News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

I think this specific problem will “thankfully” be avoided with TBA. Splash was already excellent with hiding the ceiling using foliage. Based on the one interior shot they showed, they’ve kept this the same, just adding a few flowers here and there. If this was purpose built new, I’d have no doubt this issue would have shown up.

Oh did they? I was worried about that. They showed that in the tree/ grass/Shack shot? I don’t think I noticed.

MerlinTheGoat

Oh did they? I was worried about that. They showed that in the tree/ grass/Shack shot? I don’t think I noticed.
1704848144941.png

1704848164521.png

In the Parks
No
NRJ is not a screen based attraction by any definition though. It also never uses screens to make up for a lack of physical (or at least not obviously like in little mermaid).
Um, maybe it's not "screen based" but it sure is "screen HEAVY." How much cooler would it be if there were actual animatronic animals to look at? Here's the answer...WAY COOLER! It was incredibly disappointing and boring for me and my family. Even the animatronic didn't seem to be utilized in a way that demonstrated its complexity fully.

UNCgolf

NRJ is not a screen based attraction by any definition though. It also never uses screens to make up for a lack of physical (or at least not obviously like in little mermaid).

I don't see how that matters to the point we were discussing. Nobody said screens are good as a replacement for all physical sets (I actually specifically said the opposite of that in the post you're quoting), but there are times where screens/projections are very useful.

UNCgolf

Um, maybe it's not "screen based" but it sure is "screen HEAVY." How much cooler would it be if there were actual animatronic animals to look at? Here's the answer...WAY COOLER! It was incredibly disappointing and boring for me and my family. Even the animatronic didn't seem to be utilized in a way that demonstrated its complexity fully.

It's one of the best attractions they've built at WDW in a while. It's a phenomenal C ticket; making it longer and adding a bunch of animatronic animals would make it a D or an E.

That would be great, of course, but it was never intended to be an E. I'd love to see them build more NRJ type rides as complementary attractions -- it's much better than other recent attractions like Ratatouille.

The biggest problem with NRJ is that the wait times are too long because DAK doesn't have enough other attractions.

JoeCamel

It's one of the best attractions they've built at WDW in a while. It's a phenomenal C ticket; making it longer and adding a bunch of animatronic animals would make it a D or an E.

That would be great, of course, but it was never intended to be an E. I'd love to see them build more NRJ type rides as complementary attractions -- it's much better than other recent attractions like Ratatouille.

The biggest problem with NRJ is that the wait times are too long because DAK doesn't have enough other attractions.
Sad to know it was cut to what it is, pales compared to what is next door

TrainsOfDisney

It also should have been built with the small world / pirates boats - the capacity is an issue.

I don't see how that matters to the point we were discussing.
I wasn’t arguing. I just don’t see NRJ as a screen based attraction.

UNCgolf

Sad to know it was cut to what it is, pales compared to what is next door

It actually doesn't for me! While I like both NRJ and FoP and definitely want to ride both when I'm at DAK, if I was forced to only choose one to ride I'd pick NRJ. FoP is very fun, but I can watch a 4k video at home and feel like I'm getting relatively close to the same experience -- obviously not exactly the same experience, and riding it in person is of course better than just watching the movie at home, but FoP just isn't as immersive/transportive as NRJ to me. Being in the actual physical space (and, importantly, a very well designed one) trumps the movie, even though it's a beautiful movie.

An E ticket version of NRJ would blow FoP out of the water for me.

Disney Analyst

Regarding Archive's comment a few pages back, they've said they heard it's going to open specifically on May 24th. With an official announcement of this date being made on Mardi Gras (February 13th this year). I could definitely imagine something Tiana-related happening on Mardi Gras at the very least.

Re: Disneyland (grain of salt)

celluloid

It actually doesn't for me! While I like both NRJ and FoP and definitely want to ride both when I'm at DAK, if I was forced to only choose one to ride I'd pick NRJ. FoP is very fun, but I can watch a 4k video at home and feel like I'm getting relatively close to the same experience -- obviously not exactly the same experience, and riding it in person is of course better than just watching the movie at home, but FoP just isn't as immersive/transportive as NRJ to me. Being in the actual physical space (and, importantly, a very well designed one) trumps the movie, even though it's a beautiful movie.

An E ticket version of NRJ would blow FoP out of the water for me.

That would have been a great use of the Shanghai pirates tech.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom