News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

co10064

Premium Member
Random thought but if Tiana’s goes on virtual queue what happens to TRON?

Did this happen in the studios with Rise and Runaway Railway with two attraction on VQ?

Does Guardians stay in a VQ system?

They may run into some problems if they only limit to one VQ a day at MK, everyone will basically have to choose between Tiana’s and TRON. It isn’t a problem to plan around it for me, but it’s definitely added stress. This lead to me not even being able to experience TRON at all during my recent marathon weekend trip. Boarding groups seem like an issue for this attraction. Not really a fan of boarding groups at all, I can see how they seem appealing on paper but in practice it’s a different story.
They have the capability to run multiple virtual queues within the same park, but operationally I don't think it will happen.

Brer Oswald

Random thought but if Tiana’s goes on virtual queue what happens to TRON?

Did this happen in the studios with Rise and Runaway Railway with two attraction on VQ?

Does Guardians stay in a VQ system?

They may run into some problems if they only limit to one VQ a day at MK, everyone will basically have to choose between Tiana’s and TRON. It isn’t a problem to plan around it for me, but it’s definitely added stress. This lead to me not even being able to experience TRON at all during my recent marathon weekend trip. Boarding groups seem like an issue for this attraction. Not really a fan of boarding groups at all, I can see how they seem appealing on paper but in practice it’s a different story.
I’ve been wondering myself. Worth noting that Runaway Railway did not have a VQ at DHS. It just went straight to standby (though it did have an Individual Lightning Lane for some time).

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I’ve been wondering myself. Worth noting that Runaway Railway did not have a VQ at DHS. It just went straight to standby (though it did have an Individual Lightning Lane for some time).

This ride system IMO doesn’t lend itself to a VQ. It’s very popular at park opening and during the middle of the day but as the day goes on, fewer and fewer folks want to ride a flume ride and possibly spend the evening drenched.

It makes the most sense that this opens standby and ILL and SDMT comes off but I can’t see that happening.

co10064

Premium Member
This ride system IMO doesn’t lend itself to a VQ. It’s very popular at park opening and during the middle of the day but as the day goes on, fewer and fewer folks want to ride a flume ride and possibly spend the evening drenched.

It makes the most sense that this opens standby and ILL and SDMT comes off but I can’t see that happening.
I am going to be very disappointed if all three rides are ILL (not included with normal Genie)... but I am 90% sure that will happen.

JohnD

Universal is expected to reveal Epic Universe tomorrow morning, Jan 30.

I'm posting that here because Disney might move up the Tiana announcements currently planned for Mardi Gras, Feb. 13, to Feb. 1, the first day of Black History Month, as a punch back to Universal.

I hope Tiana gets its own moment with Mardi Gras, but anything seems possible at this point. It's safe to say the next couple of days and weeks will be fun.
I can see Uni clapping back at Disney with a backhanded compliment. Something like this: "Congratulations to Disney for their re-worked attraction. We hope it makes a splash and is EPIC!"

Brer Oswald

It might need a VQ for opening day/weekend, but it’ll be really pointless after that.

lewisc

They have the capability to run multiple virtual queues within the same park, but operationally I don't think it will happen.
Before the opening of Tron posters didn't think Disney would run VQ for more then 1 attraction.

I don't think Disney wants the 3 hour + waits FoP had at opening. Pictures of long lines isn't a good show.

Last edited:

Bocabear

I’m excited for this attraction and think it stands a shot of being decent. Even with me saying that this is laughable. Tiana is gonna take away from a totally new park with much of the most famous brands in the world? I’m not even that much of a Uni fan but I’m super excited for Epic Universe.

This is what happens when you don’t invest in your parks. I’ve been very nice, but you know what everyone needs to vent every once and a while. Absolutely dumb decision, Disney is supposed to be a leader in the theme parks space not a reactor. They BETTER have something at D23. If they don’t it’s curtains for them for another 2 years and then how ever long it takes them to build the thing. I won’t stop going to Disney as it really is a great experience (could be better), but they really need to step it up and invest NOW and not in 5-6 years.
Why would they bother....you are telling them that they have your money and loyalty even if they do nothing...So while they de-theme their groundbreaking Themed hotels and allow the parks to stagnate you will still applaud them... Maybe you could drop off a strongly worded letter to them when you book your next vacation and buy some more DVC points....that would show 'em!

tanc

Epic Universe had a ton of news just announced. I still kind of hope they wait for Mardi Gras to reveal anything.

I've always thought VQ was a quick patch up solution to solving queue issues. For some reason, Disney thinks standing in line for a long time means it's a failure (according to Chapek) so they were in a pickle.

I miss the days of being guaranteed the ability to ride something without having to worry about getting up at 7am or logging on at 1pm. Fundamentally it's a capacity issue and they don't care about it anymore.

Disstevefan1

Why would they bother....you are telling them that they have your money and loyalty even if they do nothing...So while they de-theme their groundbreaking Themed hotels and allow the parks to stagnate you will still applaud them... Maybe you could drop off a strongly worded letter to them when you book your next vacation and buy some more DVC points....that would show 'em!
Disney wont lose their die-hard fans. The die-hard fans show up and have a good time no matter the offerings. I think we can classify most DVCers as die-hard fans.

UNCgolf

Epic Universe had a ton of news just announced. I still kind of hope they wait for Mardi Gras to reveal anything.

I've always thought VQ was a quick patch up solution to solving queue issues. For some reason, Disney thinks standing in line for a long time means it's a failure (according to Chapek) so they were in a pickle.

I miss the days of being guaranteed the ability to ride something without having to worry about getting up at 7am or logging on at 1pm. Fundamentally it's a capacity issue and they don't care about it anymore.

If Disney truly thought having to stand in line for rides means it's a failure, they'd be building 10 new rides at every park and capping attendance.

Last edited:

optjay

Disney wont lose their die-hard fans. The die-hard fans show up and have a good time no matter the offerings. I think we can classify most DVCers as die-hard fans.

With the opening of EPIC, Disney may lose many "normies" who are really excited about EPIC.

Been a "DVCer" since 1998, a die-hard fan, for ever, and only visited Universal once, before Islands of adventure opened. never had any desire to leave Disney property... till now. I'll use my DVC, rent a car, and head out as soon as it opens. Disney can keep their new cup cakes.

Disstevefan1

Been a "DVCer" since 1998, a die-hard fan, for ever, and only visited Universal once, before Islands of adventure opened. never had any desire to leave Disney property... till now. I'll use my DVC, rent a car, and head out as soon as it opens. Disney can keep their new cup cakes.
Totally understood.

If EPIC can turn enough die-hard Disney fans, Universal/IOA/EPIC can put a significant dent in WDW visitors.

One thing I am confident of. Disney will wait and see and only react if needed.

TrainsOfDisney

It might need a VQ for opening day/weekend, but it’ll be really pointless after that.
True but that hasn’t stopped them with other attractions.

I don't think Disney wants the 3 hour + waits FoP had at opening. Pictures of long lines isn't a good show.
They don’t seem to mind when the parks are packed and people wait that long for Soarin and test track. Don’t make Disney greed look like charity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom