News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

FettFan

But I don't think going from the old west & cowboys to the Canadian wilderness is that much of a difference than going to the New Orleans Bayou. Or Georgia for that matter.

I think the big thing for me is that PatF is clearly set post-WWI, when we had the cultural shift of the Roaring 20s; Louis is a jazz trumpeter, Charlotte is clearly a half-step away from entering flapper-hood, electric streetcars are now rolling through the city, having replaced the old horse-drawn carts.

Even though Brother Bear takes place at the end of the last ice age (8,000-10,000 years ago) it still feels closer to the frontier than jazz music and electricity. Just remove the mammoths and it would easily double as the early 1800s Pacific Northwest.

SpectreJordan

I think the big thing for me is that PatF is clearly set post-WWI, when we had the cultural shift of the Roaring 20s; Louis is a jazz trumpeter, Charlotte is clearly a half-step away from entering flapper-hood, electric streetcars are now rolling through the city, having replaced the old horse-drawn carts.

Even though Brother Bear takes place at the end of the last ice age (8,000-10,000 years ago) it still feels closer to the frontier than jazz music and electricity. Just remove the mammoths and it would easily double as the early 1800s Pacific Northwest.
Fair enough. There's pros & cons to both. This would all be a lot easier if they could connect BTM to Frontierland outside of walking near Splash.

FettFan

Fair enough. There's pros & cons to both. This would all be a lot easier if they could connect BTM to Frontierland outside of walking near Splash.

Aye. Another pair of ideas were to either

1. make Splash a companion to Big Thunder Mountain with the main drop created through hydraulic mining.

hydraulic-gold-mine.jpg

Or
2. Lean into the Tall Tales/American Legends aspect of featuring Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, John Henry, Johnny Appleseed, etc.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

2. Lean into the Tall Tales/American Legends aspect of featuring Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, John Henry, Johnny Appleseed, etc.
The American tall tale idea would've been fantastic; it'd be a nice way to preserve that mythology for future generations. But I assume there's some... dated stuff in all of those too.
The Br'ers already were American Legends whether you like them or not.

Kirby86

You think they will put the effort into cutting this faux tree down? They grow on foothills, but trees don't really grow on salt domes.
They better if they want to be authentic to Louisiana culture every interview about this ride they mention authenticity is the goal! Honestly though who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom