News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes

Link for the webcast on Wednesday beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET/ 10:00 a.m. PT.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240401_170821.jpg
20240401_170931.jpg
20240401_170720.jpg
20240401_172817.jpg
20240401_174435.jpg
20240401_172829.jpg
20240401_172834.jpg
20240401_174326.jpg
20240401_173649.jpg
20240401_174500.jpg

The news you have all been waiting for... lights at the splashdown area!

There's more markers on the left side for more final touches to be done there as well.

No Imagineers riding today but logs were cycling the whole hour I was there.

Surferboy567

View attachment 776432View attachment 776436View attachment 776437View attachment 776438View attachment 776439View attachment 776440View attachment 776441View attachment 776442View attachment 776443View attachment 776444

The news you have all been waiting for... lights at the splashdown area!

There's more markers on the left side for more final touches to be done there as well.

No Imagineers riding today but logs were cycling the whole hour I was there.
What is that wrapped ball looking object?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I wish they'd have "toonified" some of the more realistic elements a scosche to better tie-in with the critters inside. It'll be interesting to see how well the end result gels together. And is it just me or could they afford to hang a few more colored bottles at the top of Mama Odis tree cave thing?

Sir_Cliff

I wish they'd have "toonified" some of the more realistic elements a scosche to better tie-in with the critters inside. It'll be interesting to see how well the end result gels together.
I don't know, it worked well with Splash to have it less cartoony on the outside than on the inside. If they made it too cartoony, it would really clash with its surroundings.

GoneForGood

It is some sort of prop/sign. There is an object in the same location on the D23 Model for Disneyland's. I can't quite make out what it is supposed to be, exactly though.

Attachments

• rightsideprop.png
    rightsideprop.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 136

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 776493
Haven’t seen this mentioned, and I’ve looked. I’m probably blind because I would have expected some chatter. What are the clues in the license plate telling us?
A lot of people are thinking the "528" is May 28th but personally, I don't think this has anything to do with the opening date at all.

I'm still sticking with either June 28, June 30, or July 1 for the official opening day.

June 28 is the last Friday before the last day of Q3 which is June 30, and July 1 is the first day of Q4, so it would not shock me at all if they want the official opening based off the fiscal year.

Those CM blockout dates for the first half of June could be preview dates for CMs, and they're blocking those days off because they don't want double CM capacity between the normal visits and preview capacity.

I could be wrong on all of this but my mindset going into the announcement on Wednesday is the opening date will be one of those 3 dates with tons of previews beforehand, rather than the official opening date being earlier than expected.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A lot of people are thinking the "528" is May 28th but personally, I don't think this has anything to do with the opening date at all.

I'm still sticking with either June 28, June 30, or July 1 for the official opening day.

June 28 is the last Friday before the last day of Q3 which is June 30, and July 1 is the first day of Q4, so it would not shock me at all if they want the official opening based off the fiscal year.

Those CM blockout dates for the first half of June could be preview dates for CMs, and they're blocking those days off because they don't want double CM capacity between the normal visits and preview capacity.

I could be wrong on all of this but my mindset going into the announcement on Wednesday is the opening date will be one of those 3 dates with tons of previews beforehand, rather than the official opening date being earlier than expected.
5/28/72.

Sounds like someone's birthday. Is someone on the design team 52 this May?

Surferboy567

If that’s the case I’m going with June I think this is going to open a lot sooner than everyone thinks. Infact, wouldn’t shock me at all if this opened around Memorial Day. Perhaps to coincide with communicore hall I don’t think much is left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom