News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

but like the Frontierland to Adventureland, the archway is the portal....and it works well...
Until they opened up the second pathway, that is....
There is no visual break for Frontierland to Louisiana Bayou and back to Frontierland...
If the section of Pecos Bill facing the old french fry cart were re-dressed as a New Orleans street facade, it could probably feel a little more cohesive....

James Alucobond

If the section of Pecos Bill facing the old french fry cart were re-dressed as a New Orleans street facade, it could probably feel a little more cohesive....
I now think making Pecos Bill New Orleans-themed is the wrong idea after seeing the direction they're going. They seem to be intentionally keeping the New Orleans styling away from the main drag, behind Frontierland Station. Pecos Bill should switch to a Country Bear-tied restaurant instead. The facade left of Town Hall wouldn't have to change at all aside from signage, and the area right of the Chinese Laundromat would just need some of its southwestern detailing toned down to be more generically rustic.

Suspirian

View attachment 759477

Nothing says "Frontier Land" like gilded and ornate early 1900's Dixie style iron work and decorative brick work.

But since they put Tianna's Tree filled "Rainforest Cafe" Mountain between Pecos Bill and Thunder Mountain, it's clear they just don't care.
I feel like this is on par with Adventureland being an amalgamation of several countries that quite frankly never aesthetically blended that well together.

ToTBellHop

It’s still all kind of funny to me. You have this princess fairytale IP and this cutesy green flowery mountain where you go 50 feet down a thrilling drop. I’ll just state the obvious and say a purpose built PatF ride would never end up this way.
Eh…if we ended up on The Other Side and Dr. Facilier were coming after us, it would work.

They aren’t going that route because reasons.

I would have turned that entrance into the double drop a mausoleum entrance into The Other Side but they didn’t ask me.

mickEblu

Eh…if we ended up on The Other Side and Dr. Facilier were coming after us, it would work.

They aren’t going that route because reasons.

I would have turned that entrance into the double drop a mausoleum entrance into The Other Side but they didn’t ask me.

For sure. I’m not talking about the ride experience or that the IP/ content isn’t there to make a great ride.

Right. Really dumb. Are they phasing him out of the parks too or just trying to distance him from the voodoo stuff? I noticed he wasn’t at Oogie Boogie at DCA this year.

the_rich

For sure. I’m not talking about the ride experience or that the IP/ content isn’t there to make a great ride.

Right. Really dumb. Are they phasing him out of the parks too or just trying to distance him from the voodoo stuff? I noticed he wasn’t at Oogie Boogie at DCA this year.

He was at MK during the stage show

ToTBellHop

I wonder why Mama Odie gets a pass. Because she is a GOOD voodoo priestess? We just can’t have a Black villain?

Hopefully, they recast Kang the Conqueror with a white man if that’s the case.

mickEblu

I wonder why Mama Odie gets a pass. Because she is a GOOD voodoo priestess? We just can’t have a Black villain?

Hopefully, they recast Kang the Conqueror with a white man if that’s the case.

Yup Its because her magic is viewed as good while his is viewed as evil. Evil/ voodoo being associated with a black character for a ride that’s replacing “problematic” Splash Mountain is a No Go…. in their eyes. So they continue to sanitize and dumb down everything for the DEI department.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I think this is supposed to be that one
I tried to make a new thread about expectations for the ride versus its predecessor (with a poll of course!), just to try to get this thread to be more on topic about what's actually coming with construction updates and everything. But the new thread got shut down for some reason. So I guess this will continue to be the place to defend and complain about this new ride.

_caleb

I tried to make a new thread about expectations for the ride versus its predecessor (with a poll of course!), just to try to get this thread to be more on topic about what's actually coming with construction updates and everything. But the new thread got shut down for some reason. So I guess this will continue to be the place to defend and complain about this new ride.
I don't even mind complaining/defending the ride.

It's the conspiratorial nonsense and the bad faith summaries of what "they" (Disney, WDI, DEI Team, minorities, immigrants, political opponents, etc.) think, want, and are trying to accomplish that seep into every discussion.

It's great that we don't all see eye to eye on everything. We can disagree agreeably!

But when every thread devolves into one of those awkward, off-the-rails conversations with your grumpy uncle and super political sister-in-law, it makes you wonder if it's worth the trouble to participate at all.

JD80

1000005988.jpg
From big thunder queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom