News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JD80

What is the demand for this attraction outside of the Disney purists? I don’t see any casuals talking about it. For most people, they seem to think it’ll be the “same ride” with slightly different visuals. It doesn’t have the same buzz around it that Avatar, Harry Potter, or Star Wars did. I can’t see the waits being THAT long after the first week, unless Disney does something to artificially inflate it.

That's because Disney hasn't been marketing it to anyone other than people who read DisneyParksBlog.

If you're not a parks fan, the only way you can reasonably know this ride is being updates is being there in the parks and seeing the walls.

Also where would you be to notice casuals talking about it?

Tha Realest

That's because Disney hasn't been marketing it to anyone other than people who read DisneyParksBlog.

If you're not a parks fan, the only way you can reasonably know this ride is being updates is being there in the parks and seeing the walls.

Also where would you be to notice casuals talking about it?
It’s been featured in numerous snippets on GMA, which as a much farther reach than the Disney Parks blog

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
The pictures look nice but a little busy. Curious if it looks better in person? In the pictures it is just green everywhere and there is nowhere for your eyes to rest. Nothing to break up the green mass.
IMO, it really does look nice in person, and I like it more each visit, but I do agree with you about the green literally everywhere and not having a main peak to look at like Splash had. The water tower 100% helps from certain angles but even then there are many places where the cypress trees actually block it from up close, so I'm looking forward to how it looks without the walls.

SpectreJordan

What is the demand for this attraction outside of the Disney purists? I don’t see any casuals talking about it. For most people, they seem to think it’ll be the “same ride” with slightly different visuals. It doesn’t have the same buzz around it that Avatar, Harry Potter, or Star Wars did. I can’t see the waits being THAT long after the first week, unless Disney does something to artificially inflate it.
It's a super controversial ride, this will garner a lot of attention when it's finished.

mitchk

Just now
IMG_2625.jpeg
IMG_2626.jpeg
IMG_2625.jpeg
IMG_2633.jpeg
IMG_2632.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpeg
    IMG_2627.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2628.jpeg
    IMG_2628.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2629.jpeg
    IMG_2629.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2631.jpeg
    IMG_2631.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2630.jpeg
    IMG_2630.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 43
In the Parks
No
If it had to change, a unique, impactful name would’ve been nice. It feels like it was named by the marketing team instead of clever imagineers (they still exist, right?)
Well, there is precedent for them changing a name after the ride opens. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor originally was MILF: Comedy Club, wasn't it? Toy Story Mania changed its name ten years after it opened.

ToTBellHop

The ride is Bayou Adventure, “Tiana’s” is there as an IP identifier.

When I look at it, Splash Mountain or Bayou Adventure don’t seem that far off from each other. There is nothing monumental with either name, and they both get the job done.
Bayou Adventure is like calling a haunted house “haunted mansion“ and Disney can do better than such generic, comic-book-amusement-park names! Next, they‘ll open a popcorn cart and call it “popcorn cart.”

ToTBellHop

Crazy talk. They would never do such a thing.
Even I have to admit it’s a silly argument once I think about it. Most of the classics, in particular, have names that are rather on the nose. No one wants Jungle Cruise to be renamed Dwayne’s Jungle Jam: It Rocks! Fondness toward Splash’s name is really just indicative of our fondness for the ride.

No one actually knows what the hell Space Mountain is so we just think, “eh, it was the ‘70s…”

Disney Analyst

Even I have to admit it’s a silly argument once I think about it. Most of the classics, in particular, have names that are rather on the nose. No one wants Jungle Cruise to be renamed Dwayne’s Jungle Jam: It Rocks! Fondness toward Splash’s name is really just indicative of our fondness for the ride.

No one actually knows what the hell Space Mountain is so we just think, “eh, it was the ‘70s…”

Exactly - Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is not some deviation from the ride name trend. If anything, it’s one of the simpler names they’ve done in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom