News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
You’re supposed to be living at the Tiana’s site. What happened? :)
Hide Hiding GIF

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Real water lilies very often grow that way. With stems of varying heights, some only appearing to float on the surface while others extending well above.

View attachment 776062

There's still plenty more greenery yet to be installed around the lilies too.

View attachment 776061
The water looks so beautifully blue in the concept art. At some point, someone made the decision, "Nope, we need to go poop-brown instead."

MerlinTheGoat

Yeah unfortunately it was clear that the fence was staying as soon as they added a mural to it. While something being absent from the model isn't necessarily evidence that it wouldn't be implemented in the final version (the render I posted of WDW above doesn't have this fence), i'm guessing it won't be added at DL since their Splash Mtn never got the fence to begin with.

The water looks so beautifully blue in the concept art. At some point, someone made the decision, "Nope, we need to go poop-brown instead."
I hesitate to post this since I actually don't agree with the saturated blue in the render looking good (nor is it accurate to what bayou water looks like). I also strongly suspect the brownish tint is the result of there being a lot of sediment from the construction work done and will eventually filter out and turn a more clear or greenish hue once the ride has been running for a while without the construction going on (it will also reflect the sky more when that happens). But I REALLY wanted to make this edit-

1711927427581.png

MerlinTheGoat

Hasn't the water always been quite brown?

Splash-Mountain_Full_50014.jpg
It would vary quite a bit, but yeah it could often appear brownish. Especially when the water was more still and had been standing for some time. This one is quite murky for instance-

1711932743110.jpeg

Sometimes it would appear more greenish, or blue when it was particularly sunny and reflecting the sky at certain angles. Like I said though, there's probably an excess amount of sediment/dirt that is still floating around from construction. So once it circulates and filters through normal operation, it will probably settle and appear less murky brown.

One question I have though is whether that lone water lily in the photo you posted has always been there. I can't remember seeing it before and it doesn't appear to exist in this other image...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom