News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SplashJacket

Splash Mountain: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure would’ve been a lot more tasteful

Also they could’ve done Guardian’s of the Galaxy: Tower of Terror
Terrible name for Guardians.

It's not supposed to be a Tower, let alone Terror. That just brings attention to the ride system and lowers the immersion.

Suggests a simple overlay (which it isn't, it's a full redesign using the old ride system).

Bayou Adventure is fine, albeit falling victim to the overuse of Adventure.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

Screenshot_20240129_160315_Discord.jpg

Looks like Mama Odie's spoonbills are arriving

Last edited:

zipadee999

Terrible name for Guardians.

It's not supposed to be a Tower, let alone Terror. That just brings attention to the ride system and lowers the immersion.

Suggests a simple overlay (which it isn't, it's a full redesign using the old ride system).

Bayou Adventure is fine, albeit falling victim to the overuse of Adventure.
I think Bayou adventure is a horrible name, sounds lame and generic with no inclination of thrill or getting wet. Splash Mountain is iconic and has a place in the ‘Disney mountains’ branding. Guests, especially tweens, want to ‘conquer’ all of the mountains during their visit, and now splash isn’t branded as one even though it still contains the same thrill. Even if they didn’t want to use the old name, at least say ‘Tiana’s Bayou Falls or Tiana’s Bayou Splashdown’ just so people can still think of it as one of the trademark Disney thrills

Guardians has a good name as is. I’m perfectly fine with mission breakout as a name and think it’s cool. I was just proving a point as to what a name could be that told guests ‘look it’s everything you loved about TOT but new and shiny!’ I see your point though, something as drastically different as TOT is to Guardians deserves a completely fresh and new name.

Disstevefan1

Tiana's Foods will likely have something on the wall in the office labeled "Alumni Snapshot," where they talk about the accomplishments of those who worked for the company. (rearrange the letters in "alumni snapshot" ;) )
T r O p H y :D👍 Very good. I do not think the current Imagineers have the imagination to do this.

If we do see this in the attraction, we will know two things:
@imagineer97 invented it.
Imagineers read forums.wdwmagic.com.

Last edited:

tanc

mountain side.png

Honestly I've fine with everything else so far but I really hope this is still being painted. Really looks off putting, but the colors just don't work at all to me. I'm going to guess this part is incomplete, because if it is complete then what an oof.

Brer Oswald

Bayou Adventure is like calling a haunted house “haunted mansion“ and Disney can do better than such generic, comic-book-amusement-park names! Next, they‘ll open a popcorn cart and call it “popcorn cart.”
Nah it would be like if we called the Haunted Mansion “Gracey’s Haunted Adventure” or PotC “Jack’s Pirate Town Adventure”. It worked fine for Snow White in 1955, but I didn’t really need to see the nomenclature be repeated.

Disstevefan1

View attachment 765787

Honestly I've fine with everything else so far but I really hope this is still being painted. Really looks off putting, but the colors just don't work at all to me. I'm going to guess this part is incomplete, because if it is complete then what an oof.
This cant possibly be finished. They must be still working on whatever they are trying to do..

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Universal is expected to reveal Epic Universe tomorrow morning, Jan 30.

I'm posting that here because Disney might move up the Tiana announcements currently planned for Mardi Gras, Feb. 13, to Feb. 1, the first day of Black History Month, as a punch back to Universal.

I hope Tiana gets its own moment with Mardi Gras, but anything seems possible at this point. It's safe to say the next couple of days and weeks will be fun.

JoeCamel

I'm posting that here because Disney might move up the Tiana announcements currently planned for Mardi Gras, Feb. 13, to Feb. 1, the first day of Black History Month, as a punch back to Universal.

I hope Tiana gets its own moment with Mardi Gras, but anything seems possible at this point. It's safe to say the next couple of days and weeks will be fun.
When Universal opens up the Epic gates everyone will be too busy looking at the models and art to even notice a TBA blurb. Better to wait a couple of weeks. I mean it's a whole new park not a reskin of a 25yo ride.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

I wouldn't put it past them, honestly. They know deep inside that they have close to nothing to combat EU with, unless they too can pull a park out in a year or whenever EU is supposed to open. If not Tiana, probably something about Beyond Thunder or Dinoland.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

This is really funny. An entirely new theme park vs one retheme of a 30 year old ride.

Surferboy567

Random thought but if Tiana’s goes on virtual queue what happens to TRON?

Did this happen in the studios with Rise and Runaway Railway with two attraction on VQ?

Does Guardians stay in a VQ system?

They may run into some problems if they only limit to one VQ a day at MK, everyone will basically have to choose between Tiana’s and TRON. It isn’t a problem to plan around it for me, but it’s definitely added stress. This lead to me not even being able to experience TRON at all during my recent marathon weekend trip. Boarding groups seem like an issue for this attraction. Not really a fan of boarding groups at all, I can see how they seem appealing on paper but in practice it’s a different story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom