News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Vegas Disney Fan

Re: Disneyland (grain of salt)

This would make more sense, they are replacing large sections of the DL mountain that they didn’t in WDW, I suspected there must have been structural damage of some kind for them to demolish so much of the “roof”, this tweet would seem to confirm these suspicions, even though I have no idea who the person who tweeted it is.

MerlinTheGoat

Re: Disneyland (grain of salt)

There's not enough salt in the entire Avery Island dome. Twitter bio says "Former Disney exec. Covering Pop Culture, Entertainment, Gaming & News/Politics." He's just another one of those culture war lunatics like yellowflash, Quartering etc.
1704870035283.png

Disstevefan1

Regarding Archive's comment a few pages back, they've said they heard it's going to open specifically on May 24th. With an official announcement of this date being made on Mardi Gras (February 13th this year). I could definitely imagine something Tiana-related happening on Mardi Gras at the very least.

Wow. I would be very surprised if Splash...... er.... Tianas opens as soon as May 24th!

I am not sure if I believe the fake flowers on the mountain...... er..... salt mound are so heavy that they would need to re enforce the structure.

_caleb

They really made them look like Tiana and Naveen in Frog Form from behind. I know that doesn't make sense, but it just looks a lot like their character design to me.
I agree.

And it looks like the tops of their heads (where the eyes would be) are made of a different material than the bodies. This makes me think they might be animated/articulated in some way (at least the eyes, anyway).

Of course, I could be wrong.

yensidtlaw1969

I agree.

And it looks like the tops of their heads (where the eyes would be) are made of a different material than the bodies. This makes me think they might be animated/articulated in some way (at least the eyes, anyway).

Of course, I could be wrong.
Educated guess - the eyes may light up at night.

That shot of the full area does make it look nicely done, to me. Makes me excited to see it filled with water.

James Alucobond

I really, really like the realistic trees and logs so much more than the briar patch. A shame about the fence mural, though. Kind of hoping they at least distress it a bit and maybe add some moss or something to the fence to tone it down. Both sets of murals have really been my one disappointment in what we can see so far.

UNCgolf

That would have been a great use of the Shanghai pirates tech.

Potentially, although I'm afraid if they'd used the Shanghai pirates tech we'd have lost a lot of the detail that makes NRJ what it is. Shanghai Pirates has too many scenes that are just a movie playing on a screen.

I definitely want them to use the tech at WDW, but I think they can do much better than Shanghai Pirates with it -- Shanghai Pirates looks good, but I think it could be much improved with more physical set pieces and animatronics and less reliance on movies.

Last edited:

_caleb

I really, really like the realistic trees and logs so much more than the briar patch. A shame about the fence mural, though. Kind of hoping they at least distress it a bit and maybe add some moss or something to the fence to tone it down. Both sets of murals have really been my one disappointment in what we can see so far.
It's funny, the fence always looked temporary to me. What was its purpose?

celluloid

Potentially, although I'm afraid if they'd used the Shanghai pirates tech we'd have lost a lot of the detail that makes NRJ what it is. Shanghai Pirates has too many scenes that are just a movie playing on a screen.

I definitely want them to use the tech at WDW, but I think they can do much better than Shanghai Pirates with it -- not that Shanghai Pirates doesn't look very good, because it does, but it could be much improved with more physical set pieces and animatronics and less reliance on movies.

True. It would have had to show a lot of restraint and keep the pacing. My mind was one or two big scenes that keep it as a transfer to expand the world rather than try and keep it high action intensity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom