But we also know having REALLY good animatronics don't necessarily translate to a ride we want to ride continuously (Ursula on Little Mermaid, Shaman on NRJ, Hondo on Smuggler's Run)
Splash was my first ride! And it was my second favorite only behind Haunted Mansion. I just know it’s not coming back and now that I can see the direction they are going, I can either be delusionally angry or get excited. I feel you and appreciate your articulate response.

mickEblu

That was my one big complaint as well, should have done a smooth body probably. Also… I wish they did a chin like Ursula’s in JotLM. I’m assuming it’s more of a range of motion thing though.

Yeah I assumed the same. Maybe it won’t be as noticeable when you are flying by on the logs… at least at Disneyland.

JustInTime

While splash mountain is still > this; I just wish they stuck to the original P&tF story... Dr. Facillier singing friends on the other side leading up the drop would have been epic.
I do wish that we would have gotten the original story but they didn’t do that for whatever reason. So I can’t dwell on what we didn’t get. Especially when everything they have shown us has genuinely surprised me.

mickEblu

I didn’t anticipate this but Mama Odie looks the best. Like she walked straight out of the film. Followed by Louis. Still wish Tiana looked more like Tiana. Man, Dr Facilier would have looked amazing with his exaggerated cartoony features. I’ll still settle for a shadow projections though with some music.

FutureCEO

I wonder if Mama Ode is still going right before the drop? Ahh!!
I miss Splash. And always will. At least the audio animatronics look better than anything new Disney has done lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom