News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
My friend just sent me this. Tower is up at DL
IMG_5325.jpg

mickEblu

View attachment 762307

All white background at Disneyland vs. only white text at WDW. I like WDW's better.

Team Disneyland over here but I agree with you. Official score:

WDW 1
DL 0

However if we can avoid a mural or two we leap frog you haha. No pun intended.

oh wait. There's the whole placement thing. Never mind the game is already over lol

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Slightly off topic of construction, but do we think they are going to do VQ and ILL for this at Magic Kingdom? That would mean 2 VQs and 3 ILLs in one park (assuming they don’t take Tron and Mine Train off their respective slots) which would be a first for Disney.

Tha Realest

Slightly off topic of construction, but do we think they are going to do VQ and ILL for this at Magic Kingdom? That would mean 2 VQs and 3 ILLs in one park (assuming they don’t take Tron and Mine Train off their respective slots) which would be a first for Disney.
I feel like there was a systemic issue which limited their ability to have multiple VQs at once. I have no doubt they won’t be able to “give away” the SDMT ILL$$, so could see them keeping multiple ILLs open

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think it is a certainty that we will sere VQ and ILL. I expect to see TRON drop off the VQ at that point.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I think it is a certainty that we will sere VQ and ILL. I expect to see TRON drop off the VQ at that point.
I miss when we could wake up early with the excitement of going to a new attraction without being told when to ride on opening day with the virtual queues. The opening day mornings were so much more fun just showing up and being able to ride multiple times if you wanted to.

SuddenStorm

Right. Although I’d rather have a crappy PatF ride if it meant Splash Mountain survived.

Right.

Florida has the 'blessing of size', and the Magic Kingdom is the busiest theme park on the planet. They need to be adding more attractions, not replacing beloved and established attractions. I don't think anyone would have complained about a new Tiana dark ride attached to a new sit down restaurant.

Disneyland could have redone the New Orleans Train Station area- turning it into an incredible complex with the station, a Tiana dark ride, and a proper sit down Tiana's Palace.

Now we're losing a beloved attraction for a bland dirt mound that looks straight out of Knott's. Nothing about the new facade says 'Disney'. The tiara water tower feels like a parody of what Disney would do.

SuddenStorm

It’s just too flat and warehouse-y. I never really feel immersed. I never really feel Iike I’m in a cartoon. I think the Fantasyland dark rides do a better job at that. It’s fine/ cute and the kids enjoy it.

I figured out what bothers me about MMRR on my last ride through in Anaheim.

They made most of the segments daytime- so it's beyond obvious where the ceiling is and makes it apparent you're in a building. If they reconfigured it to have it be a night time attraction they'd be able to better hide the fact you're in a show building.

There's a reason dark rides are mostly night experiences. Baxter talks about this in his Season Pass Podcast interview series- sharing that he got them to repaint Mr. Toad's in Florida to be a night ride instead of daytime prior to open for the same reason.

And of course, one of the MMRR people is leading this project and is replacing a Baxter led project so it doesn't bode well.

mickEblu

They made most of the segments daytime- so it's beyond obvious where the ceiling is and makes it apparent you're in a building. If they reconfigured it to have it be a night time attraction they'd be able to better hide the fact you're in a show building.

There's a reason dark rides are mostly night experiences. Baxter talks about this in his Season Pass Podcast interview series- sharing that he got them to repaint Mr. Toad's in Florida to be a night ride instead of daytime prior to open for the same reason.

And of course, one of the MMRR people is leading this project and is replacing a Baxter led project so it doesn't bode well.

Exactly. It’s much easier to execute and hide stuff you don’t want guests to see. Dark rides need to be dark. There’s a reason the daytime scenes come off as artificial and plasticky like the opening park scene or stampede scene on MMRR.

Even on WDWs Splash which admittedly was executed well for daytime scenes on a dark ride. It always kind of came across off odd to me dropping into a mountain and into a bright sunny day. Especially being a Disneyland guy. Ours was just a big Fantasyland style dark ride.

mickEblu

Now think of everything we just said and how much more that makes you appreciate the ZADD scene which I guess was more set at dusk?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom