Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240130_174217.jpg
20240130_174224.jpg
20240130_174420.jpg
20240130_174502.jpg
20240130_174710.jpg

Nothing new today besides a horrible look at the (now) uncovered track going into the finale and flowers ready to be installed on the water tower previously mentioned by DCBaker.

Bocabear

I’m not applauding them. Not sure how that post can be considered applauding them. I am also not a DVC’er.
It was not so much pointed at you, but a general statement...By saying it is stagnating and they better have something at D23 for new plans....and then then saying you will never stop going to the park, you are essentially rewarding them for their stagnation...When they start to notice a tick in their bottom line, they will start thinking about actually doing something...

Surferboy567

It was not so much pointed at you, but a general statement...By saying it is stagnating and they better have something at D23 for new plans....and then then saying you will never stop going to the park, you are essentially rewarding them for their stagnation...When they start to notice a tick in their bottom line, they will start thinking about actually doing something...
That’s a fair statement, my point is they need to start investing. More irreparable damage will be caused if they don’t on top of what’s already happened.

I will also admit that yes, it would be rewarding them by going but I’ll also be going to epic. So it maybe less days then normal.

Disstevefan1

I sincerely think D23 will be much of the same.... nothing, just a bunch of what if's

I think Disney is waiting for EPIC and will react if needed.

Surferboy567

I sincerely think D23 will be much of the same.... nothing, just a bunch of what if's

I hope you’re wrong, it could go either way though. I think this year does offer a higher shot of offering something. That’s why I want to go to this years D23.

Drdcm

Disney is the king of action. They listen to us. They love us.

We were clamoring for new attractions, and what did they do? They gave us a brand new Country Bears Jamboree!

Now kneel and be grateful you worm!

MerlinTheGoat

I doubt that Splash redo costs the same as Epic…
Indeed, try several billion. Diagon Alley was estimated at somewhere around $400 million.

Tiana from what I was told has a hefty budget for overhaul standards. I don't know an exact figure, greater than the initial $30-$40 million figure that was being thrown around back in 2020 before the project drastically changed and became more ambitious. But still well under something as ridiculous as Cosmic Rewind's $500 million.

aladdin2007

adding this here as pheneix stated in his rumor and musings thread:
Btw. The Tiana ride will be quite elaborate. Lots of animatronics. Most are not cheap. They did some follow thru on using all that ride path to tell a story of… something. It’s gonna have some cool tech. The big drop is still there.

The technical prowess and production value I anticipate will be very good. Ppl who say it’s a cheap overlay are wrong. To a point. I’ll touch that one later.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Why is all this Galaxies Edge talk in this thread? I just want to read about a log flume!
This thread will serve to update on construction progress, new storyline details, and other details specific to Tiana's Bayou Adventure.
Any posters who strays off topic will have their post removed and may be banned from future participation.

MerlinTheGoat

adding this here as pheneix stated in his rumor and musings thread:
Btw. The Tiana ride will be quite elaborate. Lots of animatronics. Most are not cheap. They did some follow thru on using all that ride path to tell a story of… something. It’s gonna have some cool tech. The big drop is still there.

The technical prowess and production value I anticipate will be very good. Ppl who say it’s a cheap overlay are wrong. To a point. I’ll touch that one later.
And that was in a sea of otherwise extremely depressing (but also fairly accurate) negativity. One constant i've heard from most people is that Tiana should at least be "impressive" in regards to a lot of the details that fans of Splash (and other classic attractions similar to it) value. I'm also no longer particularly concerned about the animatronics situation (quality or even quantity) being a disappointment given what I've heard and what plenty of others have said.

But whether the storyline and all of that can come together to create a logical and quality experience remains to be seen. I'm a bit more skeptical on this. My source is optimistic though, so we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom