News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

lentesta

Premium Member
if we all win some lottery to do it via the genie, or some online registration which is a fiasco every time they do some kind of preview thing...should be interesting. Every new attraction gets more and more difficult to win a way into it whether its preview or regular.

Good point. It was my understanding that the multiple weeks of previews would allow for some recovery from those IT issues. The other thing going for us is this is their big release for 2024, so they need a ton of word of mouth.

Ghost93

if we are indeed turned to frogs, the tension would be not getting stuck that way to be resolved by mama odie saving us and being brought back to humans with a big splash.

EDIT: and if we are frogs, how'd we get that way. did she shrink us only to save us? or could it be a darker source?
I just feel not including the "Friends on the Other Sides" is a major missed opportunity with what projection mapping could do nowadays to represent the evil shadows.

Brer Oswald

@Drew the Disney Dude

What else do you know?!

This was a publically revealed detail from the voice actor of Louis from several weeks ago. He also posted a fanmade POV of a PatF Splash retheme that is nothing like the version we are getting, so who knows.

Edit: Apparently the post has been deleted (probably because of the inaccurate fan video). But here is the "description" that was attached. It was initially pointed out to us by Drew, so credit where credit is due.
1711738203014.png

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
This was a publically revealed detail from the voice actor of Louis from several weeks ago. He also posted a fanmade POV of a PatF Splash retheme that is nothing like the version we are getting, so who knows.

Edit: Apparently the post has been deleted (probably because of the inaccurate fan video). But here is the "description" that was attached. It was initially pointed out to us by Drew, so credit where credit is due.View attachment 775537
I can't take any credit for the information itself, I was just sharing what Michael posted.

MerlinTheGoat

I'm a bit iffy on the Louis AA being 7 feet tall (he still takes up a lot of space due to his girth and tail, so perhaps they're including the tail length in the measurement or something). At least if the 3D model in the leaked renders are at the correct scale, he appears considerably shorter. You can sort of compare it next to Tiana's model and the surrounding environment. Unless those are also much larger than they appear too.

1711742034309.png

But granted, these models may not actually be at their accurate scale in the first place. Especially given the very WIP nature of these renders.

Other than that's he's absolutely going to be a very complex and intricate figure with a lot of axes of motion. And yes should physically appear multiple times throughout the ride.

mickEblu

I'm a bit iffy on the Louis AA being 7 feet tall (he still takes up a lot of space due to his girth and tail, so perhaps they're including the tail length in the measurement or something). At least if the 3D model in the leaked renders are at the correct scale, he appears considerably shorter. You can sort of compare it next to Tiana's model and the surrounding environment. Unless those are also much larger than they appear too.

View attachment 775557

But granted, these models may not actually be at their accurate scale in the first place. Especially given the very WIP nature of these renders.

Other than that's he's absolutely going to be a very complex and intricate figure with a lot of axes of motion. And yes should physically appear multiple times throughout the ride.

He would look 7 feet tall if we’re the size of Frogs.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

View attachment 775557

Tall animatronics are nothing new. This Br'er Bear was around 6' tall (My friend got evac'd next to him and was the same height, he's 6'2'. Throw in Br'er Fox and the entire set of characters was probably around 10ft
25588974837_f6b9e5a6ae_b.jpg

So the idea of a 7' Louie isn't that unthinkable

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240329_153758.jpg
20240329_153818.jpg
20240329_153839.jpg
20240329_154123.jpg
20240329_154148.jpg
20240329_154323.jpg
20240329_160316.jpg
20240329_161852.jpg
20240329_165356.jpg
20240329_165926.jpg

Here's photos from today - unfortunately I was not using my brain and forgot today is Good Friday so the site was dead with no testing. I went specifically to try to get videos of Charita Carter riding again but no luck.

The queue is looking very close to being done in recent days - lots of plants installed and walkways are looking clean. We should be seeing the infrastructure for the radio show going in soon and audio testing starting shortly after.

Besides that, scaffolding has, once again, gone back up on the left side, there are new marks on the structure at the top of the drop, and some additional theming added to the new walkways.

JKick95

View attachment 775599View attachment 775602View attachment 775603View attachment 775604View attachment 775605View attachment 775606View attachment 775607View attachment 775608View attachment 775609View attachment 775610

Here's photos from today - unfortunately I was not using my brain and forgot today is Good Friday so the site was dead with no testing. I went specifically to try to get videos of Charita Carter riding again but no luck.

The queue is looking very close to being done in recent days - lots of plants installed and walkways are looking clean. We should be seeing the infrastructure for the radio show going in soon and audio testing starting shortly after.

Besides that, scaffolding has, once again, gone back up on the left side, there are new marks on the structure at the top of the drop, and some additional theming added to the new walkways.
At around 6pm tonight (during the cavalcade) they were doing some testing. Did not see anyone riding it but empty logs were coming down for about 5-10 mins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom