News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

_caleb

They're similar but I would say Italian zeppoles are doughier and less airy.
You're thinking of funnel cake... or is it churros? Sopapillas? Elephant ears? Sfenj? Buñuelos? Bomboloni? Munkki? Balushahi? Sonhos? Pączki? Jalebi? Malasadas? Youtiao? Koeksisters?

save dunkin donuts GIF

I love all the fried doughs!
For some reason, I’m suddenly very hungry…

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

They're similar but I would say Italian zeppoles are doughier and less airy.
I was going to say that's how my Italian grandma makes them. Although I was recently in New Orleans for the first time and was disappointed by the Cafe Du Monde beignets, I felt they were very doughy and not as airy as people make them out to be. (Don't stone me) But I prefer the ones at POFQ to Cafe Du Monde.

In the Parks
No
I was going to say that's how my Italian grandma makes them. Although I was recently in New Orleans for the first time and was disappointed by the Cafe Du Monde beignets, I felt they were very doughy and not as airy as people make them out to be. (Don't stone me) But I prefer the ones at POFQ to Cafe Du Monde.
That's funny, I actually like the doughy type better than the airy ones! To each their own!

the_rich

Mine as well.. traditionally they were made with leftover pizza dough

PREMiERdrum

I was recently in New Orleans for the first time and was disappointed by the Cafe Du Monde beignets, I felt they were very doughy and not as airy as people make them out to be. (Don't stone me) But I prefer the ones at POFQ to Cafe Du Monde.
New Orleans is my favorite place to be, but the Du Monde experience has been incredibly inconsistent since COVID. Beignets are very, very temperamental to make, which doesn't help.

FWIW, my favorite beignets in the city are from Streetcar Cafe on St. Charles. Great little local spot.

Smiley/OCD

Mine as well.. traditionally they were made with leftover pizza dough
Yup, that’s how most of the pizzerias make them along with the garlic knots…there’s one place on the boardwalk in Seaside that makes French fries and zeppoles, no pizza…they’re not lead sinkers…but that’s true dough AND the type of oil matters…

the_rich

Yup, that’s how most of the pizzerias make them along with the garlic knots…there’s one place on the boardwalk in Seaside that makes French fries and zeppoles, no pizza…they’re not lead sinkers…but that’s true dough AND the type of oil matters…
I make them from scratch on occasion and they are labor intensive and hard to get just right

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom