News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TrainsOfDisney

Yes, I know they're not as heavy as they look. Same goes for the falling rocks in BTM, but they were still removed permanently after it allegedly freaked the lawyers out.

If they hang a crate from a crane directly overhead guest heads on TBA, i'll admit I was wrong. It will surprise me if they do that.
Well…. A rock falling onto a guest would indeed freak some people out.
There’s still many who prefer ToT but the vast majority stopped being negative when the positive reviews started coming in.
And I’ll admit we are in the minority - almost all of my friends prefer guardians tower.

Brer Panther

You're right, we don't yet know what (if anything) they'll offer as an explanation for the logs.
I honestly don't think we need an explanation for the logs. Splash Mountain didn't have one, and Peter Pan's Flight doesn't explain the multiple flying pirate ships when there was only one (much larger) one in the movie.
Disney doesn't seem to want to fix it.
Of course Iger doesn't want to fix it. Why should they waste money repairing something in that "nondescript coaster that maybe is themed to India or whatever"?

And in regards to the rumors from that podcast @EagleScout610 brought up... honestly, they sound awful. Why is Mama Odie shrinking us down to the size of a "critter" (which critter specifically? A frog? A beaver? A rabbit?) in the first place?

And the Laughin' Place is gonna be full of screens? Yeesh...

Touchdown

I honestly don't think we need an explanation for the logs. Splash Mountain didn't have one, and Peter Pan's Flight doesn't explain the multiple flying pirate ships when there was only one (much larger) one in the movie.

Of course Iger doesn't want to fix it. Why should they waste money repairing something in that "nondescript coaster that maybe is themed to India or whatever"?

And in regards to the rumors from that podcast @EagleScout610 brought up... honestly, they sound awful. Why is Mama Odie shrinking us down to the size of a "critter" (which critter specifically? A frog? A Pig? A Cow? A goat?
FTFY

Tha Realest

And in regards to the rumors from that podcast @EagleScout610 brought up... honestly, they sound awful. Why is Mama Odie shrinking us down to the size of a "critter" (which critter specifically? A frog? A beaver? A rabbit?) in the first place?

And the Laughin' Place is gonna be full of screens? Yeesh...
They shrink you down to critter size and send you to Universal Studios?

TrainsOfDisney

Smiley/OCD

Look up in the various theaters and you’ll see all kinds of lights, fans, speakers, etc. which could all fall as well if not properly installed, maintained, and inspected.
Yes, and they can still fall if they’re properly installed, maintained and inspected…we had a fast, casual restaurant called Quaker Steak& Lube…decorated like a garage…great concept that unfortunately failed & went out of business. They had a ‘57 Chevy hanging upside down from the ceiling…needless to say I never sat in the tables underneath it…

djkidkaz

Maybe it warrants people stating what their expectations and standards are for the ride. I'm curious what yours are.

For this ride to be at all acceptable by MY standards, it needs to contain at least the same amount of AA's that Splash had (of an equal or better quality). They need to properly fill out the scenes as well, i'd better not see the finale for instance only have a fraction of what Splash had. And the scenery itself needs to be high quality and not overly reliant on flat projections at the expense of physical detail.

I would also add that they need to theme the area above you just like splash had with the tree branches and leaves. That seems to be a lost necessity for imagineering, in which they focus on what’s on your left and right but above you will be duct work just painted black.

MerlinTheGoat

I would also add that they need to theme the area above you just like splash had with the tree branches and leaves. That seems to be a lost necessity for imagineering, in which they focus on what’s on your left and right but above you will be duct work just painted black.
While I agree 100%, it looks like they're at least probably taking good care of the ceiling coverage. The interior shots from a month ago had plenty of foliage up there. That's one aspect i'm now fairly confident will be done right.

1705626035333.png

1705626053570.png

TrainsOfDisney

While I agree 100%, it looks like they're at least probably taking good care of the ceiling coverage. The interior shots from a month ago had plenty of foliage up there. That's one aspect i'm now fairly confident will be done right.

View attachment 763836
View attachment 763837
Eh…. Parts of Maelstrom to Frozen were done right and others were done crazy cheap. If they had gone all out to make Frozen special I wouldn’t be as annoyed. But snowflakes on screens where there used to be AA’s is not how to impress me.

Brer Panther

Also, wouldn't shrinking the riders down or turning the riders into a "critter" be too reminiscent of Tiana getting turned into a frog? Y'know, the thing that they're pointedly NOT doing in the ride, what with it being a sequel to the movie?

...and will this lead to the inclusion of a gigantic Tiana animatronic towering over the riders? I'd honestly kind of like to see that.

MerlinTheGoat

Eh…. Parts of Maelstrom to Frozen were done right and others were done crazy cheap. If they had gone all out to make Frozen special I wouldn’t be as annoyed. But snowflakes on screens where there used to be AA’s is not how to impress me.
I can't think of a single scene in Frozen that properly filled out and hid the ceiling. Even the scene at the beginning with Olaf. That's probably the best looking scene in the ride, and they did use a bit of ice-covered vines there, but it's not particularly dense and the blank ceiling and wall space (along with mechanical stuff) is extremely visible if you look up or on the other side.

Your point about some scenes potentially being better decorated than others is a possibility. However, I will still at least say that the shot they shared of TBA's interior already looks better filled out than ANY of Frozen's scenes. They seem to have kept the original trees and branches inside the ride, and it's not a huge deal to just swap out old greenery with new. I expect if nothing else, the ride will have ample foliage inside (and certainly outside).

From what I've heard, they actually went overboard and purchased more than enough foliage needed for the ride. As in WAY too much. Enough to do stuff with another attraction. You might even be able to deduce which one i'm referring to.

One recent ride that did a really great job at ceiling coverage was Navi River. Probably one of the reasons why I enjoy the ride and often defend it (despite its other flaws).

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I can't think of a single scene in Frozen that properly filled out and hid the ceiling. Even the scene at the beginning with Olaf. That's probably the best looking scene in the ride, and they did use a bit of ice-covered vines there, but it's not particularly dense and the blank ceiling and wall space (along with mechanical stuff) is extremely visible if you look up or on the other side.

Your point about some scenes potentially being better decorated than others is a possibility. However, I will still at least say that the shot they shared of TBA's interior already looks better filled out than ANY of Frozen's scenes. They seem to have kept the original trees and branches inside the ride, and it's not a huge deal to just swap out old greenery with new. I expect if nothing else, the ride will have ample foliage inside (and certainly outside).

From what I've heard, they actually went overboard and purchased more than enough foliage needed for the ride. As in WAY too much. Enough to do stuff with another attraction. You might even be able to deduce which one i'm referring to.

One recent ride that did a really great job at ceiling coverage was Navi River. Probably one of the reasons why I enjoy the ride and often defend it (despite its other flaws).
yeah but for the outside or inside?

Brer Oswald

I’m glad they are keeping the ceilings covered. My one concern is that too much of the set design and set pieces end up being just foliage.

Aside from the animatronics, there were always cute little gags to look at in splash. Funny signs, critter houses, tiny bridges, pots and pans, rolling hills with details in the “distance”, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom