News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

I interpreted it as the band is gonna be where Bre'r Frog and the first fishing goose is as soon as you enter, then around the first bend Louis replaces the trio of Geese, and then Tiana would be on the hill where Bre'r Fox and Bear used to be.
I’m not so sure Louis would be able to fit there.

Brer Oswald

Personally, I think 7/4/24 more than 5/27/24. 4 months from now seems a bit too ambitious. If they are installing AAs and letting reporters tour the ride, it’s certainly in the final stages of construction.
If it’s “relatively ready” by the end of may, they might do previews for a month. But a July grand opening would still be fine for hitting that vital “Summer period”.

The last thing they want to do is have it closed for another season of hot weather, so I’m sure they’re doing everything in their power to get it open as soon as they can.

_caleb

Have we seen any indication of firefly effects on the exterior or queue areas? The concept art seemed to suggest they were going to include this.

As a fan of PoTC’s fireflies, I’m really interested to see how they might achieve this outdoors (beyond just blinking LEDs).

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I interpreted it as the band is gonna be where Bre'r Frog and the first fishing goose is as soon as you enter, then around the first bend Louis replaces the trio of Geese, and then Tiana would be on the hill where Bre'r Fox and Bear used to be.

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-Rendering.png

I honestly think what we see here is going to be exactly what we get, not only because of the article yesterday, but from what Disney posted at the end of 2022. Tiana and Louis will be talking to us here, on top of the critter band - 8 animatronics in the first major scene we drop into. I think the NOLA article is referring to additional Animatronics later on in general, not that this scene has been modified.

"As you can see here, fireflies will light up the night and invite you deeper into the bayou … almost like they’re waving you forward. What you can’t tell from this rendering – so you’ll just have to trust me on this one – is that beautiful zydeco music will fill the air. Zydeco is a special blend of rhythm and blues that was born in Louisiana, and when you hear it, you’ll feel like you’ve truly stepped into Tiana’s world.

Here you’ll find Louis, who explains where this amazing music is coming from. Tiana made some new friends out here – a band full of adorable critters, including an otter, a rabbit, a racoon, a beaver, a turtle and others. The band members sing and play instruments made of natural materials they found in the bayou. It feels like they may have a bigger role to play in this story … but we’ll just have to wait and see on that one."

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I was hoping they'd just quietly drop the Tiana's co-op foods thing and just focus the ride on her exploring the Bayou. Just seems like an awkwardly forced component of the ride that isn't needed. She can explore the bayou regardless of the management structure of some food business she co-owns.
It's clear they needed a way to explain away her being human while in the swamp. Exploration on it's own didn't make sense, I guess. So we have this manufacturered hunt for the secret ingredient aspect and the food-co op addition. Guess Imagineering felt it was necessary. It's definitely a departure from her dream of opening a restaurant. The next logical step usually isn't "Food Co-Op" but hey, you do you Tiana.

The in-between is whats missing. The plot. We go from Restaurateur Tiana ---> owning a Food Co-Op ---> Tiana exploring the swamp. Solve for X.

Based on that, I'm assuming she's hunting for an elusive pepper for her Hot Sauce empire? Oh, and throwing a Mardi Gras office party.

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

The only place an Aladdin area would make any sense would be as another expansion of Fantasyland. And it would have to be properly sectioned off into its own sort of mini area to work so it doesn't clash.

There does happen to be a designated expansion plot outside the railroad track directly east of the Circus area. Tron did eat up around half of that plot (and also ruined the sightlines for pretty much anything else around it), but there's still a significant chunk left over that could fit some other things if they so desired. They could fit both a spinner AND another substantial sized dark ride in that space. Aladdin having never received a proper Pan-like suspended dark ride almost feels like some sort of crime...
make a cave of wonders dark ride entrance that hides tron!

_caleb

Everyone who is pushing back on the Tiana's Foods Co-op element and the presence of an "office," do you realize that this layer of the story isn't the main layer, but is a tried-and-true way to provide an in-story, on-theme explanation for the infrastructure of the ride?
  • Expedition Everest: Anandapur Rail Service, and Bob and Norbu's Himalayan Escapes
  • Indiana Jones: Sallah's guided tours to raise funds for the archeological excavation
  • Big Thunder Mountain: Barnabas T. Bullion mining operations owner
  • Jungle Cruise: The Jungle Navigation Company, Albert Falls AND Jungle Radio, Albert Awol
  • Kali River Rapids: Kali Rapids Expeditions
Most of these include an "office" in the queue, and help explain why there happens to be a ride vehicle in this environment.

Tiana's Foods Co-op brings TBA into alignment with the stories of these ideas for the same reasons, but I don't see endless posts complaining about Big Thunder being "a ride about a tycoon's mining operations."

Epcot82Guy

Everyone who is pushing back on the Tiana's Foods Co-op element and the presence of an "office," do you realize that this layer of the story isn't the main layer, but is a tried-and-true way to provide an in-story, on-theme explanation for the infrastructure of the ride?
  • Expedition Everest: Anandapur Rail Service, and Bob and Norbu's Himalayan Escapes
  • Indiana Jones: Sallah's guided tours to raise funds for the archeological excavation
  • Big Thunder Mountain: Barnabas T. Bullion mining operations owner
  • Jungle Cruise: The Jungle Navigation Company, Albert Falls AND Jungle Radio, Albert Awol
  • Kali River Rapids: Kali Rapids Expeditions
Most of these include an "office" in the queue, and help explain why there happens to be a ride vehicle in this environment.

Tiana's Foods Co-op brings TBA into alignment with the stories of these ideas for the same reasons, but I don't see endless posts complaining about Big Thunder being "a ride about a tycoon's mining operations."

I'm not sure I follow your argument. We'll have to wait, but the story is we are boarding Tiana Food's log-based transportation system? I'm not seeing how a flume ride system relates to a New Orleans-based food production facility in the Louisiana salt mines.

I totally agree that in each of the other attractions, the "office" creates the setting for the attraction. We then go into a secondary story - but still within that setting. I just don't think it works that well because the story we have so far involves too many things (a food production company in the Louisiana salt mines, a New Orleans party and a bayou adventure in a magical area of some type). Not saying it couldn't be done. It's just not the straightforward/consistent story each of your examples have.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I like the New Orleans music and radio station, maybe they could have the “real” radio station at WDW and let the former Citizens of Main Street / Hollywood perform it live? Or a nice little stage with live jazz music like they have in Disneyland.
If they don't drop a spotify playlist of the queue music istg
I doubt they will though

retr0gate

I'm not sure I follow your argument. We'll have to wait, but the story is we are boarding Tiana Food's log-based transportation system? I'm not seeing how a flume ride system relates to a New Orleans-based food production facility in the Louisiana salt mines.

I totally agree that in each of the other attractions, the "office" creates the setting for the attraction. We then go into a secondary story - but still within that setting. I just don't think it works that well because the story we have so far involves too many things (a food production company in the Louisiana salt mines, a New Orleans party and a bayou adventure in a magical area of some type). Not saying it couldn't be done. It's just not the straightforward/consistent story each of your examples have.
Log based transport? Maybe not, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume a food production facility would rule out some kind of water based transport altogether. Whether it's a log or an actual ship at that point feels arbitrary.

Disney Analyst

They use the water system to transport crates, which float along the river, and we happen to jump on logs also floating down the river to go on some sort of adventure into the bayou.

The end.

MerlinTheGoat

I wonder if the Disney+ Tiana series was supposed to be out by now and fill in some of the plot
The series was stated to take place after the events of the ride from what I recall. So I doubt it would have been very useful at filling any of the holes the ride had.

I'm kinda hoping they do something similar to the hanging barrels in Disneyland POTC where crates are being loaded right above your head as you board.
Something like that hanging over the heads of guests sounds like something the lawyers over at WDW would veto these days.

TrainsOfDisney

The series was stated to take place after the events of the ride from what I recall. So I doubt it would have been very useful at filling any of the holes the ride had.

Something like that hanging over the heads of guests sounds like something the lawyers over at WDW would veto these days.
I think they still exist in DL, and a similar effect with barrels overhead is in either Toad or Pinocchio at Disneyland (or both?)

Ayla

I was hoping they'd just quietly drop the Tiana's co-op foods thing and just focus the ride on her exploring the Bayou. Just seems like an awkwardly forced component of the ride that isn't needed. She can explore the bayou regardless of the management structure of some food business she co-owns.
I am 100% in favor of the re theme and I agree with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom