News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

Do they use the old FP queue for anything anymore? You can see a construction worker using it. I remember checking in there for FP years back.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I’ll say it again, but based on the pictures, the idea that it’ll look shorter as a result of the retheme doesn’t appear to be the case. What do those who’ve seen it recently in person think?
Personally, I think it looks much shorter and less intimidating in person, and somehow feels closer to the bridge in front. It really depends on where you are standing, and the water tower is going to look huge on-ride the way it's positioned. Every time I peek through the mesh I realize how much the walls are hiding the scale of the water tower, on top of the tree being removed, but the water tower and cypress trees make everything seem closer together. I was looking back at photos of Splash, and with how "clean" and open it was, it definitely felt like a mountain before compared to now. It's hard to describe in writing but I'm curious what @DCBaker thinks, and if anything I just typed is understandable. 😅

DCBaker

Premium Member
Personally, I think it looks much shorter and less intimidating in person, and somehow feels closer to the bridge in front. It really depends on where you are standing, and the water tower is going to look huge on-ride the way it's positioned. Every time I peek through the mesh I realize how much the walls are hiding the scale of the water tower, on top of the tree being removed, but the water tower and cypress trees make everything seem closer together. I was looking back at photos of Splash, and with how "clean" and open it was, it definitely felt like a mountain before compared to now. It's hard to describe in writing but I'm curious what @DCBaker thinks, and if anything I just typed is understandable. 😅

It does make sense! I do think it is difficult to fully appreciate the scale until the walls come down in front.

tparris

Photos taken just now.
I think this may be the earliest testing we’ve seen so far.
IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0167.jpeg
IMG_0169.jpeg
IMG_0170.jpeg
IMG_0171.jpeg
IMG_0173.jpeg

Kittlesona

I understand that the water on the drops (and lifts) is essentially just for show, but do we have an understanding or guess as to why that water is not being included in the testing process?

LittleBuford

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I saw it in December when it was covered in scaffolding and it looked very big to me, but I’ll have to see it firsthand in its finished state to really know what I think.

CntrlFlPete

I saw it for the 1st time today (since around when the tower went in).

I found it hard to judge w/ the walls up as well.

To me, I felt like all the green sort of squeezes the look, sort of flattens things out. Walking towards the area, it looks more like a mound than a mountain. I just did a quick walk by on the way towards Pirates. W/O it running, from the distance, it was hard to tell where the drop was, it kind of hard for me to see how steep it looks as there just seems to be a lot of green blocking a lot.

Here is a pic I snapped w/ folks in it to sort of give a ground level perspective (not zoomed taken w/ a phone)

smn_20240227.jpg

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I saw it for the 1st time today (since around when the tower went in).

I found it hard to judge w/ the walls up as well.

To me, I felt like all the green sort of squeezes the look, sort of flattens things out. Walking towards the area, it looks more like a mound than a mountain. I just did a quick walk by on the way towards Pirates. W/O it running, from the distance, it was hard to tell where the drop was, it kind of hard for me to see how steep it looks as there just seems to be a lot of green blocking a lot.

Here is a pic I snapped w/ folks in it to sort of give a ground level perspective (not zoomed taken w/ a phone)

View attachment 770534
As someone who saw it in person, what are guest reactions like?

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
To me, I felt like all the green sort of squeezes the look, sort of flattens things out. Walking towards the area, it looks more like a mound than a mountain.
100% agreed with this. Very good point about the green being everywhere, too. Everything is so similar. I truly do like how it looks in person, but it's definitely no where near as distinctive as Splash was. I'm very curious to what the overall reaction is once it's finished and the walls are down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom