News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There’s a separate thread for discussion and criticism. This is the more factual and construction updates thread. There’s room for both, and some people find the construction phase interesting.
The other 'discussion thread' also has its limits. It's no longer relevant to discuss whether the decision to retheme was good or bad, that's water under the bridge. That thread is supposed to now be like this thread, but for DL, according to @The Mom.

zipadee999

I will be pretty disappointed if the whole stretch from the laughin place to the drop will be ‘Dig a Little Deeper.’ That means that the ride will have zero tension and will in all essence be Frozen Ever After V2. I have no problem with Odie at the top, even though I would've preferred Facilier, but was holding out that we’d get at least some tension to set the mood for a 52.5 foot drop.

I was envisioning that the Laughin Place would be a ‘dark bayou’ with some of the shadow monsters before going up the lift. They could’ve pulled a really cool projection mapping effect halfway up the lift with Odie’s ‘light magic’ warding off the ‘dark magic’ from the shadow creatures.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Frogs are being painted. Looks like more lilies were added too.
Screenshot_2024-03-28_1.png

ToTBellHop

I'm aware of what a bayou looks like and I never said it didn't look like a bayou, I just think there should be more trees. Here's a photo of Barataria Preserve, about 30 minutes south of New Orleans. Bayous can be pretty dense.
View attachment 775369
Not usually by water towers and millhouses, though.

They aren’t actually trying to keep people from seeing their thrill ride.

Incomudro

I'm aware of what a bayou looks like and I never said it didn't look like a bayou, I just think there should be more trees. Here's a photo of Barataria Preserve, about 30 minutes south of New Orleans. Bayous can be pretty dense.
View attachment 775369
You can't do that for this ride though.
I mean, this isn't supposed to be a museum accurate natural area.
It is Magic Kingdom after all.
They need to provide depth perception.

tanc

Apparently people are thinking there will be no replacement for the playground. Not a big issue, but certainly wonder if it will just be an open area or not.

DisneyFanatic12

Are they keeping the weird temporary fence leading into the mill? They painted stuff on it, but I can't imagine why there would be a random fence jutting out of the structure like that.
If you’re referring to the fence that I think you are, that fence has been there since Splash Mountain. Though it does look like there is a painted tarp over it for some reason.

IMG_5088.jpeg

Photo pulled from this video: Link

Attachments

• IMG_5088.jpeg
    IMG_5088.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 44
Ty
The person who started the rumor is highly reputable regarding Universal rumors at the very least, and it seems to have been validated from others as well. I consider it plausible. But I don't really see how anything has confirmed it yet. I sort of expected Dig A Little Deeper to play in the final lift regardless, just because that always made the most sense to me.
if we’re thinking of the same person (Alicia) they’ve actually recently said that part got changed. Around the same time those “dark bayou” rumors started.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
If @Drew the Disney Dude is correct about Dig a Little Deeper in the lift hill then we know this inaccurate.

Dig a little deeper (great abbreviation by the way) is a longer song and would build anticipation for the drop. It could really go both ways. Like I said before, I’m pretty sure that Splash Archives track listing is inaccurate if @Drew the Disney Dude is correct. It could really go either way. They could also just repeat the song in the finale. If they played it though for the entire Laughin Place and hill then that maybe too much.

After what I heard last night, I expect Dig a Little Deeper to start at some point in the former Laughing Place area, and then will lead into the lift and on the lift itself, which lines up with what a lot of us have speculated for over a year now with the bottle lanterns on the drop and concept art. The fact that I could barely hear the song confirms it's playing at the base of the lift during these test rides, so it's entirely possible we will see the Mama Odie animatronic there where Br'er Fox and Br'er Rabbit were previously.

In terms of PJ Morton's original song, it's already been confirmed to be on the ride, as Disney talked about designing a song where logs enter the scene every 15 seconds, and I can't see any other place for it than the finale, and when I say finale, I'm talking about where the riverboat was. I don't see them spending a year writing an original song for an original story and not using it in the giant Mardi Gras party finale scene with every character and critter - it makes too much sense for it not to happen.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Are they keeping the weird temporary fence leading into the mill? They painted stuff on it, but I can't imagine why there would be a random fence jutting out of the structure like that.
It was added when Splash was open to protect the evacuation path on the other side from the full splash of the water cannons that would go off when logs plunged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom