News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Touchdown

Alas, we have random animals talking for no reason (the wild alligators, John Goodman’s old hound dog) and it’s never brought up again.
No human is able to talk to the animals only once Tiana is a frog can she understand them. The only animals who talk to a human are Naveen and Tiana who presumably can only do so because they were humans.*

*Except Mamma Oodie but that is presumably part of her good voodoo powers.

EagleScout610

It's a joke ... I do that.
Premium Member
Hi Sad, I'm Dad
Fe0hZAMWIAgg2mQ.jpg

_caleb

Not much in my view, but as others have pointed out (and Disney has since clarified), the co-op stuff is largely a backstory for the queue. If the concept art is anything to go by, the ride itself will still evoke the imagery and whimsy of the film.
Seems to me that we'd get something similar if we were to boil down any attraction to a single storyline (backstory or plot) element.

"What's fun about
...animal poaching? (Kilimanjaro Safaris orginal)
...the history of communication? (Spaceship Earth)
...a jilted bride? (HM)
...agriculture? (LWTL)
...illegal logging? (Kali River Rapids)

As for construction, I noticed there's a second plywood box on the other side of the flume from the first and two more on either side just before the bend. I'm assuming these are to protect sensors or something?

splash-mountain-tianas-bayou-adventure-feb-9-2023-b-1892.jpg

ETA: Photo from The Site That Shall Not Be Named

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Seems to me that we'd get something similar if we were to boil down any attraction to a single storyline (backstory or plot) element.

"What's fun about
...animal poaching? (Kilimanjaro Safaris orginal)
...the history of communication? (Spaceship Earth)
...a jilted bride? (HM)
...agriculture? (LWTL)
...illegal logging? (Kali River Rapids)

As for construction, I noticed there's a second plywood box on the other side of the flume from the first and two more on either side just before the bend. I'm assuming these are to protect sensors or something?

View attachment 697569
Work Animals I tell ya!

FettFan

No human is able to talk to the animals only once Tiana is a frog can she understand them. The only animals who talk to a human are Naveen and Tiana who presumably can only do so because they were humans.*

*Except Mamma Oodie but that is presumably part of her good voodoo powers.

The problem is that it’s a spotty trait that isn’t written well and only exists to deliver exposition.

There are other animals that don’t talk, such as the turtle that pops up during Down on the Bayou and Mama Odie’s pet snake.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

View attachment 697569

That makes a lot of sense. In an earlier picture you can see something in that area where the box was put.

1676049216725.png

SpectreJordan

The more I think about it…the new ride should have been Brother Bear.

Talking animals ✅
Actual mountains and waterfall scenes ✅
Takes place in the North American frontier, thus keeping with the “Frontierland” theme. ✅

Added bonus “Brer” is just the southern dialect of “Brother”. So there was already “Brother Bear” in there from the get go.
Honestly, I really like this idea. A log flume ride with the Brother Bear theming could be great & the drop would be easier to explain.

But I don't think going from the old west & cowboys to the Canadian wilderness is that much of a difference than going to the New Orleans Bayou. Or Georgia for that matter. It's not apart of the USA, so that aspect of the theming would get broken up.

Maybe they could do a North America expansion for Animal Kingdom & do this idea there though.

FettFan

But I don't think going from the old west & cowboys to the Canadian wilderness is that much of a difference than going to the New Orleans Bayou. Or Georgia for that matter.

I think the big thing for me is that PatF is clearly set post-WWI, when we had the cultural shift of the Roaring 20s; Louis is a jazz trumpeter, Charlotte is clearly a half-step away from entering flapper-hood, electric streetcars are now rolling through the city, having replaced the old horse-drawn carts.

Even though Brother Bear takes place at the end of the last ice age (8,000-10,000 years ago) it still feels closer to the frontier than jazz music and electricity. Just remove the mammoths and it would easily double as the early 1800s Pacific Northwest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom