News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

At least this is one good thing to come out of the switch to Tiana's mountain.
but it is in the old McDonald's French Fry hut...lol Not connected to Tiana Mountain at all....The winning idea would have been putting a Cafe Du Monde style eater actually within the Tiana's Food Co Op Salt Mine and Foods Factory courtyard area...to tie it all together... Or to just make Tall Tale Cafe over into Tiana's Palace and retheme that whole corner to New Orleans riverfront.... Until they can move the real Frontierland to the "Beyond Big Thunder" plot, it is just going to be a strange mish-mash thematically.
but yay, fried doughnuts! take THAT Epic Universe! lol

gerarar

Premium Member
Those look so much better than the garbage we had from Tiana's Palace in Disneyland a few weeks ago.
Interesting, I’ve always enjoyed the ones at Disneyland. A couple times I’ve gotten ones that were probably sitting too long.
We found them hit and miss when we were there in November.

We had a 2 hour callback to pick up our beignets, and when we did (after riding Pirates and HM nearby), some of them were hard and cold, and some were warm and soft. Seems like we got a mix of different batches, but after paying and waiting 2 hours for them, we were slightly disappointed. We would've went back and asked for newer ones, but the lines and crowds were insane in that little corridor we just shrugged it off and continued to our next rides.

I prefer churros still though, and had like 6 that day lol

Smiley/OCD

We have a version of them on the Jersey boardwalk…up here, they’re called zeppoles, an Italian dessert of fried dough with powdered sugar…delish!

Attachments

• IMG_5634.jpeg
    IMG_5634.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 41

Brer Oswald

adding this here as pheneix stated in his rumor and musings thread:
Btw. The Tiana ride will be quite elaborate. Lots of animatronics. Most are not cheap. They did some follow thru on using all that ride path to tell a story of… something. It’s gonna have some cool tech. The big drop is still there.

The technical prowess and production value I anticipate will be very good. Ppl who say it’s a cheap overlay are wrong. To a point. I’ll touch that one later.
“To a point”. Based on everything we know seems to suggest a lot of the budget went into the handful of A1000s this ride will have. Meanwhile, they kinda cheaper out in the look of the outside. Which is what it is, but I’m gonna need some numbers. What’s the total number of figures? Say it’s 50. Is it “50 A1000s” or is is it 17 with the remaining 33 being limited motion/static? Remember that Disney counts the 40 Stormtroopers (80% of which have no motion) as animatronic figures.

drizgirl

We found them hit and miss when we were there in November.

We had a 2 hour callback to pick up our beignets, and when we did (after riding Pirates and HM nearby), some of them were hard and cold, and some were warm and soft. Seems like we got a mix of different batches, but after paying and waiting 2 hours for them, we were slightly disappointed. We would've went back and asked for newer ones, but the lines and crowds were insane in that little corridor we just shrugged it off and continued to our next rides.

I prefer churros still though, and had like 6 that day lol
We carried ours back to our hotel so they were cold. I was prepared for that, but I wasn't prepared for just how tart the lemon was (and I love lemon). No temperature change would have helped that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom