News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

_caleb

If your most positive thing to say about the thematic fit is they "might" be able to make it work when we already know the time period as well as the place is an odd choice, means you already agree that it is not a good fit choice from the get go.
I don’t agree. No need to put words in my mouth. I’ve talked about what I like and what I don’t, and what I’m waiting to see.
You can like things about it, it does not make it a good thematic fit.
I’ll like whatever I please. And even though you keep posting that it’s not going to be a good thematic fit, that’s just your opinion.
This goes back to the reputation that you have.
I knew you guys talk about me behind my back at your secret meetings!

Seriously, let’s get along! I like to talk about Disney stuff and I try to treat people with respect. You seem like a thoughtful person, and you took the time to go back and forth with me tonight. I appreciate that.

Tha Realest

1) Leah Chase was a real person, with a real existence, albeit decades after the film takes place
2) I’ve not seen any indication her business were employee owned cooperatives, though those also existed
3) Louisana, and the bayou in particular, are at very low elevations
4) One of the few high elevation locales in Louisana is a few hundred miles away on Avery Island, which is a real salt mine where slavery and indentured servitude occurred
5) One of the largest cultural celebrations on New Orleans is Mardi Gras

Is this intended to be a travelogue? Not necessarily. But in striving for realism (explaining elevations) and a need to remake Tiana into a benevolent titan of industry, it leads to some internal incongruences. I don’t know you get to brag about how much work you’ve put into being authentic when you‘re fighting against actual historical timelines and physical geography at the same time.

FettFan

1) Leah Chase was a real person, with a real existence, albeit decades after the film takes place
2) I’ve not seen any indication her business were employee owned cooperatives, though those also existed
3) Louisana, and the bayou in particular, are at very low elevations
4) One of the few high elevation locales in Louisana is a few hundred miles away on Avery Island, which is a real salt mine where slavery and indentured servitude occurred
5) One of the largest cultural celebrations on New Orleans is Mardi Gras

Is this intended to be a travelogue? Not necessarily. But in striving for realism (explaining elevations) and a need to remake Tiana into a benevolent titan of industry, it leads to some internal incongruences. I don’t know you get to brag about how much work you’ve put into being authentic when you‘re fighting against actual historical timelines and physical geography at the same time.

And lord knows if they showed Mardi Gras from the region around Avery Island, some joker with a stick up their butt would somehow scream racism.

But it would be worth it to see Tiana and company chasing down a chicken for the communal gumbo.

ToTBellHop

This came up in my Twitter feed yesterday. I’m assuming there is no truth to this?

That’s a bit of a reach by someone trying to force a narrative. That’s not why Indy’s refurb began in January and not November.

And DL’s Splash will definitely close. The public “backlash” is from a small number of fanboys. Most people who are even aware of this project have no idea what the co-op story is (and, I imagine, they won’t when they ride, either).

”If Iger gets his way,” makes me laugh. He’s the freakin’ CEO!

Ghost93

That’s a bit of a reach by someone trying to force a narrative. That’s not why Indy’s refurb began in January and not November.

And DL’s Splash will definitely close. The public “backlash” is from a small number of fanboys. Most people who are even aware of this project have no idea what the co-op story is (and, I imagine, they won’t when they ride, either).
Yeah, if any of the two Splash Mountains were less likely to close, it would have been the Magic Kingdom's, as that one is located in the more conservative-leaning Florida. Disneyland is in the very liberal California. There is NO WAY the California park would keep the Song of the South attraction while the park in DeSantis's state gets the Tiana makeover. 🤣

ToTBellHop

Sourced almost verbatim from the following.

1675953950665.gif

Drdcm

IDK, I think the idea that ANYONE has a "reputation" on an obscure Disney forum is kind of hilarious.

Sounds fake to me. Forget taking it "with a grain of salt." Take it with a mine full of salt! 😉
Eh. There are some people I consistently dislike on this forum,. That being said, I don’t mind people disagreeing with me. Some of our social skills and empathy could use some work though 😒

FWIW, it’s not anyone consistently engaging in this discussion.

MerlinTheGoat

The only hope at this point is that Disney's financial belt tightening doesn't affect this project's budget. One would think they've got it locked in, but they have cut attraction budgets in the middle of construction before.

ToTBellHop

The only hope at this point is that Disney's financial belt tightening doesn't affect this project's budget. One would think they've got it locked in, but they have cut attraction budgets in the middle of construction before.
Louis will be played by a large bear who identifies as an alligator to save money.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This idea that the Board fired Chapek and brought in Iger to immediately fight with him over TBA is laughable.

TBA is the last of the Board’s concerns.

I get that we like to pretend most people feel like we do, but they really don’t.

The only part that I could have seen even being remotely true would be Chapek canning it in an attempt to improve his image with the fan base (while also canning it to save a dollar).

Tha Realest

Why? This project and it’s budget should be treated just as every other one.

Tha Realest

Since Tiana is the paragon of employee owned companies, the labor unions should forego their wage increases and donate a portion of their salary towards the budget of this ride. They should also forego future wages by sharing in some of the profits of rhe ILL sales.

It’ll keep in the spirit of the storyline. Win win all around.

jinx8402

Lot's of people twisting themselves in knots in taking the "inspired by" and reading it as "based on". They are two totally different definitions in story telling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom