News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

lightningtap347

That’s exactly what I said with the gif.

Disney Princess is it’s own separate brand.

Ohh my bad, I didn't see the bottom!

It makes sense though. The property provides far more future value than Brother Bear, so its initial box office performance had no bearing on the decision.

Ghost93

Brother Bear is a decent film, but totally lacking in the fun, whimsy, and vibrancy needed for the ride.
It also lacks the right kind of musical style for a Splash Mountain replacement. Phil Collins is nice and all, but not right for this.

I also think while Brother Bear made more money initially, it has faded out of the general pop culture consciousness, whereas PatF has become more popular over time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Brother Bear had a box office take of $250M, against a $46M budget.
Gross profit of $204M.

For comparison, PatF’s take was $271M with a $105M budget.
Gross profit? $166M.

But sadly, that’s not what counts anymore.

The rule of thumb for theatrical profitability is that advertising and some administrative functions aren't in the public budget. They add 50% to the cost of the movie. Also, the studio only gets half of the Box Office, the theaters get the other half. So, here are their takes:

1675994818945.png

So, good for Brother Bear being profitable. But... it's critics' score is abominable. And the audience score is OK. Whereas PatF got much higher scores with critics and better scores with the audience.

PatF made up for the theatrical deficity with $118M in gross domestic video sales (VHS/DVD/BluRay).

FettFan

The missing ingredient is alligator tail.

the princess and the frog happy dance GIF

In a perfect world, Louis would have been written as another human who made a deal with Dr. Facilier, who gave him musical talent in exchange for his soul and wound up transformed into a gator….a nifty little nod to the story of bluesman Robert Johnson selling his soul to the devil.

Heck, maybe Ray and his family were all transformed as well. That would have given the funeral scene a lot more weight.

Alas, we have random animals talking for no reason (the wild alligators, John Goodman’s old hound dog) and its never brought up again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom